Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Is there absolutely, any chance, what so ever, of Hiroshi Kiyotake? He's been an absolute revelation in the Bundesliga, features towards the top for stats in Europes top 5 leagues for Assists, Key Passes and Completed Crosses.

That would be a coup. Although I assume he is out of our reach

• Like 2

Along those lines I think if we are to have one 'marquee' signing this summer it will be in the CAM role. I assume this marquee signing would be in the £7-9m range, like Benteke (and assuming we get a good fee for Bent), there are a few youngsters across Europe who would be able to play in that position. A few highly rated players I would like for that position would be:

(I think these players would likely be out of that price range and probably out of our range anyway but just players I would like to see, I can dream a little bit)

Hiroshi Kiyotake (Nurnberg)

Will Hughes (Derby)

Koke (Atletico)

Not really young but Ilicic (Now relegated Palermo)

More of a winger and more affordable Yohan Mollo (Saint Etienne)

Is there absolutely, any chance, what so ever, of Hiroshi Kiyotake? He's been an absolute revelation in the Bundesliga, features towards the top for stats in Europes top 5 leagues for Assists, Key Passes and Completed Crosses.

Problem is HalfTimePost, due to Cons heatmaps etc etc I remain highly suspicious of so called top stats. Taking Con out of the equation I hope you are right!

I haven`t seen his name being tossed around at all. Seems exciting though so would be fun, specially with a jap in our team. 

Essential PL signs some experience to the back four, ffs we haven't kept a clean sheet since Arsenal in November, 20 something games :S A new centre back partner for Vlaar and a new left back will do ;)

Plus obviously replacing Bent, Given, Ireland, Bannan and N'Zogbia who will be off in the Summer. So upto 7 new names in the new few months #exciting

Unfortunately given that he only joined Nuremburg last summer it's unlikely he'd be on the move unless it was for a massively inflated fee.

Fun player to watch though all the same.

Along those lines I think if we are to have one 'marquee' signing this summer it will be in the CAM role. I assume this marquee signing would be in the £7-9m range, like Benteke (and assuming we get a good fee for Bent), there are a few youngsters across Europe who would be able to play in that position. A few highly rated players I would like for that position would be:

(I think these players would likely be out of that price range and probably out of our range anyway but just players I would like to see, I can dream a little bit)

Hiroshi Kiyotake (Nurnberg)

Will Hughes (Derby)

Koke (Atletico)

Not really young but Ilicic (Now relegated Palermo)

More of a winger and more affordable Yohan Mollo (Saint Etienne)

Mollo's situation is interesting. I have no idea what's going on with his loan and contract scenario and if Nancy are in a position to sell. I can't imagine St Etienne wanting to get rid of a creative player like him especially with them likely to lose Aubameyang too. I would imagine they're desperate to sign him for a longer deal - I just don't know if that was part of the loan deal or not.

Illic is another fun one to watch. An unorthodox build for an attacking midfielder and has surprising good touch considering his size. I think it's widely expected he'll go to an Italian team in one of the European competitions though.

Same goes for Abel Hernandez. Has had a disappointing season stats-wise but still considered a great young talent. He'll be picked up by a top Serie A side I would think.

And as I've said before I really like Will Hughes but I think he could be incredibly expensive.

Although its almost certain that any players we'll be going for will be young and inexperienced with the Premier League, we should remember that we made a last ditch cheeky attempt to try and get Dempsey on August deadline day. So you never know, there could be a surprise signing.

Next to no chance of us spending anything like £9m on a player this window without some big sales.

£30m for the sales of bent and benteke?

If someone offers £20-£25m for benteke i think villa as a club will have to consider it

Next to no chance of us spending anything like £9m on a player this window without some big sales.

Don't like this idea of fans dumbing down expectations with signings. We paid £24m for Darren Bent a couple of seasons back so what is £9M in the greater scheme of things.

I am expecting to see us spend £35M - £40M  minimum this summer or I will be really disappointed. The Breakdown is £25M readily made available & the balance £10M-£15M generated from players moving on.

With that I expect minimum 7 new players of at least 2 costing near the £10M mark & 5 with the £15M -£20M Balance

We have at least £120M coming into the Club with the new tv deal, gate money, matchday revenue, banqueting & Merchandising, so the transfer figures listed above are not unrealistic especially when you take into account the moving on of our vastly overpaid non playing players.

Think it will work similar to last Summer, if Lambert has a specific target up to the region of say £10m, then I think he will get the backing based on his eye for Benteke. We can't fault Lerner/Faulkner for backing Lambo to get Benteke obviously and they actually had to put a few bids in if I remember correctly to get the man he wanted.

One 'star signing*' and a few cheap ones.

* = unknown player who turns out to be Jesus reincarnated part 2.

Edited by samjp26

£30m for the sales of bent and benteke?

If someone offers £20-£25m for benteke i think villa as a club will have to consider it

Not a chance. We won't even consider any offer for Benteke below £30m. And there is no chance we would sell both. Bent is a goner. Benteke will be here next season.

Don't like this idea of fans dumbing down expectations with signings. We paid £24m for Darren Bent a couple of seasons back so what is £9M in the greater scheme of things.

I am expecting to see us spend £35M - £40M  minimum this summer or I will be really disappointed. The Breakdown is £25M readily made available & the balance £10M-£15M generated from players moving on.

With that I expect minimum 7 new players of at least 2 costing near the £10M mark & 5 with the £15M -£20M Balance

We have at least £120M coming into the Club with the new tv deal, gate money, matchday revenue, banqueting & Merchandising, so the transfer figures listed above are not unrealistic especially when you take into account the moving on of our vastly overpaid non playing players.

I'd say prepare to be disappointed then because I can't see us spending anywhere near that £40m you're predicting.

My guess would be more around the £20m-£25m mark. I'd like to hope we'll spend more but I just can't see it.

The days of paying £24m for a striker are long gone I would think (at this stage in the club's rebuild).

I can see one Benteke-esque signing (around the £8M - £9M mark) - preferably a creative attacking-midfielder.

And then probably a CB and LB around the £5M mark each. And maybe one or two more players (striker/winger) around £2m.

I think it will be around £15-20 million net, a couple of £7-8 million players and a few £1-2 million Lowtons and Westwoods I hope.

Is Jolean Lescott out of contract now? He might take a wage decrease to play for Villa...he's a CB with plenty of experience, which we badly need...

Your going to be very dissappointed. I think we will spend around £9m net and about 15-20m in total depending on player sales.

I reckon one £9m signing and one £5m signing (Those being a CB and CAM, not sure which will be the £9m one, hopefully CAM) and then 3 £2m signings.

Edited by HalfTimePost

I'd say prepare to be disappointed then because I can't see us spending anywhere near that £40m you're predicting.

My guess would be more around the £20m-£25m mark. I'd like to hope we'll spend more but I just can't see it.

The days of paying £24m for a striker are long gone I would think (at this stage in the club's rebuild).

I can see one Benteke-esque signing (around the £8M - £9M mark) - preferably a creative attacking-midfielder.

And then probably a CB and LB around the £5M mark each. And maybe one or two more players (striker/winger) around £2m.

Well it was wideley reported that we paid £3.5m for Lowton  + £2.5m for Westwood. Lambert has recently said he only paid £1m each for these ? - I wonder why ? - Is it so when we sign a chesterfield reserve for £750k - he can say 'Well Matt Lowton was only £1m'

I think your dreaming if you think we have £20m to spend , I reckon £10m spend and don't be totally surprised if the bulk of that comes from player sales

I am expecting to see us spend £35M - £40M minimum this summer or I will be really disappointed. The Breakdown is £25M readily made available & the balance £10M-£15M generated from players moving on.

Dumbing down expectations? That is a new one. I think you are going to be in for a big disappointment this summer, I am just being realistic.

• Like 1

A player I'd like to be linked with is Park Ji Sung from QPR. He's alright, nothing amazing, not a Johnny Big Bollucks, works hard...is seen as a messiah in South Korea...it would help is build our fanbase.

Arsenal did it with Inamoto. If we bring people like Dawkins in on loan and don't play him, we might as well make our bench warmers work for us!