Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Oh the ITK's that knew nothing about Bent having a medical are suddenly appearing again.

Wonderful.

I am grateful Richard is passing on anything he has heard. He has nothing to gain other than being mocked if nothing happens. Its a snifter of good news on top of a great weekend. I will take it :)

Oh the ITK's that knew nothing about Bent having a medical are suddenly appearing again.

Wonderful.

I am grateful Richard is passing on anything he has heard. He has nothing to gain other than being mocked if nothing happens. Its a snifter of good news on top of a great weekend. I will take it :)

I've never seen anything at all to indicate that Richard is an ITK. (Not getting at your back Richard, I just haven't) Yet he's been duped as an itk for quite a while, is it because he met Paul Lambert some time back(?).

A lot of his comments that's been made has just been general comments, that's also been made by other players. I don't get it. To me the only guy/girl who's close to being an itk on this site is HH.

Feel free to fill me inn if there is something I've completely missed though, most properly I have.

Wonderful.

I've never seen anything at all to indicate that Richard is an ITK. (Not getting at your back Richard, I just haven't) Yet he's been duped as an itk for quite a while, is it because he met Paul Lambert some time back(?).

A lot of his comments that's been made has just been general comments, that's also been made by other players. I don't get it. To me the only guy/girl who's close to being an itk on this site is HH.

Feel free to fill me inn if there is something I've completely missed though, most properly I have.

I have no idea, maybe he heard from a friend of a friend. I just see no reason for the bloke to make stuff up, and if he has then we can all have a giggle about it and move on, no big deal.

Wonderful.

I have no idea, maybe he heard from a friend of a friend. I just see no reason for the bloke to make stuff up, and if he has then we can all have a giggle about it and move on, no big deal.

Richard does hear things from time to time to be honest, but never claims any ITK unless he gets relatively reliable info.

We need a defender, attacking midfielder and perhaps another Sylla.

If we can get a key player for the AM, we would have the backbone of a great team.

Okore - Westwood/Sylla/Delph - AM - Benteke

(put three in for behind the AM as they are a unit)

• Like 1

Can't have 3 cms and an am in our system, one player too many with the 3 up top

I just couldn't decide who to leave out, you are correct.

I can't see us playing the current formation all the time either, I can see Gabby moving forward, the AM behind, then the three CM's and also a 4-4-1-1 with wingers. I think we have a team that can change if we need it to.

I think for an AM, ideally we want someone equally at home as a winger and in the hole. It'll need to be someone who starts wide, but drifts in if/when play demands and can run the attacking game behind Benteke, even dropping further back into midfield if needed. That'll also mean that whichever one out of Gabby/Andi who is playing the other side of the initial top 3 is happy enough to keep switching sides. 

• Like 1

Fall guy: Aston Villa's Charles N’Zogbia caused West Bromwich Albion constant problems Photo: GETTY IMAGES

11:00PM GMT 20 Jan 2013

comments.gifComment

Finances are now so tight that Paul Lambert has conceded he may not make a single new addition this month and will need to navigate a route to Premier League survival with his struggling squad.

The pressure is now on players such as N’Zogbia to justify their substantial transfer fees and wages more than ever but at the Hawthorns there were signs that realisation is dawning for the French winger, a £9.5  million buy in 2011.

The former Wigan player excelled in a free role and produced perhaps his finest performance for the club. Tellingly, Lambert withdrew him midway through the second half in a bid to protect him for the three crucial games Villa face in the next nine days.

N’Zogbia will be crucial as Lambert prepares for a season-defining week, with the first challenge on Tuesday as they face Bradford in the second leg of their Capital One Cup semi-final.

Lambert said: “Charles is really talented and is the kind of player who can create things where others might not even try it. I obviously don’t know what happened last season and he has been out injured for six weeks for me but he has that ability to make things happen. He is a talent, there is no two ways about it.

“I’ve spoken to him numerous times and if he can add one or two goals to his game then he would be a very good player.”
Edited by Morpheus

zoggy doesnt have to prove anything, not to us anyway, we knew what he was capable of, hasnt shown it here so in turn have no more patience for him, time for him to move on and let the kids flourish, hes a hinder to the wage bill

Fall guy: Aston Villa's Charles N’Zogbia caused West Bromwich Albion constant problems Photo: GETTY IMAGES

john-percy60-60_2378356j.jpg

By John Percy

comments.gifComment

Finances are now so tight that Paul Lambert has conceded he may not make a single new addition this month and will need to navigate a route to Premier League survival with his struggling squad.

The pressure is now on players such as N’Zogbia to justify their substantial transfer fees and wages more than ever but at the Hawthorns there were signs that realisation is dawning for the French winger, a £9.5  million buy in 2011.

The former Wigan player excelled in a free role and produced perhaps his finest performance for the club. Tellingly, Lambert withdrew him midway through the second half in a bid to protect him for the three crucial games Villa face in the next nine days.

N’Zogbia will be crucial as Lambert prepares for a season-defining week, with the first challenge on Tuesday as they face Bradford in the second leg of their Capital One Cup semi-final.

Lambert said: “Charles is really talented and is the kind of player who can create things where others might not even try it. I obviously don’t know what happened last season and he has been out injured for six weeks for me but he has that ability to make things happen. He is a talent, there is no two ways about it.

“I’ve spoken to him numerous times and if he can add one or two goals to his game then he would be a very good player.”

But this is a player who has been poor, bar one or two games. We should write him off as you have done with El Ahmadi?

• Like 1

Gary Cahill has to be one if the most over rated players in the Premier League. I don't care if he plays for Chelsea, he is so poor defensively.

I agree. His goal against SHA and the poor quality of his immediate replacements enhanced his reputation but his display against us when we battered Bolton was one oif the worst I have witnessed by a centre half. He couldn't handle Carew that day. Kenny Miller ran him ragged on wednesday and Miller is League 1 standard at best.

So let's continue with that logic: Miller is League One standard and ran Cahill ragged, but Cahill previously had the measure of Neymar, so that makes Neymar what standard then? You can't use pointless friendlies to judge a player.

How about the first leg of the CL against Barca in 2012!? Why didn't you use that as a reference point? He's an excellent defender and that's why he's still at Chelsea and is expected to feature heavily under Mourinho.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat; he'd improve our defence no end.

Wonderful.

Richard called a bunch of the early signings where others didn't (and it wasn't guesswork, because we've been linked with many players who who we haven't signed and he had no info on). He also called the appointment of Lambert before everyone else. He might keep quiet to avoid the ITK-bashing, but he definitely gets the odd bit of info from someone.

As for HH, yes, he has info too. But like others, he gets things wrong. People seem to be forgetting that he said we would categorically sign no-one in Jan (cough.. Sylla.. cough) and that he said Bannan would be gone "Today or Tomorrow" a few weeks ago).

Fall guy: Aston Villa's Charles N’Zogbia caused West Bromwich Albion constant problems Photo: GETTY IMAGES

comments.gifComment

Finances are now so tight that Paul Lambert has conceded he may not make a single new addition this month and will need to navigate a route to Premier League survival with his struggling squad.

The former Wigan player excelled in a free role and produced perhaps his finest performance for the club. Tellingly, Lambert withdrew him midway through the second half in a bid to protect him for the three crucial games Villa face in the next nine days.

Sorry, what's the point in this article? Something from last January saying were not signing anyone and N'Zogbia needs to up his game, what does it prove?