Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

yeah I think Southampton will be top 8. Great first 11. Probably alot better than ours. Depth.. not sure they have much depth.

West Brom will be shit. Norwich and Swansea will be top 10. We may just miss out i think. Everton havent lost any players of note.. they will be up there still. Cardiff could be the suprise packet.

Our strikeforce is arguably the best outside the top 4. Unfortunately the rest of the squad isn't at that level.

we need a midfield version of tekkers!  

This all day and when we get that we'll be a lot stronger.

• Like 1

Our strikeforce is arguably the best outside the top 4. Unfortunately the rest of the squad isn't at that level.

we need a midfield version of tekkers!  

This all day and when we get that we'll be a lot stronger.

Well, we found Tekkers. Who's to say Lambert has'nt got his eyes set on the next find of the century?

I had a quick google and Brugge fans have been talking about it since morning. Although would that be because they read it off a Villa forum somehow as it has spiralled into one of those crazy rumours?

http://www.forumclub.be/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1139&p=438476

Good find. Seems like one of those random things that came out of nowhere, and those are usually the ones that end up being true. Here's hoping.

Maxime Lestienne btw guys:

0:48 Seconds on this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnpvnOSWwvI

And here is one of those compilation things

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRApaYVKtqI

20-year-old Polish "winger" that likes to cut inside and score goals, 17 this season for Brugge and 10 assists. Skillful, quick and is a good finisher - I think he would work well in our system.

Again I look to Belgian Guy as he is more of an expert with the Jupiler League, but I think he would be a good signing. Was linked with Man City and Everton a few years ago.

If anybody wants to see my 'junior scouting' report (under Wes, of course) from a few months ago. He is Belgian btw, not Polish, don't know why I thought he was Polish.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

Be a bit strange if it was at a 'completed' stage without the press catching on before hand or something being leaked about a bid having been made? That's not how things work at all these days! Hah.

Quality if true though.

Yeah so according to a Club Brugge 'ITK', an English club has bid €16.5m, which is around £14m. Apparently the guy who is saying it got stuff right before (on their forum).

The name being touted is ours, although I can't see us spending £14m on him personally. Mental.

The timing of it is interesting too, the day after we get Bent off our books.

Kiyotake being 'too expensive' (being as we didn't follow up our enquiry) would lead me to believe that there is no way we'd be spending £14m on Lestienne.

That's a lot of money for a player from that sort of league....

17 goals and 10 assists last season, he is good, but I agree it is alot for a player from there (no offence to Belgian Guy). We got Benteke for £5m.

I follow a lot of Belgian Pro League followers on Twitter and they're always raving about him. I remember one saying he is far too good for that league now and would be a great signing for any Premier League club. 

If so, Chief Scout Wes strikes again.

I would be IMMENSELY suprised if we have spent £14m on one player though. Very, very, very surprised. Especially when that amount would likely have gotten us Kiyotake

It was me, not Wes :(

IF we pull this off though, I'll be happy, good player.

• Like 1