Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

and Barry had a two page spread in the NOTW slagging us off basically

Yup.

And to answer MessiWillSignForVilla's question fully:

Young threw himself to the floor against one of his former team mates to win his team a penalty.

Yorke sulked off against Everton to force a move.

Downing turned his back on the club just weeks after stating that he was looking to sign a new deal. He also failed to show us respect after we took him from the Championship while nursing a broken leg.

I get why those guys are hated, I don't get why Milner isn't. Yes he gave his all for the club. Yes he was a great player. But at the end of the day he spent two seasons with us, jumped at the first chance, turned the entire transfer into a saga which meant we still had in the 10/11 season for a bit (a saga which apparently made MON leave), and despite desperately wanting to go to Man City wouldn't hand in a transfer request to get it sorted just so he could get his pay off. IMO, he's just as bad as the rest of them.

PS- Also, Yorke was just a big name I threw out there, I was five when he left and devastated and therefore know little about how he acted when he left  :blush:

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

When we think about how Liverpool fans must feel having paid us 20m for Downing, I wonder how Man City fans feel about 26m (inc Ireland) for Milner ?

I mean, lets be honest. He's never looked like a 20m player for them at all, maybe a hard working 10m one absolute tops. Barry has proved far better value for em

Maybe it shows how we over rate our own players value when we have em

much my feelings...except the Ireland part of the equation, almost made the deal reasonable for them.

Edited by TRO

and Barry had a two page spread in the NOTW slagging us off basically

Yup.

And to answer MessiWillSignForVilla's question fully:

Young threw himself to the floor against one of his former team mates to win his team a penalty.

Yorke sulked off against Everton to force a move.

Downing turned his back on the club just weeks after stating that he was looking to sign a new deal. He also failed to show us respect after we took him from the Championship while nursing a broken leg.

I get why those guys are hated, I don't get why Milner isn't. Yes he gave his all for the club. Yes he was a great player. But at the end of the day he spent two seasons with us, jumped at the first chance, turned the entire transfer into a saga which meant we still had in the 10/11 season for a bit (a saga which apparently made MON leave), and despite desperately wanting to go to Man City wouldn't hand in a transfer request to get it sorted just so he could get his pay off. IMO, he's just as bad as the rest of them.

PS- Also, Yorke was just a big name I threw out there, I was five when he left and devastated  :blush:

Yeah in fairness, I wasn't too impressed when Milner left either. Pretty devastated actually. He was well on his way to becoming one of our greats when he left, and I think that's why people want him back. Had he not left then people would be talking about him in the same breath as Laursen, Mellberg and possibly even Mcgrath by now.

A 17 yr old Belgian debutant at that

I'm starting to believe that these Belgian's all have been test tube babies born from the cell of a perfect footballer made in some secret Belgian laboratory.

So that's what Luc Nillis has been up to...

I actually checked the date yesterday that he retired on to make a similar post but figured he was playing too recently. I should've gone with it anyway *shakes angry fist* :)

You were probably right not to after my response.

What a player Milner is. Just the type we need.

You've said that a few times (I don't disagree).. But as you keep mentioning it, you heard anything??

Oh and on a side note, wa always surprised he went to city where they had numerous cm's so obvious he wouldn't play much there. Genuinely think if he had gone to utd, he would've cm and Scholes would not have needed to come out of retirement (obviously not saying Milner was as good as Scholes in his prime, but would've done his job)

Edited by mikeyp102

MIlner **** us over after we saved him from his Newcastle hell. we made him player he was then he **** off soon as first bid came in. fact he wouldnt talk about when was asked by journalists that summer proved he didnt respect us. dont mind players leaving if they are honest about it.

good player but not as great as people make out

So if Bent is just going on loan which hasn't been confirmed yet does anyone think we'll be bringing more players in?

Holloway had said he expected it to be sorted by Today so you'd think once he gets through the medical we'll be good. :)

How many of the O'Neill era left us and progressed as players? Barry maybe? They got their big moves but didn't develop as you would expect them too.

Cahill  :rant:

after that only player except Barry to be a success at another club was probably Routledge

• Like 1

So if Bent is just going on loan which hasn't been confirmed yet does anyone think we'll be bringing more players in?

Yes, but not of the top drawer quality as a permanent sale would have enabled

How many of the O'Neill era left us and progressed as players? Barry maybe? They got their big moves but didn't develop as you would expect them too.

after that only player except Barry to be a success at another club was probably Routledge

Shaun Maloney as well.

I was extremely bitter when Cahill went.