Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

A lot of clubs have players I'd quite like us to have... Jack Cork at Southampton for one. (He'd fit into our side perfectly. However Southampton wouldn't sell to us and he'd cost a wedge)

A lot of clubs have players I'd quite like us to have... Jack Cork at Southampton for one. (He'd fit into our side perfectly. However Southampton wouldn't sell to us and he'd cost a wedge)

Cork is decent but Morgan Schneiderlin is the one I'd most like out of Southamptons midfield. Very underrated player who would be brilliant in our midfield. Probably out of our range now though

Cork is decent but Morgan Schneiderlin is the one I'd most like out of Southamptons midfield. Very underrated player who would be brilliant in our midfield. Probably out of our range now though

It's so easy to forget the quality Southampton have

Agreed,

Boruc 

Clyne   Yoshida  Lovren  Shaw

Wanyama   Schneiderlin

Rodriguez    Gaston     Lallana

Lambert

is a bloody good team to be going into their 2nd Prem year with

I still believe Huddleston could have done a job for us. But now Hull have took the gamble.

Would that job be eating the left over half time pies?

Huddlestone is actually quite a good player, lots of presence (perhaps from the pie consumption), a hell of a shot and fantastic passing range, just rarely fit enough to play a whole season, it would seem.

I still believe Huddleston could have done a job for us. But now Hull have took the gamble.

Would that job be eating the left over half time pies?

Huddlestone is actually quite a good player, lots of presence (perhaps from the pie consumption), a hell of a shot and fantastic passing range, just rarely fit enough to play a whole season, it would seem.

Very true but doesn't strike me as the kind of player that would fit into this team.

Message to all Villa Fans....

.... can you start looking at reading the game, positional play , effect on a game, Guile, improvisation, passing ability......and most of all....WILL TO WIN.

Don't just become one of the " net bulgers fan club" who only see the merits of a strike at goal and nothing else as the "Holy Grail"..... misguided, sorry.

Barry on loan would have been worth a look but I guess Lambo has made his decision to go with what we have or with them and someone we might still be looking to add. I wonder if Manchester City would have done the decent thing (given the Ireland/Milner deal) and paid the balance between what we might be prepared to pay and what he now gets to have made the loan happen?

A 17 yr old Belgian debutant at that

I'm starting to believe that these Belgian's all have been test tube babies born from the cell of a perfect footballer made in some secret Belgian laboratory.

So that's what Luc Nillis has been up to...

You can't blame him though for not recognizing Benteke wearing a goalkeeper's kit.

I like the fact that Lambert stated that one of the reasons he turned down Barry was because he wanted only players 24 or under

I don't. So what if a quality player came on offer (e.g. James Milner) and Lambert turned him down because he's over that age range... makes me worry.

We can't afford the wages and fees of quality experienced players.

If a player like Milner became available, either:

a) He has seriously deteriorated as a player to become one of the next generation of poor journeymen players like those we are still currently trying to rid the squad of

b ) He's still the same or similar player that we sold 3 years or so ago. In which case, we can no longer afford him.

We CAN afford however;

1) Crap experienced players, just.

2) Young hungry and promising players.

Those are our options.

Edited by HalfTimePost