Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

we shouldnt pay any of their wages, ive never understood why clubs cave in and accept to pay players wages after theyve gone

if the buying club cant afford the wages, tough

Simply because it increases the likelihood of them going in light of very little interest from people wanting to take 100% of their wages on.

A 75% reduction in the wage bill of Ireland and Given is better than them being stuck here.

Thomas ince spent most of last season playing in the hole and occassionally on the wing he is no threat to Delph's position in the squad. Would fit in well here I think, but I haven't seen him play so I can't comment on whether he would be any good for us. He scored a lot of goals from AM last season though.

Haven't seen him play that much but always thought he generally played in the same position as Delph. However playing in those roles you suggest he does fit the profile and position we need.

If Newcastle really want Bent they could well be pressured into making a bid sooner than planned due to the benteke business as they could be thinking we may need to keep him so they'd want to get the deal done before benteke goes anywhere. Could work in our favour.

true, and if bent leaves first, the price tag on Benteke will go up a bit as well.

But why would we loan out Ireland and Given and pay the best part of 120k/week to do so? Wouldn't make sense. I would hope we get them off he books and are paying 25% of their wages max or it's pointless IMO.

Because it's that or pay the 100%. There aren't clubs lining up to sign either player

seen him say it in a few interviews now (including one during the U21s) he wants to go somewhere where he is 1st choice and going to play every week, not sure if thats here but its certainly not liverpool

personally i dont think he's worth the money, seeing as we've signed tonev, norwich redmond and sunderland giaccherini id guess he's not actually that much in demand

Doesn't matter if Lambert was interested, I very much doubt we could afford him. I assume the price is high which is why Norwich found better value in Redmond.

The thing with signing Ince from Blackpool is they want some money from it, as it stands Liverpool get 45-50% of the transfer fee - hence him being valued at £8m...

I don't think he's an £8m player and wouldn't want to give Plop free money either!

Doesn't matter if Lambert was interested, I very much doubt we could afford him. I assume the price is high which is why Norwich found better value in Redmond.

I would actually go so far that redmond is much better than ince, but thats just my view. A player that can become special if he gets the right training and playtime imo

I would actually go so far that redmond is much better than ince, but thats just my view. A player that can become special if he gets the right training and playtime imo

If you are looking for a winger I would agree but if you are looking for someone to play central attacking midfield and score goals then Ince is by far the better prospect. 18 goals and 14 assists last season is pretty impressive to me.

I'd pay 3m tops for Ince

With all due respect if we offered that we would get the same reaction that we're hopefully going to give to Spurs if they offer anything below 25m for Benteke.

Edited by Morpheus
  • Like 1