Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

We need a big strong striker? Let's look to the Czechs  :D

Tomas Pekhart and Libor Kozak are both young players with a lot of potential. I think they'd both do well under Lambert's guidance. 

Luuk De Jong is very good, but like Bas Dost, he didn't have a fantastic first season in Germany following a move from Holland.  Both players had injuries that kept them out for a while too.

I'd take either as they both are great prospects, but not sure they'd come in and be our spearhead striker.

If we buy another striker before we sell Benteke, I'll almost guarantee we let Benteke go for way under our initial valuation since we'll be desperate to get some money back in

If we buy another striker before we sell Benteke, I'll almost guarantee we let Benteke go for way under our initial valuation since we'll be desperate to get some money back in

I think that's why there was reference to 'an appropriate time scale' in the club statement. 

With Benteke leaving i'm not too worried; idk after seeing Downing, Young etc leave you slowly get used to it.

I think out of all those that have left Milner and Barry have really kicked on with their careers.. Young, Downing etc really haven't made their mark, maybe i'm wrong but that's how I see it.

That said the money I imagine will be reinvested and the good thing about this - we have a manager that knows how to spend properly.

All that matters is we get a big fee from Benteke, get in replacements and build.

Still excited for the new season personally; Helenius, Okore etc are all solid signings, sure Benteke leaving will set us back alot but the club has seen off many key players leaving and has still gone on.

• Like 1

Back to strengthening OUR CLUB not some poxy north london shit hole of a hateful club and fans,  where do you think our next signing will be?  Attacking midfielder is a pretty good guess at this stage and then another defender methinks

Back to strengthening OUR CLUB not some poxy north london shit hole of a hateful club and fans,  where do you think our next signing will be?  Attacking midfielder is a pretty good guess at this stage and then another defender methinks

I would say an attacking midfielder, being as Lambert has taken Herd out to Germany as our alternate right back it is likely that he will promote him to that role to save some cash.

If we don't need to get another right back, all we need is an attacking midfield threat and obviously a striker if/when Benteke leaves.

Edited by samjp26

If CB leaves for sure we need another striker.

In General I suspect we need a decent AM as well need to create more through out the team.Lot of clubs now being Busy so we definitely need to strengthen further.

I still want either another central defender and/or dedicated ball winner in midfield. We look pretty short on options if, say, Vlaar or Sylla pick up injuries or suspensions. Don't have much faith in Clark in either role, honestly. Leroy Fer looks to be going pretty cheap, probably to Norwich of all places. I get the feeling we're going for the "you score three, we'll score four" approach, though!