black sabbath!

Rugeley Villa

Aye, war pigs is no comedy song.

Not comedy. Cartoon. It's all a bit "14-year-old boys playing Warhammer" for me.

Like an early Bullet For My Valentine, you mean? ;)

Sabbs were ok, but certainly not the greatest.

• 1 month later...

Thinking about going to see them in va in August. I know they don't have wardy on the skins, and will be a shell of some of the times a few of our *cough* more experienced vters have seen them, but feel like it should be good banter.

I'm goin to see them at the LG arena in december then two nights after at the nia, can't wait, bill ay on drums which is a shame but the replacement looks really good, by all accounts bill wernt up to the job,

I'm going, one of those "have to see them at least once" bands

Exactly. I saw them in NZ in April. Amazing! I'm not a huge fan mind but love about 5 or 6 classics. I was disappointed Ward was not there but the new drummer is tits!

I was disappointed Ward was not there but the new drummer is tits!

Tommy Clufetos is bloody good. Saw him at the Ozzy tour last year and he is one of those drummers that stands out in a band, in a good way.

• 9 months later...

Right then when I started this thread I was not accurate enough, sabbath are the greatest. Rob forget the beach boys and mooney forget the who, these boys ARE THE greatest band evet, and yes I am hammered

Stay away from Henry.

• Like 1

I love the dead, and I'll" try and keep away from demonic hoovers. Noel and liam are cool but their pretenders when it comes to the sabs. I can honestly say I love sabbath like it was my kid. More swagger than 20 mick jaggers

Or should I have said more jagger than mick

No, but another band I've got a lot of respect for. And they have influenced many of the bands I like. Not so much the band, even though Brian and Toni seems to be quite good friends. Fom the Brum area I prefer Priest, for some reason. Sorry about that.

I never really got into Sabbath, and I was into Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, and some other 80's metal that is much more forgettable. For me, Sabbath were a bit too doom and gloom, generally. But I recognize their importance in rock history, and I respect what they've done.

Tony and brian are best mates, sabbath were a big influence on queen and by 1976 tony was being influenced by a lot of bands including queen. Yeah man priest are ok. Their were a lot better live bands queen included but for albums they were no match

I never really got into Sabbath, and I was into Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, and some other 80's metal that is much more forgettable. For me, Sabbath were a bit too doom and gloom, generally. But I recognize their importance in rock history, and I respect what they've done.

love all those bands you mentioned. On their day were purple the best live band ever?? Probably. Where some people don't like the doom and gloom like you say that's what's attracts me to them. Underated lyrics. They are the sound track to my life. When I first heard sabbath when I was younger I thought to myself, yep that's how I feel

Â