fairies wear boots 

into the void

wheels of confusion

snowblind

supernaut

sabbath bloody sabbath

a national acrobat

symptom of the universe

so hard to pick a top ten but that's it today.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

1. Black Sabbath

2. Symptom of the Universe

3. Children of the Grave

4. The Wizard

5. Killing Yourself to Live

6. Am I Going Insane

7. Supernaut

8. Planet Caravan

9. Sweet Leaf

10. Fairies Wear Boots

There are not many who like 'am I going insane' but I'm also a fan. Sabotage is very close to being their best album.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

I still like the first album the best. Just about to start work, so I'll come back to you on a top 10. Off the top of my head, Hand of Doom, NIB, and The Wizard will definitely feature.

I'm going to say it, but I think the debut is overrated. One of the most important albums ever released and also one of the best debuts, but I think it gets too much praise. It's a very good album and unique for the time but it fails in comparison to most of their albums. The title track is a masterpiece which I have to be in the mood for, nib is great too and reminds me of cream. I love bill wards drumming on the wizard and Tony's simple riff jumps out and bites you on the arse.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I think creating a Top Ten from the Ozzy era is incredibly difficult because weak tracks were few and far between.

Imo opinion they didn't do one truly bad track. There was the odd one which was a bit meh but they have such a strong back catalogue. Worst album was Technical ecstasy but even that has plenty of stuff going for it to call it a decent album.

• Like 1

Album - Master of Reality

Songs

• Sweet Leaf
  • Supernaut
  • War Pigs
  • Black Sabbath
  • Chldren of the Grave
  • Iron Man
  • NIB
  • Symptom of the Universe
  • Into the Void
  • Electric Funeral
  • Like 3

Yeah man, I've listened to an awful lot of stoner, but that album is the original, and probably one of the best - along with the likes of Electric Wizard's Dopethrone, Sleep's Holy Mountain and Kyuss' Sky Valley/ST

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm going to say it, but I think the debut is overrated. One of the most important albums ever released and also one of the best debuts, but I think it gets too much praise. It's a very good album and unique for the time but it fails in comparison to most of their albums. The title track is a masterpiece which I have to be in the mood for, nib is great too and reminds me of cream. I love bill wards drumming on the wizard and Tony's simple riff jumps out and bites you on the arse.

I can see what you're saying, but it's still my favourite. It's not as hard / heavy as what followed it, and it's got a lot of Blues Rock influence. Bill and Geezer make The Wizard (what a rhythm section they are!) for me, and Ozzy's harmonica! Why didn't he play the harmonica more often? He's very good.  

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

I can see what you're saying, but it's still my favourite. It's not as hard / heavy as what followed it, and it's got a lot of Blues Rock influence. Bill and Geezer make The Wizard (what a rhythm section they are!) for me, and Ozzy's harmonica! Why didn't he play the harmonica more often? He's very good.  

Very bluesy album but they offered something much different than what was doing the rounds at the time. One of the best rhythm sections going that was and you could say iommi could stand toe to toe with most guitarists. They did a lot of off the wall stuff which people dont see and nothing ever became boring with them. Ozzy was unique and was such an underrated vocalist.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dom_Wren said:

What a show at the MGM on Sat night, not a music critic or seen Sabbath before, but IMO, it was bloody ace. "Still got it" would be the phrase that comes to mind!!

Best band ever mate. And yes your right, they have still got it. We all know iommi and butler are masters of their instrument and the young lad behind drums kicks ass, although he don't swing like Bill ward, but how was Ozzy ? When he on form he's great but he is prone to off nights now and again. I f***** love this band.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

On 9/21/2016 at 12:46, Rugeley Villa said:

Best band ever mate. And yes your right, they have still got it. We all know iommi and butler are masters of their instrument and the young lad behind drums kicks ass, although he don't swing like Bill ward, but how was Ozzy ? When he on form he's great but he is prone to off nights now and again. I f***** love this band.

Sorry only just getting to this mate, been mental busy.

They were so tight musically, Ozzy was fine as long as he was holding on the to the mic stand!!

Â