black sabbath!

Rugeley Villa

The paranoid album is an absolute monster of an album. Aint listened to it for a bit but what an album, obviously everyone knows, war pigs, iron man and paranoid but hand of doom and fairies wear boots are two of my favourites. Like you said its so heavy.

Can't stand Ozzy solo stuff. Probably because they get played to death on classic rock radio. Mr Crowley and Crazy Train make me want to break things

Blizzard of oz, diary of a madman and no more tears are classic albums but if I'm honest the rest range from half decent to not so great. Love crazy train but although mr crowley is good I tend to skip it most of time.

Strangely, I've only just started to appreciate Sabbath. Been listening to 'Paranoid' album almost non-stop for the past couple of months. So heavy, stunning.

I absolutely cannot stand it, or anything remotely similar.  It's unlistenable shite to my ears I'm afraid.  Ozzy Osbourne's voice is terrible, like fingers down a blackboard.

I can understand why people do like it, but it's not for me.

Sorry.

• Like 2

Can't stand Ozzy solo stuff. Probably because they get played to death on classic rock radio. Mr Crowley and Crazy Train make me want to break things

Nor me.

I saw him at the Odeon on the first solo tour and thought he was pretty crap to be honest.

The first tour of the (then) 'new' Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio was superb though.

I appreciate that such a statement is outrageous if you are a Sabbath purist, but that was my take on it.

I recently purchased a Laney Klipp amp head. Built in Birmingham circa 1970, it's all original inside, with partridge transformers and original valves. It's the loudest amp I ever heard...from the days when amps needed to be loud!

It's more or less the same amp Sabbath used on the first couple of albums.

• Like 1

Yeah he's a required taste I must admit. I absolutely love the tone of his voice especialy on his sabbath and early solo albums. He wernt the greatest singer but he had a unique style of vocals. These days though he can't sing for shit most of time. So many classic sabbath songs got left out of their live shows because he could not or did not want to sing them. Take robert plant though, up until 1973 his voice live was amazing then he went terrible. He's a lot better now though as he don't have to reach those notes as he's kicked zep and rock music into touch

Always believed that Sabbath were where it all began. The Zep were possibly the biggest thing on the planet, for a long long time, but there was always a strange pretentiousness about them. Maybe its because they're like the 'bad lads on the street corner', but Sabbath always did and will have a better affinity with the metal heads among the masses.

Nor me.

I saw him at the Odeon on the first solo tour and thought he was pretty crap to be honest.

The first tour of the (then) 'new' Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio was superb though.

I appreciate that such a statement is outrageous if you are a Sabbath purist, but that was my take on it.

for me black sabbath was ozzy tony geezer and bill but dio come in as ozzy had lost interest and was messed up on drink and drugs and he gave the band a new and fresh direction. Heaven and hell and mob rules are both awesome albums. Great singer but just wernt my cup of tea. Then ian gillan joined the band and to be fair that was a step to far. You can't be singer of a band like deep purple then join a band like sabbath. Its like jimmy page joining the rolling stones, it should never had happend. Credit due though the album they done with gillan was good in my opinion but it should not have gone out as a sabbath album

Always believed that Sabbath were where it all began. The Zep were possibly the biggest thing on the planet, for a long long time, but there was always a strange pretentiousness about them. Maybe its because they're like the 'bad lads on the street corner', but Sabbath always did and will have a better affinity with the metal heads among the masses.

agree. Along with sabbath zep are my favourite band. I just relate to sabbath more, I wernt around in the 70s but from what I heard zep were absolutely huge especialy in the states.

Strangely, I've only just started to appreciate Sabbath. Been listening to 'Paranoid' album almost non-stop for the past couple of months. So heavy, stunning.

I absolutely cannot stand it, or anything remotely similar.  It's unlistenable shite to my ears I'm afraid.  Ozzy Osbourne's voice is terrible, like fingers down a blackboard.

I can understand why people do like it, but it's not for me.

Sorry.

I can definitely see why, especially if one cannot stand heavy/metal music or similar.

I've always liked modern bands who play relatively heavy stuff i.e Avenged Sevenfold but there is a class apart with that Paranoid album.

Â