black sabbath!

Rugeley Villa

Ever listen to Sleep Rugeley? The following has been oft described as the best Sabbath album Sabbath never wrote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My8T8vTYaZ8

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE THE DRAGON 'TWORD THE CRIMSON EY-EE~

and a cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WObfTCcaln0

• Like 2

Yeah I've got some stuff by Sleep. Not bad.

As for Ozzy, he doesn't like football that much...heard it from an interview with Geezer I think

Why don't they do a homecoming gig at Villa Park one day? Take That yes but not Sabbath? Would it be too loud for the locals?!

I've been saying this for years. It would be amazing. It has to be all of them though. No Bill, no Sabbath for me. 

Bill is a big part of their sound but by all accounts he was very out of shape. Love his style of drumming, he gives sabbath their swing

I was backstage (namedropper!) for their second Heaven and Hell tour at Bingley Hall Stafford, and Bill didn't even come out after the gig.

It seems that for him it wasn't Sabbath without Ozzy, and his heart just wasn't in it. I guess that the years of inactivity have seen the ability dwindle.

Yeah he struggled massively without ozzy. He had a huge drink and drug problem that never really got publicised like your ozzy and keith moons but he was very ill at times and was bed ridden. He's had 2 heart attacks I think and was really out of shape apparantly. I feel sorry for bill.

Always believed that Sabbath were where it all began. The Zep were possibly the biggest thing on the planet, for a long long time, but there was always a strange pretentiousness about them. Maybe its because they're like the 'bad lads on the street corner', but Sabbath always did and will have a better affinity with the metal heads among the masses.

For me, Led Zeppelin were kind of on the fringes of Heavy Metal, whereas Sabbath were true Metal pioneers. Early Zeppelin were also shameless thieves, which will always be a mark on their name.

I can't understand anyone could prefer Sabbath to Zeppelin on the basis of LZ having 'stolen' some of their sounds. At least they HAD influences to steal from - a very wide range of them. Blues, folk, soul, reggae, doo-wop, rockabilly, country, etc. as well as all the metal riffery. By comparison Sabbath were extremely one-dimensional. 

Edited by mjmooney

I can't understand anyone could prefer Sabbath to Zeppelin on the basis of LZ having 'stolen' some of their sounds. At least they HAD influences to steal from - a very wide range of them. Blues, folk, soul, reggae, doo-wop, rockabilly, country, etc. as well as all the metal riffery. By comparison Sabbath were extremely one-dimensional. 

I'm assuming you are referring to my post- In fact, I much prefer Zeppelin to Sabbath, always have, even if they did try to take credit for all those early tunes.  

Â