Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Am I right in thinking that Suarez hasn't scored against us yet? 

This season? No, last season, yes.

Did he score against us last season? Can't remember that. Then again, I've managed to forget most the games from last season. 

Edited by PieFacE

Would definately say this is not a must win game, we are more than capable of winning this game but I think a draw would be a good result against a better team with a world class striker, but we must go for the win and I have no doubt that's what we'll try and do,

A Win definitely isn't out of the question. If we keep our cool and show the same fight as we did in the QPR and Reading games (especially coming back after conceding first) then I think we can grab something, like we already did at Anfield. Realistically though, I'm thinking a draw, but let's hope we can shock them again!

Am I right in thinking that Suarez hasn't scored against us yet? 

This season? No, last season, yes.

Did he score against us last season? Can't remember that. Then again, I've managed to forget most the games from last season. 

He scored in the 1-1 draw at their place. Herd scored our goal that day.

Rodgers' teams don't like to be pressed, and Liverpool are quite fragile in the same way. If we work hard and press them, not giving them any time to settle at all, we could quite easily win this game and win it convincingly. 

This is why I think the crowd will be absolutely key. If we get behind the boys, create a massive noise and atmosphere, then we will prevail.

Apologies if someone has already mentioned this as I cannot be bothered to read 6 pages to look for it,

But Paul Lambert has played 3 won 3 against Brendan Rodgers teams in the premier league.

He clearly knows how to play against this particular style.

However being realistic Liverpool are, on their day, a fantastic team and much much better than villa.

Our strengths lie in attacking, we put 3 past qpr last time out and 3 against these last time we played them.

Game plan MUST be go for the jugular from minute one and just outscore them, because we won't contain them and suarez will murder our back 4.

2-2

Really excited for this game, would take a draw as Suarez and coutinho are both too good for our defence. However after yesterday's results a win would be more than welcome. I will be watching in o reillys Irish bar in Bangkok as recommended by blunther earlier in this thread (cheers for that pal watched the blunderland game there yesterday, nice bar) if on the off chance any Bangkok based VTers are in the area, I'll be the (most likely sweaty) English boy in a support stan tshirt.

Rodgers' teams don't like to be pressed, and Liverpool are quite fragile in the same way. If we work hard and press them, not giving them any time to settle at all, we could quite easily win this game and win it convincingly. 

This is why I think the crowd will be absolutely key. If we get behind the boys, create a massive noise and atmosphere, then we will prevail.

Replacing the words Rodgers, liverpool and we with the words lambert, villa and they sounds more plausible!

Edited by sutherland