San Marino v England Montenegro v England WC qualifiers

andykeenan

Appointing Hodgson was such a big mistake.

I'm glad Redknapp didn't get the gig because I'd have to give up England games for a few years.

I didn't want Redknapp to get it either.

Hodgson bores the piss out of me but there are no other realistic English choices.

Isnt that the problem for the media though. Hire an English guy and they say he is tactically clueless, hire a foreign guy and he has no heart for the job.

FA cant really win. For his knowledge of international game Roy was the right choice and hasnt been helped by Terry retiring and Ferdinand having a media agenda

And therein lies the problem - the thinking that we had to have an English manager.

The best English players play for England.

The best English manager should manage England.

And that man is Harry Redknapp.

Roy Hodgson is way too negative and defensive.

Edited by TRS-T

that the best english manager that is actually further behind safety than when he joined QPR after spending a lot of money  :D

Hodgson CV is a million times better than Arry 1 trophy

Everyone nailed redknapp last week at VP, everyone on here calling him this that and the other.

Yet when it comes to England the guys a saint and people like the chap who just posted are desperate to get him in?

Do me a favour.

And therein lies the problem - the thinking that we had to have an English manager.

The best English players play for England.

The best English manager should manage England.

And that man is Harry Redknapp.

Roy Hodgson is way too negative and defensive.

Not this again.

I think Harry would probably do a reasonable job for England. But then again, everybody thought the same about Keegan, and look how that turned out.

But I think the manager is not really the problem, the main issue is that our players are not really good enough. We're probably performing at about the right level for the talent we have.

I think Harry would probably do a reasonable job for England. But then again, everybody thought the same about Keegan, and look how that turned out.

But I think the manager is not really the problem, the main issue is that our players are not really good enough. We're probably performing at about the right level for the talent we have.

Redknapp would probably think he could go and sign Ronaldo and Messi and not understand why he's not allowed. We'd be seeing Defoe and Crouch up front as well!

England are a QF team in my opinion. Getting to the QFs is a good tournement for us, it means we're between 5th and 8th and there's no shame in that. Problem is in this country it seems like the average fan expects us to beat basically everyone and anything but bringing the trophy home is failure. They're real people, banging on about winning the World Cup and branding them favourites isn't going to help, they aren't going to be able to deal with that pressure.

Edited by kurtsimonw

It's not really important who the England manager is at the moment.  We don't have good enough players, and I think the best case scenario is that we are stuck like this for another ten years until St Georges Park begins to deliver decent numbers of truly talented footballers.  

The players aren't there. A different manager may get more out of what there is, but ultimately this England squad is pretty poor.

Agreed.

And England have always had (in recent memory) a special player or two, relatively speaking. A Beckham or an Owen or a Rooney (Euro 2004 version) or a Shearer who could change a game even if the rets of the team were poor.

I can't think of anyone in the current squad like that.

Â