Favourite airlines

Xela

I have flown there with Emirates before which was outstanding but the four listed get there a lot quicker and cheaper.

Alternatively I can go direct with BA which will save about 3 hours each way but cost £130 more.

personally I'd take the direct option ... you wont have to worry about transfers then and delays

when I went to Taiwan I landed in Honkers with 20 mins to spare for my connecting flight .. I made it but my luggage didn't get to me until the following day

and of course I recently missed my connecting flight to Iran from Istanbul after my LHR to IST turned back due to mechanical failure so even with a scheduled 6 hour connection time in Istanbul we missed the flight and 1 day of our trip as a result ( though tbf on that one there wasn't a direct flight so i had no option  and the mechanical fault was just bad luck ..)

Where exactly are you looking to fly to Wainy?

Flying to Seoul.

Yeah Tony, that is our worry with the flights that have connections. Nothing worse than being stranded in an airport for hours due to delays. Could do with the extra money for spends though but wondering if it's worth the risk?

Could you vouch for any of the airlines I listed in terms of service etc?

Flying to Seoul.

Yeah Tony, that is our worry with the flights that have connections. Nothing worse than being stranded in an airport for hours due to delays. Could do with the extra money for spends though but wondering if it's worth the risk?

KLM were quite decent their website is quite good for booking an exact seat

They sold an economy plus type ticket for about £80 extra when I went to Beijing , basically extra leg room and probably worth it on long hall ...on the way back they upgraded me to business foc :)

Lufthansa were fine no problems whenever I've flown with them but I haven't flown them in the last 6 or 7 years so don't know how good they are currently ( I'd imagine good though )

Swiss I've never flown with

Check Finnair out I used them for China once and they were a lot cheaper than the others , don't know if they fly to Seoul though ?

Flying to Seoul.

I suggest Asiana in that case. They were excellent when I flew to The Philippines with them. Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Flew to Brazil and back with BA and I was very happy.  Managed to get premium economy which obviously helped.    We also had to come back a day early because my grandad was very ill in hospital.  BA were great and managed to get us on a flight straightaway without any questions.  Also kept our premium economy seats which was a result.  Very happy with the service.

Flew to Brazil and back with BA and I was very happy. Managed to get premium economy which obviously helped. We also had to come back a day early because my grandad was very ill in hospital. BA were great and managed to get us on a flight straightaway without any questions. Also kept our premium economy seats which was a result. Very happy with the service.

And I'm very happy with the avios points that you put on my account

Cheers :)

Look forward to reading a write up of your trip

Get to fly BA first (CLT) JFK-LHR-IAD (CLT) next week.

Ohh send me you booking ref and I'll get some Avios ( unless you are on a freebie ) you'll still get yours it's just I have a business account and they give me bonus Airmiles on top

Get to fly BA first (CLT) JFK-LHR-IAD (CLT) next week.

Ohh send me you booking ref and I'll get some Avios ( unless you are on a freebie ) you'll still get yours it's just I have a business account and they give me bonus Airmiles on top

booked with us airways miles, so I don't get any miles, if you do, just pm me and I will send you my ref #

Anyone had the pleasure / displeasure of flying with Garuda Indonesia? They have flight to Bali next year for £200 cheaper than most other airlines, and very decent flight times with a short layover in Jakarta on both legs of the journey. Reviews on the airline seem mixed, so wondered if any of you guys had used them? Cheers!

Anyone had the pleasure / displeasure of flying with Garuda Indonesia? They have flight to Bali next year for £200 cheaper than most other airlines, and very decent flight times with a short layover in Jakarta on both legs of the journey. Reviews on the airline seem mixed, so wondered if any of you guys had used them? Cheers!

I flew them the other year but only a short haul flight

The didn't kill me or lose my luggage so I classify that as a success :)

Went with Singapore Airlines flying back over here this time, the service was excellent even in the cheap seats. Food was quality, entertainment offerings were massive, they randomly handed out free packs of cards and teddy bears for kids at the end. I bet it's proper plush up front. Definite executive decision. 

Went with Singapore Airlines flying back over here this time, the service was excellent even in the cheap seats. Food was quality, entertainment offerings were massive, they randomly handed out free packs of cards and teddy bears for kids at the end. I bet it's proper plush up front. Definite executive decision. 

SAL in business class is fantastic :)

Flew back from Milan to Vancouver via Frankfurt with Lufthansa last week.  I've missed flying with Lufthansa...

Luftwaffe - grey leather seats. Very Germanic, but good.

Any opinions on Delta or have you flown in the US on a Virgin flight operated by Delta?

Really good. Friendly staff, extensive range of entertainment and good legroom for no extra cost if you're lucky :-)

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Â