Favourite airlines

Xela

Thanks for comments , my first time on a jumbo i've heard there a lot noisier than your usual planes ?

My last few flights have all been with Ryanair so i'm sort of expecting Virgin to feel like im in a Rolls Royce lol .

dont expect any fanfares when you land :-) that is one of the any things that pees me off with Ryan claiming to be on time of course they are when you add extra time on to the expected journey

Re budget airlines did a jet2 and a thompsons recently and was actually pleasantly surprised re the fabric of the planes , both seemingly had upgrades. They could both teach some of the scheduled ones a thing or two. Other scheduled cheapy last couple of weeks was aer lingus again very efficient clean and well run

Saw a BA  A380 taking off over Windsor on Sat whilst i was in Windsor Great park with the boy  ... presume they will replace a few jumbo's in the long run ..

BA's booking system is pretty ace now  ... when you book a ticket for anyone travelling with you it adds them  friends and family and stores all their details for the next time  .. and you can use Avios for anyone you book for now not just Household account members

just booked a flight to Istanbul for my mate and I on the way to Iran  .. £60 discount for 9000 Avios and when It came to entering his details as I've flown with him before it was all there on a pull down list, exec card and all ....  and my payment card info all stored on-line as well so didn't even have to open my wallet (just like a Sat night out :) )

Oh and I started a corporate account which means I get individual Avios and company Avios when I fly with them now   ... Booked Mrs H and the children to Hungary in the summer using the corporate ones so still got my stash intact :)  ( well it was intact but I've just Avios'd my flight to Baku :) )

Very nice Tony, but KLM/Air France have had all of this for ages ;)

• Like 1

Oh and I started a corporate account which means I get individual Avios and company Avios when I fly with them now   ... Booked Mrs H and the children to Hungary in the summer using the corporate ones so still got my stash intact :)  ( well it was intact but I've just Avios'd my flight to Baku :) )

Of course, you could have saved your Avios points and flown Wizz to Budapest for less than £100 return, with you carrying on to Baku for another £100 quid!

Good airline Wizz, and they seem to go everywhere nowadays!

Oh and I started a corporate account which means I get individual Avios and company Avios when I fly with them now ... Booked Mrs H and the children to Hungary in the summer using the corporate ones so still got my stash intact :) ( well it was intact but I've just Avios'd my flight to Baku :) )

Of course, you could have saved your Avios points and flown Wizz to Budapest for less than £100 return, with you carrying on to Baku for another £100 quid!

Wizz is Luton (1 hr from me ) and spank you for luggage and check in

BA is Heathrow about 15 mins from my home and all in fee :)

Saudi Airlines was surprisingly good.  Good leg room and entertainment system.  Food was very good as well. 

When I flew them the one thing I remember was the way that women's arms were pixalated out on the entertainments system films 

I didnt watch anything on the way there as I didnt really want it to interfere with Umrah.  However, on the way back I watched the Matrix and it was hilarious.  Classic dub overs included 'jeepers creepers' 'holy hades' and 'shucks'.

Think I'll be travelling with Qatar Airways when I head to Thailand in July.

Anyone got any experience with them? They seem pretty highly rated.

you could always read the thread where I posted my experience with them :P

I wasn't overly impressed with them , a better experience than flying beardy airlines for sure , but still not one of the better airlines imo ... when you fly Emirates the seem to be keen on equality , Qatar seem to treat westerners just that slight bit less than they treat the Arab passengers  .. I flew Doha to Kuwait and also Kathmandu to LHR with them and it was noticeable on all the flights , subtle but noticeable

they could well be in the new airport by July so when you changed planes it could be pretty decent ...

Edited by tonyh29

I've flown with them a few times. I'd say they're my favourite airline. My own experience of them puts them above Asiana, Cathay Pacific & Singapore Airlines (who are the other five star airlines that I've flown with). They're a very solid choice IMO for a long haul flight.

I've flown with them a few times. I'd say they're my favourite airline. My own experience of them puts them above Asiana, Cathay Pacific & Singapore Airlines (who are the other five star airlines that I've flown with). They're a very solid choice IMO for a long haul flight.

Interestingly they get very good ratings from a lot of our employees who use them regularly.

Had to smile (and be sad at the same time) how badly thought of BA are now within the business community especially.

Interestingly they get very good ratings from a lot of our employees who use them regularly.

Had to smile (and be sad at the same time) how badly thought of BA are now within the business community especially.

Talking to an associate today who is flying to Boston with BA on Sunday. He has only paid £1800 return business class, which is about the lowest BC fare over the Atlantic that I have heard from them.

Fares generally seem to be on the up. I have a couple of trips to Toronto and Miami planned, and even economy is over £800.

It's all about opinions and experiences of course ... Doesn't Trees rate Air Frog as his favourite ??

Personally I wouldn't have half those airlines in my top 20 and Im surprised to see Qantas so high tbh...Asiania were pretty much meh as well

Air Malaysia I flew their a-380 bus class to KL and it was about an hour after take off before I got a drink , my first and second choice of meal wasn't available ... Flight crew were very much meh

BA I'm on about my third beer before we've even got the seat belt lights off .. Thing with BA is on some routes they are very good and on other routes they are a bit meh ... Get the matron type on the old contracts and they are very good , get the new Iberia contract people and they tend to be a little dis-interested ... Get their Vegas route and you get the young pretty blondes as they all volunteer the route so they can have a party night or 2 before they come home :)

Virgin Australia I mentioned previously in this thread and I was impressed with

Lufthansa I thought were disappointing but again It's been a few years since I've flown them

Emirates and Singapore I agree with, id still have Emirates as my number 1 choice but I think someone else mentioned them and said they were disappointed by them

Saw a BA A380 taking off over Windsor on Sat whilst i was in Windsor Great park with the boy ... presume they will replace a few jumbo's in the long run ..

BA's booking system is pretty ace now ... when you book a ticket for anyone travelling with you it adds them friends and family and stores all their details for the next time .. and you can use Avios for anyone you book for now not just Household account members

just booked a flight to Istanbul for my mate and I on the way to Iran .. £60 discount for 9000 Avios and when It came to entering his details as I've flown with him before it was all there on a pull down list, exec card and all .... and my payment card info all stored on-line as well so didn't even have to open my wallet (just like a Sat night out :) )

Oh and I started a corporate account which means I get individual Avios and company Avios when I fly with them now ... Booked Mrs H and the children to Hungary in the summer using the corporate ones so still got my stash intact :) ( well it was intact but I've just Avios'd my flight to Baku :) )

Very nice Tony, but KLM/Air France have had all of this for ages ;)

Meh

But BA's website isn't in French :P

I've flown them on lads weekends and I like the outfit the trolly Totty wear

There was talk of them becoming the flag carrier for Hungary ... Very fishy as the transport minister of Hungary who basically refused to allot funds to bail out Malev happens to be a major stake holder in wizz air

Tony most of your flights I would suspect are leisure? People who vote or who are eligible to vote in those things are (like me) mainly business travellers and for me there is a big difference in what you need and what you should expect .

Tony most of your flights I would suspect are leisure? People who vote or who are eligible to vote in those things are (like me) mainly business travellers and for me there is a big difference in what you need and what you should expect .

Yes I pay to fly business whilst you lot don't so my comments carry more weight :P

But apart from a few perks to fiddle onto expenses and a guilt product out the duty free catalogue  , What exactly does a business man need on a flight that anyone else does ?

Sorry , just don't see your point

Edit:

Went on short haul a business trip with BA the other week , 7:00am flight , left my house at 6:00 , parked up in Terminal 5 at 6:20  ..got the pod to the terminal , fast track through passport control , into the lounge for a quick bacon butty and cup of coffee and on the plane and away at 7:00  (I can pretty much do that with any short haul BA flight (T5 , wouldn't risk it at the other terminals ) where I'm only on hand luggage , yeah it's fool hardy to get it so tight like that , but so far so good)

Edited by tonyh29

This weekend I'm on a ba jumbo down to joburg but flight back is on one of their 380s . Have to use ba cos of company travel rules before anyone asks why I on London airways :-) . Let's hope the ba pilot knows his way around joburg taxi way :-)

be interested to see what you think ... from the write up I read BA have gone for economy and business mix on both decks , where as the ones I've flown with Malaysia and Emirates keep the top deck economy free ... not sure it matters too much it just seemed interesting that BA went for that config

Â