• Westwood
    • Delph
    • Benteke
    • Bowery
    • Weimann
    • Bent (for Bowery 63)
    • Dawkins (for Weimann 64)
    • Sylla (for N'Zogbia 85)

Finally! The last 10 minutes+ made my pulse go wild. The final whistle was almost like the ones when we beat everton 3-2 away and when we beat sha 1-0 at home when Milner scored from the spot.

Delph motm for me, but Guzan could've got it as well. And Clark, Baker and Zog weren't far behind either. Shame we have to play away to arsenal and at home to citeh next.

We have played far better this season for bugger all result so we'll take the shaky win and Allardyce can do one.

My main concern though is what happens to us in the first 15 minutes after half time, pretty much every week. We go from playing possession football to hoofing it to Benteke and invariably end up giving the ball away and having to sit back and defend, putting us under pressure, conceding corners etc.

• Like 1

Nice to have a bit of luck in a game, although ironically their goal was one of the flukiest we've conceded!!

Guzan, Delph and N'Zogbia shone for me, the rest looked good, I don't think anyone had a particularly bad game although Westwood did struggle slightly and Weimann wasn't at his best, although I think he may be carrying an injury.

Bowery did ok for me, bit out of position, it was apparent the wing wasn't his natural place but I think he looks strong and powerful, impressive for the near future definitely.

Was an interesting formation, a 4-2-4 really for me and it's interesting to see us play as wide as we did, which we've missed in past games, without a real winger on the pitch, I don't see N'Zogbia as a winger (I know he wasn't played like one today) at all, in fact I think he actually dislikes being played on the wing and feels confined. It seems if he's given freedom a sense of responsibility and enthusiasm develops and he certainly moves the opposition about and makes them think.

Well done to the players, hope we can carry this on now. 

Edited by 8pints

I dont think hes cut out for it. Every player matures differently.. but Benteke and Bowery are close in age and there is a monumental gap in quality between the two. Bowery would be good if we fell to the championship though.

well that win makes the Everton point a good one in the end. We all would have taken 4pts from those 2 though 6 would have been nice.

Relief to have a break now, and get Gabby back for the Arsenal game. Just cant see how they wont open us up time n time again like Chelsea did though. Its a heavy loss on paper, gonna have to play out our skins to nick a point me thinks

Great result. But I thought we were awful. Really awful. West Ham were just as bad thankfully but we won't survive playing like that. The distribution from midfield to attack was as bad as it gets really. Defence were pretty solid, however West Ham bar the first 10/15 of 2nd half and last 5 mins offered zero.

Ray Wilkins pretty much summed it up for me: For two premiership teams it was nowhere near good enough.

We've played a lot better than this and didn't earn a result, but we made it happen (or didn't happen in Guzan's case) when it counted. One was bound to go our way eventually.

3 points is 3 points.

Edited by Kwan

Â