• Westwood
    • Delph
    • Benteke
    • Bowery
    • Weimann
    • Bent (for Bowery 63)
    • Dawkins (for Weimann 64)
    • Sylla (for N'Zogbia 85)

almost threw it away in typical villa fashion, but, a win is a win, and 3 points are better than 1, strange nzogbia was took off mind after scoring, this club certainly knows how to confidence knock a player

I think N'Zogbia was slightly injured, as he was limping when he came off.

I thought Bowery did ok, played out wide in Agbonlahors position, and put a shift in. Lambert probably wanted a player who can go wide rather than Bent through the middle to exploit West Hams back three, and wingbacks.

Guzan or Clark could take MOTM for me. Guzan coming out for crosses give me more confidence than Given fixed to his line, especially against a Sam Allardyce team.

Clark did well also, even with his handball towards the end, he was booked, but I think showed a bit of experience in stopping the through ball and taking the booking. 

I thought Delph was our best player today.

Clark obviously got a bit of confidence from his International game midweek. 

Dawkins looked not too bad either. 

Bowery was the weakest link...need Gabby back vs Arsenal!!

We need to approach each match with a winning mental attitude.  The players should be looking for 3 points at Emirates!!

C'MON VILLA!! UTV!

I had to watch that game on a 15-minute delay and run to the computer to check the final score after that penalty. And even knowing the final score I nearly shat my pants in the last 2 minutes!!!

I gave my man of the match to Guzan, simply for the final five minutes.

Delph was influential in the first half and looks to have turned a corner and deserved some credit for the efforts he is putting in. Still a little rough quality-wise but he really plays his heart out.

Benteke was off the boil a bit today and after Weimann missed an open goal I thought we were in for a bit of strife but we had a bit of good fortune go our way for a change and I'm not going to complain about anything.

Interesting to not the mixed opinions about Dawkins. I thought considering it was his first Premier League match he was quite effective. Sure he misplaced a few passes but he made good positions, made himself available for the ball and looked to create things. In the long run I think he will be a better option and far less of a liability than Holman. And I don't think he dived. Reid caught him with his foot and took him off balance. Not a penalty but not a dive either.

Huge win. Means the team control their own destiny. Clark has gotten alot criticism (much of it deserved) but played very well today. NZog was the driving force of the attack, really hope the injury isn't bad. Dawkins looked a little lost at times, but that is to be expected only being with the team for over a week. 

3 points, from one game? most welcomed.

I think Dawkins could be a good player, he looked quite composed considering it was his first game coming on in such an important game.

Bowery worked hard, and that is why i think he was pretty good, he got back to defend too.

N'Zog is rapidly approaching his Wigan form.

Baker put himself everywhere and was my MOTM, insane at LB.

Dawkins looks pretty good so far, IF Zog is injured, then i would start Dawkins!!!!!!!!!!

VERY HAPPY! :D :D :D :D :D

Such a vital win. hopefully team will take some confidence from that.

We were pretty hopeless in attack for large parts of the game, lacked ideas in final third, but solid defensively, which is more important given the problems we've had. Don't think West Ham offered a lot mind. You look at them only 6 pts ahead of us & they could get dragged into it yet if that's a typical performance for them.

gave Delph MOTM, he gives us a lot more energy in midfield. Gabby for Bowery and I think that's our strongest team now.

So relieved at the final whistle. I just hope that instills some confidence and we can take that forward. It was always going to be a defensive test and one I thought we looked ok with. Everyone was feeling the nerves at 2-1 but that's natural, especially given our recent form.

Got to stick with Baker at LB. IMO, Bowery did ok although I can understand why people aren't bigging him up. Not enough time for Dawkins to make a real impact, although what he did do was all positive in terms of taking it to them.

Zoggy and Guzan were awesome.

Still plenty to do, but to be outside the relegation zone with everyone having played equal games is a good thing, especially with the upcoming games.

UTV

So relieved at the final whistle. I just hope that instills some confidence and we can take that forward. It was always going to be a defensive test and one I thought we looked ok with. Everyone was feeling the nerves at 2-1 but that's natural, especially given our recent form.

Got to stick with Baker at LB. IMO, Bowery did ok although I can understand why people aren't bigging him up. Not enough time for Dawkins to make a real impact, although what he did do was all positive in terms of taking it to them.

Zoggy and Guzan were awesome.

Still plenty to do, but to be outside the relegation zone with everyone having played equal games is a good thing, especially with the upcoming games.

UTV

Â