Stiff Upper Lip

withes_shin

Should the worst happen and we get relegated this season I really hope there are no photos/videos of Villa fans crying at the end of the game.  There is nothing more cringeworthy than seeing a supporter draped in their clubs colours crying at relegation.

Lets hope the team show some balls and make sure they are not relegated, if they can't show any balls the we'll have to - stand defiant please for gods sake DO NOT cry

Should the worst happen and we get relegated this season I really hope there are no photos/videos of Villa fans crying at the end of the game.  There is nothing more cringeworthy than seeing a supporter draped in their clubs colours crying at relegation.

Lets hope the team show some balls and make sure they are not relegated, if they can't show any balls the we'll have to - stand defiant please for gods sake DO NOT cry

I cannot imagine that anyone will be crying to be fair. Although, loads of opposing fans might be pissing themselves laughing at us if they get to play us and we're already down!

Having said that, I do think that, if the worst should happen, we all take it on the chin and show the Premier League what it's going to be missing. I think the fans should be more vocal than ever, especially in our last home game where a packed Villa Park singing "We'll Meet Again" at the top our voices would show the rest of 'em that we may be down but we are not planning on being gone for too long! :flag:

To add to that, I would hope that the Villa faithful turn out in their numbers with a massive show of Claret & Blue. Flags, banners, balloons, scraves waving above their heads whislt belting out the above would be one final awesome sight that may send us off in the right frame of mind for a fight next season!

Edited by villarocker

There's nothing wrong with crying and doctors have argued it's actually good for our health to do so when we feel strong emotions - it's bad to bottle it up!

It's my club and I'll cry if I want to.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Sorry, I've already thought about this and there's no way I will be able to stop myself - I nearly cried at the Everton game !  Maybe I will have to try taking some Rescue Remedy before the game!

What bullshit thing to say. Some people are far more connected to the club that others and there can be various reasons why a person might feel very strong emotions about the club being relegated. Let people deal with it how they want.

I don't mind fans crying if we are relegated as long as they aren't sat next to me. I won't know what to do tbh, you can try and console someone if they have lost a loved one or something but i won't be able to say "it's alright, we'll get promoted next season" to someone without feeling ridiculous.

Having said that i will either sit there miserable all game and cry myself OR i will thoroughly enjoy the whole match and make my throat sore in the opening 20 minutes. I am really hoping for a good atmosphere

I have thought about this too. I am going to go to the Wigan game in fancy dress ofc. As a clown with a really big smiley face. And clowns never cry iirc.

Problem is, could we be relegated before then? Easy! I will dress as a clown to every one of the last four games, en't it?

I was thinking about something connected to this topic today.

I don't see an issue with crying in the moment. It's a natural human response to feel pain or joy over something you clearly hold dear. What does confuse me is hearing stories of adults allowing it to have an effect on their entire lives. It makes absolutely no sense to me. Sure, rejoice over the victories and feel anguish over the defeats, but being bad company for your loved ones for an entire weekend or longer because of a score?

I mean that's just mental, man up and grow up.  

• Like 1

Maybe we can have the ground sectioned off.

People who want to cry all in one section of the ground and people who are really hard in another section.

Stewards could be on hand with screwed up sheets of bog roll to mop away streams of tears from the crying contingent while another group of stewards could mop up the male hormones dripping out of the hard guys by the bucket load.

There, everyone will be happy!

Â