The Randy Lerner thread

CI

No doubt there will be much celebration on here if we are sold but for every sugar daddy there is a Tan, Venky's, Yeung or Lerner. We should be cautious until we get an idea of what a new owner is like.

Fixed for you.

That's just posting for effect. If you think Lerner is as bad as them 3 (particularly Venky's and Yeung) then I despair.

• Like 3

No doubt there will be much celebration on here if we are sold but for every sugar daddy there is a Tan, Venky's, Yeung or Lerner. We should be cautious until we get an idea of what a new owner is like.

Fixed for you.

Randy is a decent bloke with good intentions, but is now floundering out of his depth in a crazy mega priced Premiership. He doesn't deserve to be lumped in these clowns.

He might be a decent bloke, but he has been in charge of many mistakes, throwing money is not a plan, he has hired some poor managers, he has forced the current manager to build a squad with 40m, his tenure has been a disaster. It does not matter how nice he is, the bloke is a terrible chairman.

We were a couple of results away from relegation the last two years and McLeish was the kind of decision those other owners would have been laughed at for.

Yes he's not a criminal and he's not changing the colours of the shirt but his decision making and ownership is damaging the club.

He has **** up the club, but we don't mind, he is a nice bloke and did it with the best intentions. :D

Amazing isn't it. Why did heskey get so much stick?

Yeah, he was a good bloke who played with the best of intentions..!

This is a man who hired McLeish.

Wait! What? Are you saying Lerner hired McLeish as manager? I can't believe you didn't mention it sooner!
I apologise but it needs to be reminded every time someone tells us about his good intentions.
And let me guess, we're supposed to ignore the fact that's he's pumped millions into Villa since he arrived? Those weren't signals of good intentions? Irrespective of the fact that he's a billionaire. Him being an owner doesn't mean his money is our money.
He put the money into a business he owns in the form of loans. I also have no doubt that when he sells he won't be too far out of pocket.

Wow, John! Hundreds and hundreds of pages in and you've written that. You really don't pay attention do you?

This is a man who hired McLeish.

Wait! What? Are you saying Lerner hired McLeish as manager? I can't believe you didn't mention it sooner!
I apologise but it needs to be reminded every time someone tells us about his good intentions.
And let me guess, we're supposed to ignore the fact that's he's pumped millions into Villa since he arrived? Those weren't signals of good intentions? Irrespective of the fact that he's a billionaire. Him being an owner doesn't mean his money is our money.
He put the money into a business he owns in the form of loans. I also have no doubt that when he sells he won't be too far out of pocket.
Wow, John! Hundreds and hundreds of pages in and you've written that. You really don't pay attention do you?

So he didn't put money in the form of loans into the club?

It's hilarious that you would even put lerner in with the likes of yeung ffs and everyone but you two can see it, nobody here thinks lerner has done an absolutely amazing job but the few posts above this are nothing short of embarrassing.

Haha get your scarf out.

He's clearly not as bad as yeung. But he's been awful and is currently damaging the club and effecting our long term future. I think he's the sort of owner you'd be cautious of getting.

It's hilarious that you would even put lerner in with the likes of yeung ffs and everyone but you two can see it, nobody here thinks lerner has done an absolutely amazing job but the few posts above this are nothing short of embarrassing.

Exactly. This black and white thinking is getting pretty **** annoying now. It's impossible to even defend Lerner from ridiculous accusations just a little bit without being accused of loving him.

Edited by Mantis

Black and white thinking is my new favourite phrase. It basically translates to I haven't got a decent argument to make.

There's little room for decent arguments when anything you say will just countered with things that were never said or accusations that I love Lerner.

It would be nice if people could just accept that there's a middle ground instead of accusing anyone that isn't 100% anti-Lerner that they love him and don't think he's done anything wrong.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

Randy bought AVFC in 2006. From 2007 onwards the credit crunch decimated the(banking) investments of people like Lerner. I agree that his inexperience meant that he got a poor return on his considerable investment in Mon's squad, and that subsequent managerial appointments were poor again due to his inexperience. However, while he may have failed to deliver on his 2006 promises, it still doesn't alter the fact that he tried his best. He will sell AVFC and he will be out of pocket, but at least for some time he had a real go.

Randy bought AVFC in 2006. From 2007 onwards the credit crunch decimated the(banking) investments of people like Lerner. I agree that his inexperience meant that he got a poor return on his considerable investment in Mon's squad, and that subsequent managerial appointments were poor again due to his inexperience. However, while he may have failed to deliver on his 2006 promises, it still doesn't alter the fact that he tried his best. He will sell AVFC and he will be out of pocket, but at least for some time he had a real go.

If he came in and didn't think of all the possibilities that could happen when he put together his "plan" then he is even stupider than I thought.

Â