The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Things to note:

We have a really good first team (the second half team (minus one or two).

We do not have enough quality players as back-up (shown in the cup defeat to Spurs and the first half tonight). When we are forced to rely on second choices we are awful.

Conclusion:

Investment needed.

I was speaking to someone at AVFC today who is definitely ITK!

Whilst chatting to this person about our mediocrity over the last 2/3 seasons they said and I quote verbatim:

"Yes it's been very tough. Watch this space, there are going to be some very exciting things happening over the next 12-18 months"

Obviously my ears pricked up and I asked what exactly would be happening but the person wouldn't be specific so I ask several questions:

Is Randy selling up - not to my knowledge.

Something to do with the ground - maybe.

Another investor - maybe.

A major sponsor - can't say.

I pushed harder for answers but that's all I could get.

Don't shoot the messenger or ask me who I spoke to - I hear things from time to time, but usually take little notice.

However this time I am very confident there is something major afoot.

I just don't know what.

Whilst chatting to this person about our mediocrity over the last 2/3 seasons they said and I quote verbatim:

"Yes it's been very tough. Watch this space, there are going to be some very exciting things happening over the next 12-18 months"

Obviously my ears pricked up and I asked what exactly would be happening but the person wouldn't be specific so I ask several questions:

Don't shoot the messenger or ask me who I spoke to - I hear things from time to time, but usually take little notice.

I just don't know what.

Hope to God it isn't that rumoured Red Bull takeover.

I just don't know what.

Hope to God it isn't that rumoured Red Bull takeover.

Red Bull looking at Leeds United from reports today

Sounds promising

Sounds like the usual ITK nonsense to me.  Vague enough that there's nothing that can really be contradicted, but just interesting enough to get people noticing.  The club have been dripping stuff like this out for years.

• Like 1

The only way we will get major investment is if Randy sells. I really don't see a guy who hasn't been seen at Villa Park in over a year - gave us beans in Jan to fight of relegation, suddenly jumping out of his seat and saying 'there you go Paul - have £60m for players' - it doesn't make any sense.

I actually think one of the obstacles in the way of a sale is that Randy just can't be bothered to even sell us- its not only money he doesn't invest.... its time and effort. 

Sounds promising

Yep, just imagine.

We could have Christian Horner as a manager. With an exotically foreign sounding name like that he would meet the must have a foreign manager criteria, no one would even realise that he is English!

Alternatively we could have the much vaunted AVB, to complete his hat-trick of abject failures.

Mind you, even AVB serves up football more entertaining than we had to endure yesterday.

Sounds promising

Yep, just imagine.

We could have Christian Horner as a manager. With an exotically foreign sounding name like that he would meet the must have a foreign manager criteria, no one would even realise that he is English!

Alternatively we could have the much vaunted AVB, to complete his hat-trick of abject failures.

Mind you, even AVB serves up football more entertaining than we had to endure yesterday.

Of course, it is always going to be worse, nobody will ever be as good as the greatest chairman ever. Sir Randy "build it up and knock it down" Lerner.

Amen.

Sounds promising

Yep, just imagine.

Of course, it is always going to be worse, nobody will ever be as good as the greatest chairman ever. Sir Randy "build it up and knock it down" Lerner.

Amen.

You think that Lerner is the greatest chairman ever? Strange, I wouldn't have even put his most ardent supporters as thinking that.

Better than Ellis, yes. Greatest ever? Certainly not.

Sounds promising

Yep, just imagine.

Amen.

You think that Lerner is the greatest chairman ever? Strange, I wouldn't have even put his most ardent supporters as thinking that.

Better than Ellis, yes. Greatest ever? Certainly not.

Being better than Ellis is not exactly a massive achievement. 

Â