The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Who would buy a club not knowing what league it will be in next season?

No chance we have sold the club without anyone hearing anything. Nor would anyone even consider buying until they new what it was they were buying. 

Edited by LondonLax

That sissoko has single handingly given Newcastle 6 points an assist against us and scores against a quality side yesterday

And Randolph wouldn't authorise the 3.5m to get him

That could have been the difference to staying up

Randolph your a complete idiot

I've heard similar stuff but not about threading cars. As I posted a couple of weeks ago, senior staff have been in to see Faulkner to express their concerns.

The club is in a very bad way just now.

That sissoko has single handingly given Newcastle 6 points an assist against us and scores against a quality side yesterday

And Randolph wouldn't authorise the 3.5m to get him

That could have been the difference to staying up

Randolph your a complete idiot

I'm pretty confident he would have authorised 3.5m. But, quite sensibly, he wouldn't authorise 70k a week in wages. 

I've heard similar stuff but not about threading cars. As I posted a couple of weeks ago, senior staff have been in to see Faulkner to express their concerns.

Is "Vila4Life'82'InMyBloodBludInnit" a senior staff member at Villa?

Do you've heard he's depressed about his divorce and that he wants to put slot machines around the concourse?

Ok.

Thanks for that.

What kind of mug keeps throwing over £100 a week out of there hard earned cash away so lerner and co can keep taking the piss out of our own fans...

Lerner and Faulkner (aka dumb and dumber) are an utter disgrace to this football club, An utter shambolic embarrassment!

Quite Simpley they are a pathetic excuse of a man!..

Edited by sutherland

Do you've heard he's depressed about his divorce and that he wants to put slot machines around the concourse?

Ok.

Thanks for that.

Not sure about that but I do know senior figures have been to see Faulkner to express concerns.

I'm pretty confident he would have authorised 3.5m. But, quite sensibly, he wouldn't authorise 70k a week in wages. 

thats because ireland is on £60k,dunne is taking £50k,bent £?k, petrov (sick) £50k..best part of £200k a week that does not feature 

I feel sorry for any sports club he decides to get involved with next.

The guy is a complete failure.

Sensible to not provide the manager with the best chance of keeping the club in the premier league?

Thats sensible?

70k a week is PL wages.

We are in the PL.

He wants to be a PL team on League 1 wages.

FFS, if he is that hard up for $$ why does'ent he buy players from Samoa or Fiji ? I am sure he could buy players there for 15 pound and a sack of potatoes.

70k a week is PL wages.

We are in the PL.

FFS, if he is that hard up for $$ why does'ent he buy players from Samoa or Fiji ? I am sure he could buy players there for 15 pound and a sack of potatoes.

Yep, if you want to pay piss-pot wages then you better prepare to become a piss pot club. Also do we know for sure that Sissoko is on 70k a week, perhaps he's 'only' on 50k a week.

The key point is that the likes of Sissoko will keep you up, unlike what we did this winter window.

70k a week is PL wages.

We are in the PL.

This. I am sorry but that is the way it is. If we can`t afford to have players like that than he needs to **** off. Go manage doncaster rovers or something like that if you find that more suiting. And you would think specially now that he has gotten a lot of money he would do something different. I hate you. The more and more I think about it, the less I kinda hate Lambert. He sure does some things that enrages me but looking at what he got then you get a bigger picture. We basically have no good players on the bench either so the subs automatically sucks all the freaking time. But yes, he has made some tactical decisions that really makes me question him but some of the players we have is embarrassing. 

It's so alarming how much things have changed since Lerner took over and was rightly hailed as a saviour. We pushed for Champions League and he kept all of his promises. But now look. Complete mismanagement during and after the MON era has left us in the shit and, besides the managerial appointments (and to be fair besides McLeish I am fine with them) there are 2 key points:

1) If he couldn't sustain what he was authorising MON to do, he should never have authorised it; and

2) If he can't sustain our Premier League status and can't afford to make us successful, he should sell up.

We all know this to be true. Yet for him this club is a business venture and he probably wont go until he has been repaid by the company, which is also difficult for us because no doubt he is a secured creditor who could pull our club apart if the business went into insolvency. This wouldn't be too much of an issue if he could sell his stock and make a profit but that seems unlikely. Therefore until he is repaid he has us at gun point and he isn't going to let us go until he is safe with his funds.

And therein lies the problem. Football should never have gotten to a stage where the business side and financial side of things dictates what happens on the pitch. But alas it has and there isn't anything we can do about it. I just wish he could have the heart to leave us and let our club be successful at the hands of someone else, regardless of how it affects him as a business man.

If you don't have an interest in the sporting side of things, you should not be buying sports teams. Us loyal fans just get **** over by men in suits wanting to make a bit of money, a bit of fame and a bit of a statement.

It's so alarming how much things have changed since Lerner took over and was rightly hailed as a saviour. We pushed for Champions League and he kept all of his promises. But now look. Complete mismanagement during and after the MON era has left us in the shit and, besides the managerial appointments (and to be fair besides McLeish I am fine with them) there are 2 key points:

1) If he couldn't sustain what he was authorising MON to do, he should never have authorised it; and

2) If he can't sustain our Premier League status and can't afford to make us successful, he should sell up.

We all know this to be true. Yet for him this club is a business venture and he probably wont go until he has been repaid by the company, which is also difficult for us because no doubt he is a secured creditor who could pull our club apart if the business went into insolvency. This wouldn't be too much of an issue if he could sell his stock and make a profit but that seems unlikely. Therefore until he is repaid he has us at gun point and he isn't going to let us go until he is safe with his funds.

And therein lies the problem. Football should never have gotten to a stage where the business side and financial side of things dictates what happens on the pitch. But alas it has and there isn't anything we can do about it. I just wish he could have the heart to leave us and let our club be successful at the hands of someone else, regardless of how it affects him as a business man.

If you don't have an interest in the sporting side of things, you should not be buying sports teams. Us loyal fans just get **** over by men in suits wanting to make a bit of money, a bit of fame and a bit of a statement.

What Lerner does not seem to understand is that there are only 2 ways to make money with a football club.

1- bums on seats.

2- long runs in cup competitions

We can not do either of those things with the $$$ he is investing in this club.And the longer his madness/stubbon ness goes the worse numbers 1 and 2 get.It seems so simple I fail to see why he can't understand it.

Â