The Randy Lerner thread

CI

If we can't afford just £5m or so to throw at but one signing to try and improve our hand, I really, really, really worry about just how **** the finances are and how **** we'll be if/when we go down.  This is the one season we absolutely cannot afford to be relegated, as even if we come back up we'll be so far behind everyone else it could take years just to re-secure consistent PL status.  If we truly cannot stump up any cash at all or make any breathing space on the wage bill to even try to prevent this, than we must be staring down the **** barrel and Lerner needs to **** off at the earliest opportunity.

It's very worrying but at the same time with the sale of the browns surely he has enough to make us safe. No ones asking for huge wages but with us looking so likely to go down surely the man has enough money to at least give us a fighting chance.

It looks like he just doesn't care.

It's very worrying but at the same time with the sale of the browns surely he has enough to make us safe. No ones asking for huge wages but with us looking so likely to go down surely the man has enough money to at least give us a fighting chance.

It looks like he just doesn't care.

A player like Sissoko or Diame (as examples) would transform our side - What is Lerner thinking - I know we differ on Lambert, but Lerner is absolutely hanging him out to dry. Pathetic

For those people that have stated Faulkner has done a great job commercially negotiating new kit deals etc, i wonder whether his "successful commercial deals" compensate for the potential huge drop in revenue if/when we go down?

Faulkner is Lerner's eyes and ears in the UK and he is as culpable as Lerner in my view.

It makes my blood boil when they post shite on the website boasting Villa Park has been nominated for awards for best conference venue when it's falling apart on the pitch.

I imagine that if Lambert was given money and signed players it would turn him in to a good manager. He'd stop playing players out of position, picking poor formations and he'd definitely stop leaving form players on the bench.

For those people that have stated Faulkner has done a great job commercially negotiating new kit deals etc, i wonder whether his "successful commercial deals" compensate for the potential huge drop in revenue if/when we go down?

Faulkner is Lerner's eyes and ears in the UK and he is as culpable as Lerner in my view.

It makes my blood boil when they post shite on the website boasting Villa Park has been nominated for awards for best conference venue when it's falling apart on the pitch.

Agreed. We'll be like Coventry. Shit team, amazing stadium.

As culpable ? No. He is MUCH worse... Lerner has invested a lot of money into this club over the years and fair play for that. But its PF who has been spending it. He's the one responsible for these managers and players whom we have brought in. Lerner takes only a percentage of the blame as i think he's just the one that says yes or no to the final decisions. Now lerners decided to get a determined manager in and doesnt want to spend money. Which is understandable...unfortunately its not working. 

We gave a friend a lift up to the game last night who sits in the front row of the Upper Trinity behind the directors box and directly behind Faulkner. He told us after the game that when Newcastle scored their second goal a female fan a couple of seats along from him stood up and started shouting at Faulkner. Apparently Faulkner turned around with a shocked look on his face then got up and walked out. I was under the impression that Faulkner didn't return to his seat afterwards. Sums the spineless moron up!

Imagine if your MD pulled together a meeting at your company, told his top manager in front of everyone "It doesn't matter if you fail to meet targets, generally have the worst year in the company's history and ruin our reputation nationally and internationally. You're still in a job next year regardless." How do you think this would effect morale? Do you think everyone would give their maximum for the company knowing failure is acceptable?

Sounds like a crazy piece of management doesn't it? Welcome to the Randy Lerner school of management....

• Like 1

I'm furious the more I think about the situation Lerner has put us in. How can our chairman be more bothered about getting a squad together ready to meet Financial Fair Play Regulations, than having a squad capable of staying in the Premier League? Enfuriating.

He isn't, he is only interested in paying back his own loans and the management fees on top obviously.

Imagine if your MD pulled together a meeting at your company, told his top manager in front of everyone "It doesn't matter if you fail to meet targets, generally have the worst year in the company's history and ruin our reputation nationally and internationally. You're still in a job next year regardless." How do you think this would effect morale? Do you think everyone would give their maximum for the company knowing failure is acceptable?

Sounds like a crazy piece of management doesn't it? Welcome to the Randy Lerner school of management....

In the real world I agree this would be a bad thing but in football its neither here nor there. If Lambert does a bad job and is sacked then he gets all of his contract paid up, he has no financial worries at the end of it and he would, unbelievably  get another well paid managerial job. If anything you could argue by Randy saying this it forces Lambert to think more about whether he should quit or not.

totally agree gareth.  For years we were told at least we're not Leeds,  well we are about to be I think

Cant even afford to spend on one player ,  Norwich are having 6 and 7 M bid rejected,  Newcastle buy 5 players ,  even Reading buy players and Everton spunk 7-9M on a player.  What do we do? Feck all

You have to spend to stand still in this league

Lerner OUT

We were the 5th biggest spenders in the summer.

I don't think 23m in a season is a small amount.

Â