The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Nah, he's probably holed up in The States, getting hard at the thought of the amount of money he'll pocket when we get stuffed out this League.

Explain this to us... How does Lerner benefit from Villa going down financially?

• Like 1

If we go down worse than the venkys IMO.

This is just pure hyperbole dude.

But I for once agree with you that he is the root of our problems at the moment. His reluctance to properly back our manager and focus on youth (because they are cheaper not because they are better) is really crippling him and his team.

Lerner has just under three weeks to fix this. I'll abstain from calling for his head until then. He may be convinced now that he needs to be more flexible with his transfer/wage policy. He has three weeks to do the right thing and back his manager. If he fails to do enough, I'll join the chorus.

• Like 1

Well its been coming for the last 18 months. Awful owner with zero business sense that will cost us our Premiership status.

I truly wonder how much the value of the club and his investment will drop the day we get relegated.

Lerner has just under three weeks to fix this. I'll abstain from calling for his head until then. He may be convinced now that he needs to be more flexible with his transfer/wage policy. He has three weeks to do the right thing and back his manager. If he fails to do enough, I'll join the chorus.

Pretty much where I am atm.

I wish the word removed would just come out and tell us what we are doing in terms of finance. One minute people are saying Lambert has a war chest of £50m, but needs the wages down. Now we have **** all.

I wish the word removed would just come out and tell us what we are doing in terms of finance. One minute people are saying Lambert has a war chest of £50m, but needs the wages down. Now we have **** all.

He never comes out and says anything though

He hides behind his puppet Faulkner

Not once has he answered questions to the fans directly

He never comes out and says anything though

He hides behind his puppet Faulkner

Not once has he answered questions to the fans directly

I know he's all into the secrecy shit, but now is the time to let us know where we stand.

Very much this.

I can understand him being a 'man in the background' type of chairman but it's not like we hear from Faulkner either.

We could do with a statement of intent from either of them.

Agreed.

I really hope recent results have convinced Lerner that we need to spend if he didn't think that already.

Frightening to think you dont already know?

Where who stands btw?

As it stands now, yeah we will be relegated. All i want to know is he going to back Lambert with what he needs? If we are still wage cutting you know there is **** all to spend.

Â