The Randy Lerner thread

CI

For those who mention Blackburn and the Blues when they want to point out other owners, is there any reason why you never use Swansea, Stoke, West Brom and Southampton as examples?

Because there are only bad owners out there in comparison to the untouchable Randolph Lerner he can do no wrong

• Like 1

I appreciate what Lerner has done but he has seriously hindered all the good work he has put in in the last 2-3 years

From the failure appointments of Houllier to that embarassment Mcloser, the lack of backing for our manager Lambert who has guided us to the SF of carling cup and if w e can over come Bradford we have a great chance of winning something if Swansea get there as it will be more open than facing Chelsea

Back him Lerner properly and I am very connfident lambo will turn it around

Edited by Demitri_C

For those who mention Blackburn and the Blues when they want to point out other owners, is there any reason why you never use Swansea, Stoke, West Brom and Southampton as examples?

the 1st 3 of them are locally owned clubs and not a foreign ownership which is what will happen again if Randy sells up, SOuthampton have made bizarre decisions as well like sacking Pardew

the 1st 3 of them are locally owned clubs and not a foreign ownership which is what will happen again if Randy sells up, SOuthampton have made bizarre decisions as well like sacking Pardew

What is the difference, if you are going to pinpoint two bad owners, you have to also look at the very good owners too. Not just the one or two that suit.

As for Pardew, the players wanted him out due to reasons I am not sure I can say. He tried getting close to some people.

The thing I dont understand with this whole "ahh but we'll get a crap owner if we et rid of Lerner" type of argument is this:

If lerner is supposed to be such a good bloke / owner then why would he sell us to a Venky or a Yeung ? Surely if he was that decent and good he would make sure (through the due dilligence that he would have to go through as well) that the owner he sells to would be an ok type

I mean Ellis (the devil incarnate) found Lerner so just imagine who Lerner would find

the 1st 3 of them are locally owned clubs and not a foreign ownership which is what will happen again if Randy sells up,

If Randy sells up we get foreign ownership? Where is Randy from?

If we were relegated then I think it would make Lerner worse than the Venkys.

Ridiculous.

He has given us money, he has hired MON/Lambert (not many opposed to that) and then of course the McLeish-disaster. However, he has spent money on us and we have challenged for three seasons. We are crap now, granted, but to compare him with that Indian circus is plain mean.

I appreciate what Lerner has done but he has seriously hindered all the good work he has put in in the last 2-3 years

From the failure appointments of Houllier to that embarassment Mcloser, the lack of backing for our manager Lambert who has guided us to the SF of carling cup and if w e can over come Bradford we have a great chance of winning something if Swansea get there as it will be more open than facing Chelsea

Back him Lerner properly and I am very connfident lambo will turn it around

Lamberts received more backing than Mcleish.

The fact he decided to waste 20m on shite like KEA, Westwood, Bennett, Vlaar etc is his fault.

Thats not to say Im not behind Lambert tho - (just)

Would love Randy to sell up.

We won't move forward as a club until he does. He's not incredibly interested in the club anymore and certainly doesn't have enough enthusiasm to start ploughing millions back into the playing staff, which is exactly what is required.

The thing I dont understand with this whole "ahh but we'll get a crap owner if we et rid of Lerner" type of argument is this:

If lerner is supposed to be such a good bloke / owner then why would he sell us to a Venky or a Yeung ? Surely if he was that decent and good he would make sure (through the due dilligence that he would have to go through as well) that the owner he sells to would be an ok type

I mean Ellis (the devil incarnate) found Lerner so just imagine who Lerner would find

If Randy sells up we get foreign ownership? Where is Randy from?

Richard i did say foreign ownership would happen again

7 Odd years and if he left now, he'd leave us in a far bigger mess than Doug did when he left.

People can defend him however they want, but at the end of the 2005/2006 season, we were able to put out the following side:

Sorenson

Delaney Mellberg Laursen Bouma

Hendrie Mccann Barry Milner

Baros Angel

This side clearly contains far more quality than what we are able to put out at the moment, and has players like Cahill, Agbonlahor and Phillips in reserve. So in actual fact, Randy has achieved very little, save a pub and a mosaic.

Edited by Shillzz

Ridiculous.

He has given us money, he has hired MON/Lambert (not many opposed to that) and then of course the McLeish-disaster. However, he has spent money on us and we have challenged for three seasons. We are crap now, granted, but to compare him with that Indian circus is plain mean.

Doug brought in MON.

Randy makes out he is a fan, he can't be cause relegation is very realistic if I owned the club I would do all I could for the club I supported cause relegation would break my heart! He don't care about villa or fans anymore he has 1billion from selling the browns even investing 30 mill would save our season, not investing a penny will result in relegation our defence is the worst in living memory, the midfield.is so lightweight a gentle breeze could blow it over!!! So Randy do you have the balls to save the club you say you support??

Lerner has made plenty of mistakes. But making mistakes doesn't make you a bad owner. Not learning from them does.

Worse than making mistakes is not trying to do something different out of fear and maintaining the status quo rather than competing. That was Ellis' style.

Lerner (and Lambert, I believe) are trying to build something deeper and better. It's a short term risk, sure, but it's not yet a mistake (though I will admit things look grim). I'm still willing to back both of them.

Lerner has made plenty of mistakes. But making mistakes doesn't make you a bad owner. Not learning from them does.

Worse than making mistakes is not trying to do something different out of fear and maintaining the status quo rather than competing. That was Ellis' style.

Lerner (and Lambert, I believe) are trying to build something deeper and better. It's a short term risk, sure, but it's not yet a mistake (though I will admit things look grim). I'm still willing to back both of them.

You think this abysmal season so far is evidence that Lerner is learning from his mistakes?

It's evidence that he's now making new ones.

How people keep defending this bloke amazes me it really does.

It's like they'be ignored everything that has gone on and I include his entire time as browns owner and the reaction of their fans when he left.

Â