The Randy Lerner thread

CI

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

The fans were right not to accept McLeish. Ignoring the fact that he managed a rival, at the time we were a team who had recently been challenging for the Champions League and had been to Wembley twice in one season. We deserved a manager with a better pedigree than recent relegation and coming third in a two horse race.

He had recently won a trophy which we didnt do on our visits to Wembley

3 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

Grant was supposedly a really nasty piece of work - despised by the players IIRC.

so was Culverhouse and Keane as well, either we are signing these guys from anger management or our players are a big bunch of pussies

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

so was Culverhouse and Keane as well, either we are signing these guys from anger management or our players are a big bunch of pussies

Yeah good point, although I hadn't heard that Keane was unpopular. I thought it was supposed to be the other way round with the assistant manager being the good guy that all the players got on with. Pretty sure how that's how it was with O'Neill's guys.

• Like 1

I don't think he said anything wrong really.  He said fans are delusional "IF they expect the current team to be a force in the top flight."  He went on to clarify that we will not simply walk over and easily beat the opposition.  I think that would be delusional to think that.  Look at our FA 3rd round record in recent years.

Having said that, I can't say that I thought he did a great job as our coach and that he's delusional IF he thinks he did.  

There isn't a single Aston Villa fan alive that thinks this current team should be a force in the top flight. Nor does anyone reasonably think that we will automatically be a force in the Championship or "walk over and easily best the opposition". Hoping it doesn't make somebody delusional. Not that he could know any of that of course, he's never worked with this squad. I bet he's not even watched us play this season.

Who gives a shit what Peter Grant thinks though eh. Daft bluenose word removed. Always found him to be a detestable little prick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

There isn't a single Aston Villa fan alive that thinks this current team should be a force in the top flight. Nor does anyone reasonably think that we will automatically be a force in the Championship or "walk over and easily best the opposition". Hoping it doesn't make somebody delusional. Not that he could know any of that of course, he's never worked with this squad. I bet he's not even watched us play this season.

Who gives a shit what Peter Grant thinks though eh. Daft bluenose word removed. Always found him to be a detestable little prick.

well think he was saying that when he was here people expected be top 6 when Young and Downing were sold and only Nzogbia brought in as a replacement

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

But Mcleish had to do the same but was given less time. My point is Lambert was just as bad as Mcleish but had a longer period to be crap

He had an infinitely better team to work with.

It was abysmal stuff.

On 27 January 2016 at 14:53, Nabby said:

Is Grant having a laugh ? 

Lambert might have some milage to give on cost cutting but Grants argument is blown out of the water by the money we wasted on Nzogbia Given and Jenas under Mcliesh.He talks of costing cutting but one of our highest earners is still N'zogbia 

He can do one with his comments 

These managers just can't see the contribution they have made to our demise....they have had money.....not in an overwhelming fashion, but they could have traded more prudently in my opinion......not much research done on Nzogbia IMO.

On 27 January 2016 at 19:51, sexbelowsound said:

I hope he gets a really serious papercut. I really mean that.

Did you mean uppercut?lol

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

The depressing thing is we are going to be stuck with this bloke until we end up in administration or he pop his clogs! We are not a sellable asset and in the Championship no one is going to pay £150 million for a football team!

• Like 1

Words cannot describe how much i don't like this word removed! He is an awful business man and he is slowing killing this once great club!

I hope he goes bankrupt! He calls himself a fan? If he was he would be doing his upmost to keep us in the League!

Â