The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Can not understand or believe that his only role as a member of the board would to be eyes and ears for his dad. Surely can do that without being given a position like that. Would be a terrible decision anyway to put his 18 year old son Infront of the firing line like that. 

In fairness if Max wants to cut his teeth and prove himself to his old man I'd welcome somebody giving a toss from the Lerner family, if he's ambitious at least he'll be hands on.  However given our situation this is not the time or the place for a rookie, we need an expierenced hand who knows the club, leagues and culture there's no place for error next year it's bounce back or a decade of oblivion. Frankly all decisions and off the field restructuring don't inspire a crumb of confidence from me, we'll rot with these clowns.

18 years old? What a disaster.

I mean, it's not unheard of for the son to replace the father in a role at a sports club and to turn the club's fortunes around. Look at say, the Chicago Blackhawks. But the son in that case was 50+, not 18. Apart from a bit of enthusiasm, what could be possibly bring to the board?

Unless he's some sort of sports club management child prodigy, it's a disaster, and he certainly didn't inherit any ability in that area

Welcome to the club Billy Madison!

So Learner doesn't dare to show his face at Villa, but he's sending his son here?

Must be his way of toughening him up, like when other rich parents sends their kids to work at Burger King during a summer before they get their part of the family money.

Will show what kind of a man Lerner really is if it happens! 

Nothing more than a gutless coward who can't face the music himself so is lining up an 18yrd kid. 

Seriously, Next time that plane hits british tarmac i will **** nuke the word removed.

Edited by Kingman

35 minutes ago, DK82 said:

I doubt he'll have much of a say, just be there to make sure the new chairman goes through with the cuts and keeps spending to a minimum. A pair of eyes and ears, nothing more.

Robert Maxwell styley?..

As it's just an unsubstantiated rumour I'm not too worried or wound up by this at all. If it is true surely it would be just a glorified work experience placement and he won't have any actual authority, can't see much wrong with him sitting in on board meetings (in that capacity) 

And for those saying he will be Lerner's eyes and ears, all board meetings have detailed minutes recorded, so Lerner will know what was said by who anyway. 

More pressing things to worry about in life than some 18 year old getting work experience. 

If my view is proven wrong I'll get angry then not now with no facts. Enough actual sticks to beat Lerner with without getting worked up over a rumour. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Richard said:

Is Lerner a secret sha fan ?

Just completely incompetent but thinks he knows a lot and won't listen or trust, and thinks he know a lot about football because he spent a few years watching it on TV in the early 80s.

• Like 1

Â