The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Some Times journo was on 5 live tonight. Talk got round to us and he said Lerner was on the verge of selling us in March but it fell through for whatever reason. Fits in with that story that appeared in the Guardian or Telegraph around the time that we would be sold at the end of the season.

A certain Dassault Falcon is due into BHX tomorrow morning. It appears Villa Park will have an American visitor for the game

Lerner at a game? The world gone' crazy.

Come to sign his new contract?

Oh god. He's going to confirm there's no buyers and he's staying. I knew there were too many positive things happening recently.

I'd rather than than a prolonged limbo of being for sale.

• Like 2

Not me. Its only been a few months, I'd hope after publicly telling us his hearts not in it he'll put more effort into finding a suitable buyer.

I'd rather the hope for better than know this is all we will have.

Not me. Its only been a few months, I'd hope after publicly telling us his hearts not in it he'll put more effort into finding a suitable buyer.

Who isn't hoping for better? I've wanted rid of Lerner for years not just since he put it up for sale.

But we've been up for sale for months and available for sale for a lot longer than that, Lerner has engaged people to look for buyers and even gone as far as publicly announcing we are for sale. Despite all the BS that has been floating around from people about this or that deal being close we've got nowhere near being sold.

So I'm not really sure in fairness to Lerner what more effort he can put into finding a buyer. 

So in the absence of a buyer, I'd rather he focus on running the club until such time as there is one and in fairness to him that is exactly what he has done since his second statement.

• Like 3

Not me. Its only been a few months, I'd hope after publicly telling us his hearts not in it he'll put more effort into finding a suitable buyer.I'd rather the hope for better than know this is all we will have.

What should he be doing exactly? Placing ads in local papers, driving round with a for sale notice in his car? Maybe walk around the country wearing a sandwich board?

I don't think you can do too much more than publicly put the club up for sale

• Like 2

Not me. Its only been a few months, I'd hope after publicly telling us his hearts not in it he'll put more effort into finding a suitable buyer.I'd rather the hope for better than know this is all we will have.

What should he be doing exactly? Placing ads in local papers, driving round with a for sale notice in his car? Maybe walk around the country wearing a sandwich board?

I've checked, its not on Right Move the cheap &^%$

Who isn't hoping for better? I've wanted rid of Lerner for years not just since he put it up for sale.

But we've been up for sale for months and available for sale for a lot longer than that, Lerner has engaged people to look for buyers and even gone as far as publicly announcing we are for sale. Despite all the BS that has been floating around from people about this or that deal being close we've got nowhere near being sold.

So I'm not really sure in fairness to Lerner what more effort he can put into finding a buyer.

So in the absence of a buyer, I'd rather he focus on running the club until such time as there is one and in fairness to him that is exactly what he has done since his second statement.

I'd rather he focus on running the club but that doesn't mean I want him to give up trying to sell the club.

Listen, I understand TBAR has made a bit of a rod for its own back with the ITK stuff in the past but they are fellow Villa fans so can we not make this thread about that site or the people who post on it please.

Fair comments trent - there have been several mistakes regarding itk but I can honestly say they were all in good faith - no doubt still a mistake as they put the reputation of the site at stake and many founding members have since departed.

I personally find this site a good one and know many people on TBAR use this forum too- there is no problem using both and not resorting to slagging off the other - the Internet is a big place and we can all choose where we wish to read information without the need for abuse - I have many times praised villatalk on TBAR myself .

• Like 4

Don't think I said different. My original post said I don't want him to confirm there's no buyers and he's staying. If the clubs up for sale he should continue to look for buyers and leave it up for sale.

If lerner is in town I doubt there will be any statement - he probably feels like seeing a game given the decent start to the season .

Lamberts comments suggest lerner still wants to sell but in the meantime it will be a case of running the club as best he can .

Listen, I understand TBAR has made a bit of a rod for its own back with the ITK stuff in the past but they are fellow Villa fans so can we not make this thread about that site or the people who post on it please.

Fair comments trent - there have been several mistakes regarding itk but I can honestly say they were all in good faith - no doubt still a mistake as they put the reputation of the site at stake and many founding members have since departed.

I personally find this site a good one and know many people on TBAR use this forum too- there is no problem using both and not resorting to slagging off the other - the Internet is a big place and we can all choose where we wish to read information without the need for abuse - I have many times praised villatalk on TBAR myself .

Now let's all have a big group hug and get behind the Villa!

Agreed mate.

For what it's worth, if Lerner is prepared to invest, with Tom Fox on board I'm prepared to give him another chance as the right owner for us.

I've never been part of the 'Lerner Out' camp, but I was excited by the prospect of a new owner who would invest. I think Lerner started off really well for us, several of his initiatives were very honourable, he did alot more than was expected of him as an owner, rebuilding local areas and charity work. He's a man who got basically robbed by poor advice from the people he trusted with his money. Those people have now left. I'm not saying Tom Fox is going to be the man to turn it all around, I don't know enough about him - but if Lerner has put the whole MON saga behind him, is prepared to spend a bit again (not wanting tens of millions, just steady investment) and have a bit of heart in it again, I would like him to remain as the owner.

When you look at some other clubs and the way the owners they got all excited about ended up, I prefer the stability Lerner can bring (if he still wants to).

Of course, if he still wants out, and still doesn't want to invest, then I can't support him.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1
  • Like 2

A certain Dassault Falcon is due into BHX tomorrow morning. It appears Villa Park will have an American visitor for the game

Lerner at a game? The world gone' crazy.

I have visions of him taking his seat in the trinity road being shown on the big screen to the chants of...

Where were you when we were shit... Where were you when we where shit!

• Like 1

Â