The Randy Lerner thread

CI

but at that time when mon was after a striker,harry would not sell us bent, heskey was 3m?

this thread is about RL.. my question is the sums do not add up? this club is turning over 60-80m a season but 10m is on playing staff,take wages 40m that leaves errrrrr alot not invested in better players,

AVFC has the 7th or 8th biggest seating stadium in the league, with regular gates 70-80% full.. that alone & tv money should get 20-30m every year for the manager, yet this year 10m..something wrong

It's called Lerner taking out money from the club covertly. Turnover is over £100m, wages around £55m, yet we just break even.....hhhmmmm.

but at that time when mon was after a striker,harry would not sell us bent, heskey was 3m? 

this thread is about RL.. my question is the sums do not add up? this club is turning over 60-80m a season but 10m is on playing staff,take wages 40m that leaves errrrrr alot not invested in better players,

AVFC has the 7th or 8th biggest seating stadium in the league, with regular gates 70-80% full.. that alone & tv money should get 20-30m every year for the manager, yet this year 10m..something wrong

40million wages? I thought it was nearer the 60mil ish mark now.

Doesn't the club still owe RL money? I remember seeing someone say I think it was last year or the year before that RL was meant to take back 20mil that the club owed him, but he never because of the shit our finances were in.....Did he ever take back that 20mil and does the club owe him anymore?

If you want to talk figures look at the accounts

Nearly one year ago to the day Christian Benteke signed his contract extension with the club and things were looking increasingly bright at Villa Park. I ran across my workplace screaming with joy because I couldn't believe it!

One year on and I've never been less excited with Villa and the future of the club.  :(

40million wages? I thought it was nearer the 60mil ish mark now.

Doesn't the club still owe RL money? I remember seeing someone say I think it was last year or the year before that RL was meant to take back 20mil that the club owed him, but he never because of the shit our finances were in.....Did he ever take back that 20mil and does the club owe him anymore?

Why should the club owe him anything?

If he wanted to spunk his money on the wall hiring and firing garbage like Mcleish, signing players like Ireland with no manager in place, 28 year old striker for £18m and no sell on value, handing out 5 year deals to 35 year olds then that is his bad, not ours.

The guy is a clown, and the sooner he ****s off the better.

• Like 4

On a par with Ellis , certainly no better and in terms of the football club arguably worse

Reminds of Risdale allowed too much spending especially on wages based on champs league qualification and left club having to bring in cheap players to make a team when it all went pear shaped.

My Villa supporting started in the 90 season so for me from my own experience Randy is as bad as Ellis.

On a par with Ellis , certainly no better and in terms of the football club arguably worse

Total PFE.

Ellis relegated us to the 3rd division and dismantled the European Cup winning team leading to relegation.

It is not PFE (imo)

Lerner has done more long term damage. In a time when the league is on TV's across the world, we are now damaged goods. Yes Ellis did get us relegated, but we could bounce back unharmed. Lerner - in full view of the world - has turned us into 'Wigan' and a very unattractive prospect. That is without the relegation battles.

• Like 2

Total PFE.

Ellis relegated us to the 3rd division and dismantled the European Cup winning team leading to relegation.

It is not PFE (imo)

Lerner has done more long term damage. In a time when the league is on TV's across the world, we are now damaged goods. Yes Ellis did get us relegated, but we could bounce back unharmed. Lerner - in full view of the world - has turned us into 'Wigan' and a very unattractive prospect. That is without the relegation battles.

Ive been bleeting on about how much we are similar to wigan on there continious battles with the drop it caught them up and i think it will with us. Lerner is far worse than ellis leadt he made tough decisions we never wanted mc eck if and i say if ellis had appointed him when the fans wanted him out he would have listened

Total PFE.

What does PFE mean? I've got Pfizer, Polarized Fractal Efficiency and Potential Future Exposure so far. 

**** sake. lerner worse than ellis is such a bullshit statement. Talk about going OTT because we're currently doing poorly. Yes Lerner's plan has not worked out, but if there's no sale we were heading only one way under that miserly self aggrandising rocket polisher. Lerner had a go, gave us some hope for a while but then ran out of steam when he realised he couldn't compete sufficiently. The past couple of years have been a bit depressing but that does not make him worse than Ellis' perpetual refusals to show ambition when we needed it in the past, not to mention Randy actually put his own money in sufficiently and you'd have to be rather myopic to believe Lerner did not have the best intentions for the club and he did seem to genuinely care. There was genuine feel good vibes around the club for 4 years. Times are fallow now and Lerner selling up is best for all involved, but let's not re-write history and deify that octogenarian prick. Lerner had a go, it didn't work out, now time to sell. That's it.

Disagree with pretty much all of that.

Total PFE.

It is not PFE (imo)

We could be a club of the same stature as Liverpool if it wasn't for Ellis messing things up in the 80s.

• Like 3

And now we are a club the same stature as Wigan thanks to Lerner messing it up.

Ellis was noway good not in the slightest, yet the club was an attractive proposition when he came to sell it and he sold it no problems. Are we an attractive proposition now? And there's more money in the game than ever before

• Like 1

Â