The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Damned if you do damned if you don't!! The proof will be in the signings but if Lerner doesn't say anything everybody would be moaning about what's going on. He has now told us where we are at. It's exactly the statement I was expecting and I believe he will back Lambert as previous summers. What more can he say though?

Has he backed Lambert much in previous summers?

I've no idea about the amount spent but if you're asking has he backed him in bringing in players I think it's safe to say that's a yes!! 5+ every summer. This year if he buys 2/3 at twice the quality we'll be fine. When Lambert has spent over £3m he's brought in quality.

Damned if you do damned if you don't!! The proof will be in the signings but if Lerner doesn't say anything everybody would be moaning about what's going on. He has now told us where we are at. It's exactly the statement I was expecting and I believe he will back Lambert as previous summers. What more can he say though?

Has he backed Lambert much in previous summers?
I've no idea about the amount spent but if you're asking has he backed him in bringing in players I think it's safe to say that's a yes!! 5+ every summer. This year if he buys 2/3 at twice the quality we'll be fine. When Lambert has spent over £3m he's brought in quality.

Maybe I should have phrased it as acceptable backing. While he's allowed players to be signed I don't think he's given Lambert an awful lot to work with.

I really cant wait for him to go.

I never thought I'd feel this way about him but I agree.

"Why don't we get updates on the sale?"

Statement issued to say sales talks have been productive but nothing concrete, as expected...

"Why bother issuing a statement?"

• Like 2

Statement issued to say sales talks have been productive but nothing concrete, as expected...

Because of course everyone criticisng the statement were the same people allegedly asking for updates?

I couldnt give a shit about updates from Lerner to be honest and I am criticisng this statement

I'd rather he kept the £20m and dropped his asking price for the club in order to speed up his own exit.

The money won't be coming from his pocket I'm sure

I don't think much has over the years despite what people believe.

When we were bleeding money he did. But according to the club we're not any more, so I would take from that his monetary input isnt needed as much any more

I'd rather he kept the £20m and dropped his asking price for the club in order to speed up his own exit.

When we were bleeding money he did. But according to the club we're not any more, so I would take from that his monetary input isnt needed as much any more

The majority of the money he put in was loan or in exchange for equity, the money loaned is being repaid and has in the past been subject to management fees and interest (low level and not always waved) I believe.

As and when he sells the club I don't expect in real terms he will have put much if any of his money in.

Not that that is wrong in any way, but I think there is a misconception with him that he has been some kind of generous benefactor to the club and I don't think that view stacks up personally.

• Like 4

The majority of the money he put in was loan or in exchange for equity, the money loaned is being repaid and has in the past been subject to management fees and interest (low level and not always waved) I believe.

As and when he sells the club I don't expect in real terms he will have put much if any of his money in.

Not that that is wrong in any way, but I think there is a misconception with him that he has been some kind of generous benefactor to the club and I don't think that view stacks up personally.

Any figures I have seen would seem not to support your statement.

Any figures I have seen would seem not to support your statement.

I haven't issued a statement, I offered my opinion.

What figures would these be then? Because I'm not sure what figures you could have seen that will give an answer to how much he has put in at the point he sells, given he hasn't sold.

He used money loaned off the Lerner Trust at something like 1% over base to fund the whole thing. He turned loans into equity therefore the sale will repay the loans.

He may be slightly out of pocket however compared as a % of his wealth a lot less than I and many others have invested over the years. And we will get no money back!

He used money loaned off the Lerner Trust at something like 1% over base to fund the whole thing. He turned loans into equity therefore the sale will repay the loans.

He may be slightly out of pocket however compared as a % of his wealth a lot less than I and many others have invested over the years. And we will get no money back!

Exactly, plus don't forget the interest which has been charged in some years and the management fee's.

His net investment on owning the club is likely to be next to nothing or even nothing by the time he goes.

• Like 2

Because of course everyone criticisng the statement were the same people allegedly asking for updates?

I couldnt give a shit about updates from Lerner to be honest and I am criticisng this statement

It was a flashpoint of fans reactions to things, don't take it so personally.

Well, if he is going to get his money back, cannot understand why he does not appear to want to keep the club.

To get his money back he needs to sell the club.

He paid £64m for us and speculation puts the value now at £150-£200m.

A sale in that bracket would go a long way to helping him get his money back.

Only now after 4 years of cost cutting are we profitable so staying in order to pay back his owns isn't really an option as we are likely to be relegated sooner or later with the way he is running the club.

I can see the appeal of that viewpoint, especially for those who want him gone ASAP, but personally I'd rather the team be re-inforced - it needs it and I don't think not doing that in order to possibly hasten a sale would be the best course of action at all. I want the team to be as good as it can be, and for the club, whoever owns it, to do the best it can to be as good as it can on the pitch. Witholding funds in the hope of him selling quicker would be exactly the wrong thing to do. Like I say I understand the emotional appeal, but logically it seems totally wrong to me, at least

• Like 2

Well, if he is going to get his money back, cannot understand why he does not appear to want to keep the club.

To get his money back he needs to sell the club.

He paid £64m for us and speculation puts the value now at £150-£200m.

A sale in that bracket would go a long way to helping him get his money back.

Only now after 4 years of cost cutting are we profitable so staying in order to pay back his owns isn't really an option as we are likely to be relegated sooner or later with the way he is running the club.

Agree entirely that he needs to sell to get his money back.

I am still unconvinced that he will not have lost many millions during his tenure.

Â