The Randy Lerner thread

CI

All I originally said is it's easy to solely blame it on lerner. Then I responded to your posts and the comparisons in them. Sorry.

It seems like anyone who doesn't agree lerner is the worst owner ever gets vilified. I stated that I think he should get a large portion of the blame, due to his bad appointments. It's not like I came in here and told villa fans they should be thankful for the great messiah lerner. I said he's done a poor job. But, IMO, solely blaming him is easy and simplistic.

Edited by Rovers13

Say what you like Rovers, fans can be fickle and lack backbone at times as we all know.

Your entitled to your say.

Lack backbone? What by not cheering on a billionaire while the club you support struggles for the 4th consecutive year?

BJ10 it must grind you at night knowing Lerner is worth a Billion.

As said before you seem to have all the answers and as such must be so successful.  Buy Villa and tranform them into the winning team using you wisdom.

Lambert has been given 20 million roughly to spend each summer transfer window, and according to reports more was availale but he decided not to spend.

• Like 1

Say what you like Rovers, fans can be fickle and lack backbone at times as we all know.

Lack backbone? What by not cheering on a billionaire while the club you support struggles for the 4th consecutive year?

BJ10 it must grind you at night knowing Lerner is worth a Billion.

As said before you seem to have all the answers and as such must be so successful. Buy Villa and tranform them into the winning team using you wisdom.

Lambert has been given 20 million roughly to spend each summer transfer window, and according to reports more was availale but he decided not to spend.

Well unfortunately my dad didn't leave me a large amount of money. You seem to think that because he owns the club he obviously knows how to do well. The evidence would suggest otherwise.

Do you put any blame on Lerner for the 4 consecutive shit years?

Have I got this about right? One man makes all the decisions about how the club is run …. and he's a guy three thousand miles away in distance, and about as far away again in his understanding of successful Premiership football.

To assist our stumbling custodian we have a "yes man" personal assistant, and a manager who repeatedly tells him on the telephone that he's not worried about the team because we're playing well and just not getting the breaks. He also tells him that the fact that we're only losing matches by the odd goal is a really encouraging sign.

Unfortunately I'm not making this up!

• Like 2

Says the Blackburn fan.

Rovers13 has stated his interest in Villa before, using the fact that he is a Blackburn fan against him is pretty pathetic, and rather low. His opinion is as valid as anyones.

Says the Blackburn fan.

Rovers13 has stated his interest in Villa before, using the fact that he is a Blackburn fan against him is pretty pathetic, and rather low. His opinion is as valid as anyones.
Tell somebody who gives a crap. Edited by dodgyknees

All I originally said is it's easy to solely blame it on lerner. Then I responded to your posts and the comparisons in them. Sorry.

It seems like anyone who doesn't agree lerner is the worst owner ever gets vilified. I stated that I think he should get a large portion of the blame, due to his bad appointments. It's not like I came in here and told villa fans they should be thankful for the great messiah lerner. I said he's done a poor job. But, IMO, solely blaming him is easy and simplistic.

Lerner isn't the worst chairman ever, that isn't exactly proof he is good either.

There's plenty of points left to play for and we can end this season in are far healthier league position than last.  If the players gave up now I'd say they lacked backbone...I'd apply the same criticism to anyone connected with the club who's prepared to throw in the towel when there's thirty odd points left to play for. 

• Like 2

Doug Ellis had a better record than Lerner for appointing bad managers, but where the difference came, is that uncle Doug HAD control.

This is the same control us the fans didn't want to him to have because it stifled managers and created interference.

Its a vicious circle.

What we all want is a manager to have the freedom to do what he wishes ( within reason) anticipating that everything he does will be right......but when its not right, its the owners fault.

Doug didn't trust his managers ....Randy Lerner did.( hindsight is an exact science)

who looks the foolish one now, in that context.

I Know which owner Brian Clough would have liked to work with had he had been our manager and our own Ron Saunders.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I still believe Lerner will sell the club in the summer.

I hope whoever buys the club is willing to bankroll us out of the Championship.

It is really important we stay up.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

Faulkner gets away with murder on these forums. Does anyone realise what a CEO's remit is while the owner is not here.

The first man to go for me would be Faulkner. I think a new man in who knows the technical side of football and not just the marketing and finance, would improve the club no end................!!

We could possibly move on with 20 million per season transfers and Lerner. We can't move on with a CEO who thinks employing (weather agreeing or overseeing) McLeish was a great idea!

Edited by foreveryoung

Â