The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Faulkner is the easy one to blame for those that still can't bring themselves to criticise an owner who has dropped us to this disgusting level.

Yes it is a easy target but he is Randy's mate who was basically parachuted into his job at the Villa, with no footballing experience whatsoever.

the football experience argument is really bollocks though, 

The messes continued after MON left though and now they are clearing up messes of the preceding managers and their overpaid, expensive, valueless signings. Ireland, Hutton, Given, Bent may be the Zog whom none of which were signed by MON. Then there's the constant release money paid to useless managers which I imagine run into the millions?

Looking at the all this mess the one constant throughout is Lerner and he is now crippling the club trying to claw back the money he pissed up the wall. fantastic ownership! 

N'Zogbia/Ireland were signed for much less that the players they were replacing.

Bent was signed as a buy to keep us up that year.

Given Hutton and N'Zogbia were signed for less than the fee received for downing that year (a negative transfer spend)

Also it's all well and good saying those players are crap but that is with hindsight in mind.

So when McLeish came in we had a negative spend and when Lambert came in he filled the squad with low paid cheap players and has pretty much binned the rest of the high earners.

Rebuilding as we fans would call it starts this summer providing we stay up so far it has been about demolishing what once was.

Forever I don't mean that I simply mean high earners gone + full squad = less players to buy with the same budget

Therefore as fans we should expect higher quality players to come in, whether that happens in hindsight will be another matter.

In - Makoun(6m), Bent(18m), Ireland (8m) = 32m

Out - Milner(26m)/Young(17m) = 43m

We also binned Reo Coker, Davies, and Bouma on free transfers.

So no I'm not joking.

EDIT:

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

At least under MON some of his players had a resale value.

So we have been cost cutting for 4 years now? And we are still not on an even keel?

And 40% of the way into Lambert's 5 year plan has us playing the same style of football as McLeish with cheaper players. Gotta love these 5 year plans? Why not have a 3 year plan as that was the length of his contract makes more sense to me?

In - Makoun(6m), Bent(18m), Ireland (8m) = 32m

Out - Milner(26m)/Young(17m) = 43m

We also binned Reo Coker, Davies, and Bouma on free transfers.

So no I'm not joking.

Milner was sold 2 months before Houllier took charge and Young a month after he was gone. Can't see how these deals were under Houller at all tbh. 

Houllier bought Bent, Makoun, Bradley and Walker and got rid of Davies only in his one and only tranfer window. 

Â