The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Aston Villa have posted a £51.8 million loss in their latest accounts for 2012-13 ...

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-post-518m-loss-6759930?

The article above, whilst containing virtually the exact same sentences, figures and so on as the previous Kendrick column from an hour earlier, conveys a slightly (at least) different message to the first column.

I wanted to bump this thread up as I think a lot of the posts on the accounts thread should be on here.

Now we have seen the accounts that make zero sense, how do we feel the way forward should be?

I assume you mean Randy to sell?

I'd love a richer owner to come in as would all of us but with FFP now here the reality of it is unless it is someone like Mansour who can provide 'fake' sponsorship to get around the rules it wont make much difference.

I wanted to bump this thread up as I think a lot of the posts on the accounts thread should be on here.

Now we have seen the accounts that make zero sense, how do we feel the way forward should be?

They make sense to me.

I think the way forward is to invest in and produce young talents that will get better, improve our team and in turn increase in value. We also need to stop buying so many old players who, as we have seen, lose value incredibly fast. It seems that this is the way we are going already, although doing it in the league we are in is obviously difficult when trying to find these young talents with such a tight budget and also while in the middle of a complete squad overhaul.

Obviously Benteke would be the first off the 'major' production line and we'll make a hefty profit on him should we sell him for £20m+. Okore is a highly rated young defender, we know this to be true as he has already turned down a move to Chelsea. Should Okore live up to his potential, it is likely that Chelsea would come back in for him a few years down the line and probably other clubs will too. 

I would argue that pretty much every player we have signed since Lambert joined is now worth more than what they were purchased for, especially players like Bacuna, Westwood, Lowton and Guzan who will have increased in value quite a bit since joining us. I would also argue that the likes of Clark, Baker and Weimann could easily be sold on for relatively good amounts and were produced via our academy.

I guess the only way we'll know if things will work out for sure is if we have a successful transfer window in the Summer, which can only be judged on by our performances next season. We'll no doubt see the Lambert era's first outgoings this Summer, so I'm intrigued to see how much money we make from those we sell who have joined us in the last 2 years.

• Like 2

The accounts make perfect sense :

1. Lerner and his yes men can't run a corner shop

2. Aston Villa's finances are a long way from being healthy

3. 85% wages to revenue 4 years after MON says they've learnt nothing and that blaming MON was a hoax

4. He should sell asap

• Like 3

No they don't Risso as you cant tell me why admin costs went up 14m that year, why the wages went up not down and so on and so forth.

It's very simple, we have more playing staff than we did the year before, and despite not using the likes of Ireland, N'Zogbia, Bent, Given and Hutton we're still paying their wages.

Well one would assume those players are on much lower wages and if they aren't then there isn't much point buying them.as there will always be a higher 'wastage' of players you buy for a million opposed to ones you buy for 6m.

Secondly 14m up in admin costs 1.8 to 15.8 I think it was no one except for the accounts people at the club know the answer to questions like these as we only have headline figures.

Secondly 14m up in admin costs 1.8 to 15.8 I think it was no one except for the accounts people at the club know the answer to questions like these as we only have headline figures.

Admin Expenses are not detailed in the accounts.. So I'd like to know where you're taking this figure from?

As the accounts are now more explained (that's a bad way to word it) on the accounts thread we can spend 20m a summer with the new TV revenue without making losses as long as the wage bill doesn't balloon.

So it looks like the 'plan' is back on

As the accounts are now more explained (that's a bad way to word it) on the accounts thread we can spend 20m a summer with the new TV revenue without making losses as long as the wage bill doesn't balloon.

So it looks like the 'plan' is back on

What plan?

Â