The Randy Lerner thread

CI

All three managers BJ. Dunne for instance of a MON contract.

So one player compared to the likes of Ireland, given, nzogbia, hutton and bent. So not really down to MON is it? Look at the fees and wages houllier and McLeish were allowed to spend? Hardly the actions of a club in financial trouble. No compare that to what Lambert has had to work with so far. No coincidence the serious cuts came after another 2 years of poor spending and close to £18 million on compensation to past managers. That gets ignored when people mention money that we've wasted

#21 Trinity Kid

Academy

New Members

4 posts

0 warning points

Posted Today, 07:41 PM

I haven't renewed since Mcleish was installed as manager. I'd previously been a sth for the last 10 years. I was disgusted with the the board/ owner not listening to the fans with regard to the appointment.

Similar to above, I've really missed being there when we had obviously played well. At those times I'm usually there the next home game, only to see us get done 3-0 by Everton, Wigan West Ham ect.

I'll tell you this now, as much as I know we had to go through some pain to get our finances in order, what RL demanded of the villa faithful whilst giving precious little back is disgusting.

Two winter transfer windows in and in real need of investment and.....nothing.

You get to every home game and suck up the pathetic performances ..... Randy nowhere to be seen!

You've just witnessed a dire performance yet again and the next day the ticket office are on the phone asking for another £25-40 to see the same next week.

How many years has this gone on for?! It's taking the Proverbial! Every home game 36,000 turn up. Unbelievable. It's great support it really is. Well I'll tell you what I think. I think that unless we get some words of real assurance from the RL or PF then I'd say stuff'em! All they have to do is be honest and tell us what the plan is in detail. What will be available to the manager in the summer? And all this talk of a new contract has to stop. He hasn't proved yet that he can get us playing well consistently for 90 minutes of a single game!

It's about time we held the club to ransom until they speak with purpose,clarity and with a definite shared vision. Rant over.

• Like 2

John you obviously haven't read what I posted today about fees and wages otherwise you wouldn't have said that. Both managers you mentioned in their respective seasons shipped out high earners on free transfers and both had negative net transfer spends.

#21 Trinity Kid

Academy

New Members

4 posts

0 warning points

Posted Today, 07:41 PM

I haven't renewed since Mcleish was installed as manager. I'd previously been a sth for the last 10 years. I was disgusted with the the board/ owner not listening to the fans with regard to the appointment.

Similar to above, I've really missed being there when we had obviously played well. At those times I'm usually there the next home game, only to see us get done 3-0 by Everton, Wigan West Ham ect.

I'll tell you this now, as much as I know we had to go through some pain to get our finances in order, what RL demanded of the villa faithful whilst giving precious little back is disgusting.

Two winter transfer windows in and in real need of investment and.....nothing.

You get to every home game and suck up the pathetic performances ..... Randy nowhere to be seen!

You've just witnessed a dire performance yet again and the next day the ticket office are on the phone asking for another £25-40 to see the same next week.

How many years has this gone on for?! It's taking the Proverbial! Every home game 36,000 turn up. Unbelievable. It's great support it really is. Well I'll tell you what I think. I think that unless we get some words of real assurance from the RL or PF then I'd say stuff'em! All they have to do is be honest and tell us what the plan is in detail. What will be available to the manager in the summer? And all this talk of a new contract has to stop. He hasn't proved yet that he can get us playing well consistently for 90 minutes of a single game!

It's about time we held the club to ransom until they speak with purpose,clarity and with a definite shared vision. Rant over.

Have to agree.

The silence coming out of VP from Lerner and Faulkner is deafening.

There is more info coming from the owner at SHA and he is pretty much under house arrest in China.

The owner and CEO at Villa are an absolute disgrace. They have no connection with the fans and treat them like dirt.

• Like 1

John you obviously haven't read what I posted today about fees and wages otherwise you wouldn't have said that. Both managers you mentioned in their respective seasons shipped out high earners on free transfers and both had negative net transfer spends.

And both made the same mistakes of giving average players big contracts that caused us issues. Because Lerner hired shit managers. I notice you ignore the £18 million paid in compensation.

I wouldn't know about the amount of compensation payments but I highly doubt we paid two managers a total of 18m.

Your being captain hindsight today.

I believe the compensation figure was in the official accounts.

Once again no hindsight from me in regards to houllier and McLeish

Out of interest what players did Houllier ship out during his 7 months here that resulted in a negative transfer spend?

Sidwell and Davies were both let go in January and Carew went out on loan to Stoke.

We signed Bent and Makoun on permanent deals and Bradley and Walker on loan in January. We also bought in Pires in the October. Total outlay around 30 mill in fees and 200k a week in wages.

There is no way under Houllier we had a negative transfer net spend.

Edited by markavfc40

I wouldn't know about the amount of compensation payments but I highly doubt we paid two managers a total of 18m.

You're spot on with the compensation figure.

Thought I was, cheers Risso.

So basically we paid £18 million for two managers to add expensive contracts to the club and help drop the club further down the league. And people actually defend the owner.

Thought I was, cheers Risso.

So basically we paid £18 million for two managers to add expensive contracts to the club and help drop the club further down the league. And people actually defend the owner.

Thank god we were cost cutting at the time.

**** clowns.

Faulkner is the easy one to blame for those that still can't bring themselves to criticise an owner who has dropped us to this disgusting level.

On the other hand, solely blaming the owner like this post does is also an easy thing to do
You mean the man with the overall power at the club? Yeah crazy to do that. Let's blame a guy he employed who no one really knows what he does.
Says the Blackburn fan. Wonder if it would go down well if I went on their forum and suggested Venky's weren't the problem.
I said solely. Lerner hasn't been a good owner, but that's largely because his managerial appointments and managers have failed. So, he takes some* responsibility for hiring the managers that spent poorly, but likewise, the managers like mcleish take some responsibility for being so inept in the transfer market.

And please, lerner isn't nearly as bad as the Venky's.

*some meaning a large portion.

Trying...to...find...where.. I said Lerner and Venkys were as bad as each other....
You said you wondered how it would go down if you went to a blackburn forum and said Venkys aren't the problem. Which is making a like for like comparison, they aren't really comparable. Also, I never said lerner hasn't been a problem, i said he should take a good amount of the blame. You stated that it was like you saying on a blackburn forum Venkys aren't the problem, when that's not even what I said about lerner

John, the owner is at fault, but so are a catalogue of poor buys from respective managers.

Is been a plethora of poor decision making at B6

Trouble is you can't really sack the owner

There have plenty of instances over the years of poor chairmen/owners.....and good managers have just got on with it and won things despite them.

It comes down to good purchases and good coaching.

Faulkner is the easy one to blame for those that still can't bring themselves to criticise an owner who has dropped us to this disgusting level.

On the other hand, solely blaming the owner like this post does is also an easy thing to do
You mean the man with the overall power at the club? Yeah crazy to do that. Let's blame a guy he employed who no one really knows what he does.
Says the Blackburn fan. Wonder if it would go down well if I went on their forum and suggested Venky's weren't the problem.
I said solely. Lerner hasn't been a good owner, but that's largely because his managerial appointments and managers have failed. So, he takes some* responsibility for hiring the managers that spent poorly, but likewise, the managers like mcleish take some responsibility for being so inept in the transfer market.

And please, lerner isn't nearly as bad as the Venky's.

*some meaning a large portion.

Trying...to...find...where.. I said Lerner and Venkys were as bad as each other....
You said you wondered how it would go down if you went to a blackburn forum and said Venkys aren't the problem. Which is making a like for like comparison, they aren't really comparable. Also, I never said lerner hasn't been a problem, i said he should take a good amount of the blame. You stated that it was like you saying on a blackburn forum Venkys aren't the problem, when that's not even what I said about lerner

Blackburn fan telling Villa fans what they should think.

Villa fan telling Blackburn fans - potentially.

There is the comparison, you can have this one for free.

Â