The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I don't subscribe to the Sun. I just saw the link and thought I'd pass it on. Not really news to us supporters, but interesting that it's hit mainstream media.

I still think we're a prime target for significant investment. We'd be right at the top of the list if somebody wanted to invest in a Premier League club and turn them into a powerhouse á la Man City.

DWG?

Huh?

I don't subscribe to the Sun. I just saw the link and thought I'd pass it on. Not really news to us supporters, but interesting that it's hit mainstream media.

I still think we're a prime target for significant investment. We'd be right at the top of the list if somebody wanted to invest in a Premier League club and turn them into a powerhouse á la Man City.

DWG?

Huh?

I take it he's talking about "Dalian Wanda Group"

• Like 1

I think the people of this forum have enough sense not to be paid subscribers of The Sun+ :D. Shocking rag.

I haven't subscribed to Sun+ but I do get the paper every day just for the welcoming smile on page three.

• Like 1

DWG?

Huh?

I take it he's talking about "Dalian Wanda Group"

Have I missed something?

Dunno, some people thought they were after us or they were looking to invest into a team. They already said they hadn't made any moves for Southampton.

Edited by Daniel

How is this even news much less an "exclusive"? If someone had come in with 200m 2-3 years ago he'd have sold us in an instant aswell.

"Lerner willing to sell" is nothing new we've all guessed that after the past 2-3 years, someone in the process of buying us would be news but that aint happening.

This is the sun+ article in full someone on another site has sun+

ASTON VILLA FOR SALE - £200 MILLION The American tycoon, who bought the club from Doug Ellis for £63m in 2006, is actively looking for a new owner who can inject more funds into Villa and take them forward. Lerner, 51, has been hoping for a wealthy United States investor to buy Villa. His inflated asking price takes into account the £250m he has spent on players, plus redeveloping facilities. Lerner knows he will not recoup all the cash but has been encouraged by the £190m Mohamed Fayed received from Shahid Khan for Fulham. A source said: “Randy has been open to offers for Villa from some time — but wants quite a lot of money from the club. “He has seen the £190m sale of Fulham but about £35m of that was a premium for it being a London-based club.” The value of Prem clubs is soaring because of the new TV deal which pays at least £40m a season. A deal could take around three months to complete and any buyer would wait to be sure Villa will definitely be a top-flight side next season before finalising a deal. Former Villa boss Gerard Houllier, global sports director for Red Bull, has already gone public to state his company are not interested in tabling a bid.

from the SUN article pulled it off another forum (cant believe somebody has a sun account ffs)

Â