The Randy Lerner thread

CI

According to the Fulham pre-match show on AVTV RL "designed" this year's away kit. Good work, but it makes me think he's probably also responsible for the badge.

Which means that he is responsible for the fact that there is no claret in our shirts, only purple.

Somebody needs to sit him down and point out the error of his ways. Claret and Blue only please.

Me and a friend came up with a (pretty farfetched) idea that Lerner buying Aston Villa might have been part of some crazy Inheritance clause.

You know, like in Brewster's Millions.

In order for Lerner to get his full inheritance he had to spunk away silly amounts of money during a limited time with no chance of doing any profit.

No better way than buying a "Soccer" team, huge money involved and 0% chance of doing any profit.

Whatever the terms Lerner has now fulfilled them and moved on to spending money on the things he loves, like art and jets.

It started our really good, but fizzled out. Still not the worst plot ever.

Still like the remake with Richard Pryor better...

Thy actually makes a lot of sense.

One I my favourite films of all time

• Like 1

You cannot blame lerner for the tactics, motivation and training of players. Ok we haven't spent the money, but there's better players out there for the money we have spent. We have seen this team beat Man City and Arsenal with good passing football. You should be asking Lambert where that's gone.....?

You cannot blame lerner for the tactics, motivation and training of players. Ok we haven't spent the money, but there's better players out there for the money we have spent. We have seen this team beat Man City and Arsenal with good passing football. You should be asking Lambert where that's gone.....?

We didn't beat Man City with good passing football.

Today we had a thread-bare squad, which showed a lack of depth, which in turn is caused by cost cutting.

We didn't beat Man City with good attacking football. That game was just endless repeats of Guzan hoofing it to Kozak.

You can main about Lambert all you want but he can only work with what he's been given. Lerner may not train the players but he does pay for them to be there in the first place. You wouldn't enter a mini into a formula 1 race in the hope of beating anyone. You wouldn't put Wiggins on a box and expect him to win the Tour De France.

Lambert can try and try to play to a certain style but if the player's that he's got aren't good enough then what do you expect? People can't say "well he chose them" because you can't expect to get a decent pint when you're drinking from the bottom of the barrel.

Lambert is nothing special as a manager but seriously what quality player is coming to us for the wages lowton, Westwood, sylla etc.. Are on?

Its premiership mediocrity on a low budget. Most would take that this season but what does the future hold under a complete proven failure.

Lambert is nothing special as a manager but seriously what quality player is coming to us for the wages lowton, Westwood, sylla etc.. Are on?

Its premiership mediocrity on a low budget. Most would take that this season but what does the future hold under a complete proven failure.

Who is the proven failure? Lerner?

Of course.

Of course.

Proven failure in what aspect though? I guess the Browns stuff didn't go too well but he is obviously successful in other business ventures or he wouldn't be loaded. 

I think we'll only know the true plan for the future if we progress and finish mid-table or higher this season. If we finish 10th for example, we should obviously see some financial input that will see us push on to get higher up next season. If we don't see such input then we can safely say it is a wrap with Mr. Lerner.

Of course.

Proven failure in what aspect though? I guess the Browns stuff didn't go too well but he is obviously successful in other business ventures or he wouldn't be loaded. 

As is the case with many multi millionaires he inherited the lot. No problem with that of course but it does mean when it comes to running a business it appears he doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

When he first joined the club due to his lack of knowledge he should have gotten someone in to work alongside him with some combined football/business knowledge. Much like the role David Dein did for years at Arsenal. I still don't think he has got it right with Faulkner.

Lambert needs to share his portion of the blame for the tripe we have often served up under him but he has had to bring the players in that his budget would allow. In terms of fees on the surface he has been given a decent amount. However when you consider the amount of players we have had to buy and the wages we have been prepared to pay over the last couple of years it is no surprise we have ended up with a very poor squad of players overall.

Edited by markavfc40

You can blame him for the standard of player we sign these days though, and they're Championship standard players by the way.

He has assembled the poorest squad of players I've seen since we were relegated back in '87. They're really not fit to wear our famous claret and blue. The way we bow down to practically every team we play these days is quite humiliating for a club as grand as ours. The sooner he sells up the better.

As requested moved to this thread.

I said since Lerner had taken over the club in 2006, and there has been obvious and substantial improvements in regards to the commercial and marketing side (I provided some examples/proof). But it is easy to compare with a different club and make an unfair argument to support a bitter perspective.

An unfair argument? If you're not comparing to other clubs then what's the point? The bottom line is we are no better of than when under Doug compared to other teams. Who cares that its improved because more money is coming into the game when its giving us no advantage over other teams.

I have experienced the last three years but I am trying to be reasonable about Lerner. Why do you feel so threaten by Randy Lerner's ownership?

You're not being reasonable, your ignoring facts to paint a picture of a good owner. I'm not threatened I just think he's been terrible as an owner.

The focus is sustainable ambition which I feel we are trying to attempt under Lambert. If you are not excited by younger players with great potential and building a team for the future, then what are you excited by?

I'm excited by the team improving and doing well. Not by mediocrity so a billionaire can make sure he's OK.

Â