Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

To the same tune that every single club (especially in the MLS now, for some reason) uses:

His name's* Yacouba Sylla, Sylla, Sylla,

He **** loves* the Villa, the Villa, the Villa.

Oooooooooooooooh, oooooooooooooooh

*These first bits may vary 

Edited by ArteSuave

To the same tune that every single club (especially in the MLS now, for some reason) uses:

I genuinely don't know the tune?

I've tweeted him and Benteke too. I'm in the want him to stay camp now too, just one more year! New contract with 55 -60 k? Plus incentives based on our league position etc? At least we would be better prepared next summer with the knowledge that he's going but will still put a shift in and even have the possibility to earn a bigger move. (my mind changes on a daily basis)

This is what boredom does to me.

His name's Yacouba, Yacouba Sylla

With yellow highlights in his hair, and his death-inducing stare

He drives Benteke, and hates not winning

And while he's playing like a star, Tonev hit them from afar

He always wants the ball, his tackles break the bone

He is young and loves the Villa

Who could ask for more?

His name's Yacouba , Yacouba Sylla

Signed from Clermont by Paul Lambert

His name's Yacouba, Yacouba Sylla

Tackling and passing were always his passion

His name's Yacouba

He loves Villa.

:lol:

Edited by adz.villa

I've just tweeted Benteke, Sylla, Baker, Vlaar and Guzan (the only official Villa players I follow, that I'm bothered about keeping!).. My tweet said 'stay here, we will suceed' in French, with that picture of Benteke, Sylla, Lowton & Westwood hugging after Lowton's wonder goal!

*waits for the inevitable retreat by Sylla!*

EDIT: Haha, bloody autocorrect! 'retweet' not retreat!!

Edited by Rob182

I dont' think it's a coincidence that our form improved when Sylla came into the team and Bannan was sidelined.

Do you have any stats to back this up?

;)

Preferably heatmaps.

• Like 2

I genuinely don't know the tune?

The original song is "I Will Follow Him" from back in the 1960s:

Sylla's looking great in pre-season, I think he is the midfield enforcer we've been looking for. He's just an animal in the Bochum highlights.

Spoke to someone who has been out in Germany watching villa - Reckoned that Sylla has looked really, really good. Did well in hia few games last season - and still seemed to be improving ......has lambert plucked another gem here ?

Spoke to someone who has been out in Germany watching villa - Reckoned that Sylla has looked really, really good. Did well in hia few games last season - and still seemed to be improving ......has lambert plucked another gem here ?

As his confidence grows I think he could well be heading in the direction of one of our top performers.

He's constantly moving around and at the end of last season, as he started to adapt to the pace of the league, his closing down was top notch.

Hopefully he takes that into next season.

I dont' think it's a coincidence that our form improved when Sylla came into the team and Bannan was sidelined.

I disagree-N'Zog was playing in that position when we began to turn the corner.I do think that the way we play requires someone solid like Sylla in there though.

As for the song-The Sylla one is great but in general,its a song sung by this new craze "ultra" type of people & I can't get my head around it all tbh-Celtic,St Pauli,Brigada 1874? whats the connection? It seems a bit political to me.

I believe so, I think he was an absolute bargin.

• Like 1

Â