Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I'm not saying it is. I'm saying u don't NEED to buy into anything. Less face it, u either do or u don't. If u do, u will accept small progress this season in the anticipation and hope of it is another stepping stone to better things. If you don't, well u pay your money u are entitled to feel the team should be doing so much better. It's all down to what u expect in the managers second season and with what little resources he has had!

OK HH we had a good finish to the end of last season and were playing some attractive attacking football then in the summer PL gets a further £20m to reinforce the squad and bring in more players could you please give us your thoughts on why the performances seem to have dropped off this season?

At the end of last season we had three strikers playing the best football of their careers and also a Right Back who hit a golden streak of form. 

And a large part of a managers jobs is to ensure that these players maintain performances. IMO he burnt out Lowton and Weimann.

He also rushed back Benteke from injury.

Personally, I'm tired of changing managers so regularly. I see what other clubs have been doing and want no part of it. A temporary boost in position may help those currently in the relegation zone but, in my opinion, it rarely helps them in the long run.

Have I been disappointed by how we've been playing occasionally, especially at home? Sure. Who wouldn't be. But I'm not ready to pull the plug on this version of the rebuild just yet.

Would be nice to use some money on a player or upgrading facilities than on a settlement fee for an axed manager for a change.

• Like 4

Well another ITK gone due to the utter madness of VT.

As much ITK as anyone else on this board tbh. 

Coaching staff? Imagine if this or similar was true what happens at Villa if he can't handle a couple of opinions on a message board. Too sensitive to stay on a highly moderated message board  :cry :cry :cry

• Like 1

Madness such as putting it to him that the figures he kept promoting were clearly false?

Do we even want an ITK who clearly gives bogus information just to protect the manager then just dodges the issue when this is exposed?

• Like 1

As much ITK as anyone else on this board tbh. 

Coaching staff? Imagine if this or similar was true what happens at Villa if he can't handle a couple of opinions on a message board. Too sensitive to stay on a highly moderated message board  :cry :cry :cry

It's a fact that HH is ITK. I don't even know why people still deny this.

Edited by Mantis

This forum is annoying sometimes.  Lets be honest.  The truth is somewhere between what HH is saying and what the most negative fans on here are saying (pick a member, there is plenty).   HH is obviously biased but makes some valid points.  The neg brigade are obviously biased because they want to be proved right but again they make some good points.  What we don't need though is fans calling for his head when we are **** 11th!  That's right **** 11th!  Yes the football has been shit, yes some of the signings have not performed so far and yes PL has had a shocker with tactics.  However, it is also true that he has had to build a whole bloody club from top to bottom on a Lidl budget.  You try feeding a family of 6 on a £20 pw budget and see how their health detoriates.  PL is doing a decent job, not great and certainly not shit.  Fans need to wake up and get behind the team.  I work with footballers on a regular basis and I know that the atmosphere in a ground has a massive effect on them.  Right now VP is a terrible place to call home.  I don't blame the fans really considering what we have watched these last few years.  However, we need to do what we did in the second half of last season and get behind them.  Yes performances have been poor but results haven't.  If we continue moaning the first time a pass has been misplaced then we might as well pack up now and wait till next season when we open the season against Yeovil.

Well put.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Awww dayum, Villatalk has gone and scared HairyHands off. Knew this would happen at some point. Can't we just put up with his emotive reasoning in exchange for the interesting information he gives to us? 

But u have to play what suits the players. Players dictate systems. Let's say a creative player comes in, don't u think the system will be changed to utilise them? There isn't anyone who can create or control a game right now.

But these are PL players now! Why out of 16 players has PL chosen not to buy a creative player? He's bought Helenius, Tonev, Bennett, Bowery and KEA who are at best squad fillers and their absence would not be noted. We are better but still not great defensively but this seems to be at the expense of possession and passing?

because you cant buy fillet steak with value mince money

.....and you've no responded to my earlier post regarding your plan to operate for two seasons with a 15 man squad

Well maybe that's the reason why most of us are so frustrated! We should have the money for fillet steak it's only because Lerner has ruined our club by pissing money up the wall on rubbish players and rubbish managers over the past few years that we are buying value mince.

I looked at your LONG answer yes maybe 4 players would have been a little to light but I think our current Premier League squad is bolstered to the 25 with a few youth players who have never played for the first team and you haven't counted them. Plus having looked at some of the transfers over the past few seasons for my £10m we could have got a Cabeye, Ben Arfa, Yacob and Figeroua OK we would have blown the ridiculous wages budget  but hey-ho! If Lerner wants a Premier League team on Championship wages then he's more of a fool than I thought.

Regarding burning out Lowton and Weimann, and returning Benteke too soon from injury; bullshit.

We had no qualifiers, we are not in Europe, we were kicked out of the Capital One Cup and we haven't even played in the FA Cup yet. So how can a player we burnt out?

These are professional footballers and we have professional coaches as well as medical teams, it's not Lambert who makes that call at all. He asks the medical staff, then he asks the player. Two OK's and the player is in the team.

• Like 1

Madness such as putting it to him that the figures he kept promoting were clearly false?

Do we even want an ITK who clearly gives bogus information just to protect the manager then just dodges the issue when this is exposed?

Tbf mate whilst £43m sounds a decent figure, given that PL has lost a lot of players he has had to buy a whole squad of players with that, which works out at about £2.5m per player, hardly great investment.

I agree that the football hasn't been great at times this year and that certainly needs to improve, but until he is allowed to shop outside the lower league's I think it's to early to judge.

But u have to play what suits the players. Players dictate systems. Let's say a creative player comes in, don't u think the system will be changed to utilise them? There isn't anyone who can create or control a game right now.

But these are PL players now! Why out of 16 players has PL chosen not to buy a creative player? He's bought Helenius, Tonev, Bennett, Bowery and KEA who are at best squad fillers and their absence would not be noted. We are better but still not great defensively but this seems to be at the expense of possession and passing?

because you cant buy fillet steak with value mince money

.....and you've no responded to my earlier post regarding your plan to operate for two seasons with a 15 man squad

Well maybe that's the reason why most of us are so frustrated! We should have the money for fillet steak it's only because Lerner has ruined our club by pissing money up the wall on rubbish players and rubbish managers over the past few years that we are buying value mince.

I looked at your LONG answer yes maybe 4 players would have been a little to light but I think our current Premier League squad is bolstered to the 25 with a few youth players who have never played for the first team and you haven't counted them. Plus having looked at some of the transfers over the past few seasons for my £10m we could have got a Cabeye, Ben Arfa, Yacob and Figeroua OK we would have blown the ridiculous wages budget  but hey-ho! If Lerner wants a Premier League team on Championship wages then he's more of a fool than I thought.

I absolutely agree....so why moan at Lambert when it is clearly Lerner who has set the budget.

and on your other points 24 of the 25 man permeiership squad would not be considered 'youth players'

It would be nice to have Cabeye, Ben Afra, Yacob  but in any real world scenario we would have needed to sign a LB, CB and RB amongst your 4 x £10m players

Edited by VillaCas

Loving this forum today. Very fiery!

I can't remember if it's always like this in the run up to Xmas but one plausible theory is that everyone's been overindulging at their Xmas parties, then head straight for Villatalk and open both barrels!

Can't name individual posters who have made me laugh a lot over the past couple of pages because that's a VT crime, but they know who they are.

I'm stone-cold sober, so let me lob in one point. Getting your team to 11th in the Premier League does not exempt a manager from criticism if the football is often dire, particularly at VP where most of the paying fans go to watch them.

Look at the flak McL was taking when we were ninth at a similar point in his season.

So will people please stop just trotting out the "We're 11th" slogan as if it is any form of argument.

• Like 4

The ITK's are easily startled but they'll soon be back, and in greater numbers

maxresdefault.jpg

:crylaugh:

What a perfect use of that image!

Yup that's where the quote's from, he was fast

Loving this forum today. Very fiery!

I can't remember if it's always like this in the run up to Xmas but one plausible theory is that everyone's been overindulging at their Xmas parties, then head straight for Villatalk and open both barrels!

Can't name individual posters who have made me laugh a lot over the past couple of pages because that's a VT crime, but they know who they are.

I'm stone-cold sober, so let me lob in one point. Getting your team to 11th in the Premier League does not exempt a manager from criticism if the football is often dire, particularly at VP where most of the paying fans go to watch them.

Look at the flak McL was taking when we were ninth at a similar point in his season.

I'm pissed, go away and leave this forum to us drunks ;-)

So will people please stop just trotting out the "We're 11th" slogan as if it is any form of argument.