Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I'm not saying it is. I'm saying u don't NEED to buy into anything. Less face it, u either do or u don't. If u do, u will accept small progress this season in the anticipation and hope of it is another stepping stone to better things. If you don't, well u pay your money u are entitled to feel the team should be doing so much better. It's all down to what u expect in the managers second season and with what little resources he has had!

If this is the case then perhaps it should be relayed to the fans so we all know where we going and what the plan is. Perhaps saying your present players aren't good enough is damaging to the team as it stands today, either way its a fine balancing act between keeping the fans happy, at home and the players happy on the pitch. 

How much did that Bradford team that knocked us out over 2 legs last season cost?

The same cost when they beat Arsenal (Champions League) and Wigan (FA cup winners) in a one-off game.

Exactly, so why bring up the cost of our team over and over again?

I'm not saying it is. I'm saying u don't NEED to buy into anything. Less face it, u either do or u don't. If u do, u will accept small progress this season in the anticipation and hope of it is another stepping stone to better things. If you don't, well u pay your money u are entitled to feel the team should be doing so much better. It's all down to what u expect in the managers second season and with what little resources he has had!

If this is the case then perhaps it should be relayed to the fans so we all know where we going and what the plan is. Perhaps saying your present players aren't good enough is damaging to the team as it stands today, either way its a fine balancing act between keeping the fans happy, at home and the players happy on the pitch. 

The best way to convince fans is by winning. 

OK HH we had a good finish to the end of last season and were playing some attractive attacking football then in the summer PL gets a further £20m to reinforce the squad and bring in more players could you please give us your thoughts on why the performances seem to have dropped off this season?

At the end of last season we had three strikers playing the best football of their careers and also a Right Back who hit a golden streak of form. 

But u have to play what suits the players. Players dictate systems. Let's say a creative player comes in, don't u think the system will be changed to utilise them? There isn't anyone who can create or control a game right now.

But these are PL players now! Why out of 16 players has PL chosen not to buy a creative player? He's bought Helenius, Tonev, Bennett, Bowery and KEA who are at best squad fillers and their absence would not be noted. We are better but still not great defensively but this seems to be at the expense of possession and passing?

But u have to play what suits the players. Players dictate systems. Let's say a creative player comes in, don't u think the system will be changed to utilise them? There isn't anyone who can create or control a game right now.

But these are PL players now! Why out of 16 players has PL chosen not to buy a creative player? He's bought Helenius, Tonev, Bennett, Bowery and KEA who are at best squad fillers and their absence would not be noted. We are better but still not great defensively but this seems to be at the expense of possession and passing?

It isn't rocket science is it.....look at the team now with all the injuries and suspensions, we can barely put a team out, but in your opinnion instead of buying players to fill out a thredbare squad he should have put all his eggs in one basket and brought a creative player.

But to answer your question there probably wasn't a dcent player available for 3mill and 10k a week.

Villa Cas

I'm blaming poor signings....make your own mind up who bought them.

Do you think Lambert would have prefered to sign say Sissoko or Sylla?

Do you think he would have prefered Kiyotake to say Helenius?

Do you think we would be better with Tonev up front or Lukaku?

or are you like another well known poster on here who believes that if you look hard enough you could pick up 16 Roy Keanes

It's just nonesense to moan about a managers siginings without first considering the finances available

How much did that Bradford team that knocked us out over 2 legs last season cost?

How much did the Manchester City team cost we beat? Over the course of a season, money talks! Fancy making a point that is worth discussing.......go on, engage your brain ;)

Sure, can you please ask Lambert what he learned last season during this very difficult Christmas period and what he's done this season to make sure it doesn't repeat itself. Come back with an answer and we'll discuss that.

This is genuine concern for me, MON who imo was a very limited manager never managed to solve his problem with us and we always plummeted during the spring, so far Lambert to me also seems limited and oldschool, very much alike to MON. I really hope he has learned from last season

because you cant buy fillet steak with value mince money

.....and you've no responded to my earlier post regarding your plan to operate for two seasons with a 15 man squad

My thoughts on Lambert are he is not tactically savvy. He seems to get the initial set up right from time to time, but when it is wrong it takes him ages to switch it up. He is also caught out often by the opposing manager's substitutions.

That being said, I still want Lambert here for one very simple reason. Any monkey can be taught football tactics. They are not that difficult to understand, and, like anything else, you get better with repetition.

Lambert has a skill that cannot be taught, however. His man management abilities seems to be too drawer. The players like to play for him and always put in a shift. Those skills cannot be ignored, and after three consecutive managers that could not maintain relationships with thier players, I am shocked no one else has mentioned this particular talent of Lambert's.

Perhaps if you could spare an afternoon to bring Lambert up to speed, everything would be alright

(you really do get all sorts on this forum)

So you think it is rocket science? Coaching is quite easy. Managing is another story. I would direct your attention to Old Trafford for a perfect example.

My thoughts on Lambert are he is not tactically savvy. He seems to get the initial set up right from time to time, but when it is wrong it takes him ages to switch it up. He is also caught out often by the opposing manager's substitutions.

That being said, I still want Lambert here for one very simple reason. Any monkey can be taught football tactics. They are not that difficult to understand, and, like anything else, you get better with repetition.

Lambert has a skill that cannot be taught, however. His man management abilities seems to be too drawer. The players like to play for him and always put in a shift. Those skills cannot be ignored, and after three consecutive managers that could not maintain relationships with thier players, I am shocked no one else has mentioned this particular talent of Lambert's.

Perhaps if you could spare an afternoon to bring Lambert up to speed, everything would be alright

(you really do get all sorts on this forum)

So you think it is rocket science? Coaching is quite easy. Managing is another story. I would direct your attention to Old Trafford for a perfect example.

...are you drunk??

Edited by VillaCas

Isa......I find u a very unhappy man. So tell me, has the manager had more than enough money? He has spent, in my opinion, peanuts for the rebuilding job required. You are boring me a little now. Actually, quite a lot.

As does your neverending whitewashing bore me. Despite Lambert claiming most of the reported fees last season were false, the accounts show this wasn't the case.

So with this in mind, can you stop going on about how little he has to spend if that is at all possible? £43m in two seasons isn't to be scoffed at.