Paul Lambert

Pilchard

We don't? Weimann, Sylla, Benteke and I bet Gardner would've got a fair chance if he'd been fit? Or are you talking about teenagers? Whilst it might be exciting to have a teenager in the team now and then, I'm glad they haven't got that many chances this year. They need more experienced players to carry them.

Yes im talking about teenagers and yes the big problem for us is the lack of experienced players and balance in the squad.

I love the fact that Weimann is playing a lot and well for us

because Gabby has always scored important goals for Villa

Meh good point, but he scored 5 goals last season in the prem and 3 before that... as a striker that's not exactly ideal. I keep seeing it pop up gabby this and that now. I really hope he does start kicking in from now till the end of the season.

I tell you who we need ... Zoggy ! If we can get N'Zog to play well for the next few games that would be better, he kept wigan up single handedly before he came to us.

CNZ has not been good at all since joining Villa. He had one good half against West Ham and that is about it. Stephen Ireland was good a few seasons ago but I wouldn't want him anywhere near the team now either. I trust Lambert's judgement for not selecting CNZ or Ireland consistently and think that the bulk of his team selections are good for what he has to work with. Not sure about Bent though, that decision could cost us at the end of the season.

Oh, and I personally would never select Bannan over Delph or KEA as I think he is shit.

CNZ has not been good at all since joining Villa. He had one good half against West Ham and that is about it. Stephen Ireland was good a few seasons ago but I wouldn't want him anywhere near the team now either. I trust Lambert's judgement for not selecting CNZ or Ireland consistently and think that the bulk of his team selections are good for what he has to work with. Not sure about Bent though, that decision could cost us at the end of the season.

Oh, and I personally would never select Bannan over Delph or KEA as I think he is shit.

CNZ hasn't been nowhere near as bad as Ireland this year ? He done quality for weimann against QPR when he came on,Scored a quality freekick few games ago and i think i recall him winning a penalty after some tricky skill. But i agree he's been very average since he has joined including his consistency. Completely agree with the Bent bit aswell, could well cost us. Also yep, Bannan has played awful for a long while now. His crossing stats don't mean sht if hes playing CM.

Does anyone know what formation we play lately.  Is it a 442 or a 433 or even a 451.  Maybe thats what lambert is trying to do, confuse the other teams because its confusing me.  I cant figure it out the past few weeks not matter how much i watch us.

Does anyone know what formation we play lately.  Is it a 442 or a 433 or even a 451.  Maybe thats what lambert is trying to do, confuse the other teams because its confusing me.  I cant figure it out the past few weeks not matter how much i watch us.

It's been 4231 since he scrapped the 352 system hasn't it?

For example:

Lowton - Vlaar - Clark - Bennett

Westwood - Delph

Weimann - N'Zogbia - Gabby

Benteke

• Like 1

Meh good point, but he scored 5 goals last season in the prem and 3 before that... as a striker that's not exactly ideal. I keep seeing it pop up gabby this and that now. I really hope he does start kicking in from now till the end of the season.

I tell you who we need ... Zoggy ! If we can get N'Zog to play well for the next few games that would be better, he kept wigan up single handedly before he came to us.

It would be great. But he has been rarely played 90 minutes since he came, that cant do his confidence any good. In my dream world the "real" Nzogbia starts playing for us and becomes a regular starter. I dont have much to go on beyond hope when it comes to Charles though. Boy it sure would be nice to have him come good now though. God knows we need him.

Except on Sunday. :(

that wasnt an important game ;)

It was massive. We got on top and didn't even get a point. At home. Imagine how much better we'd be feeling now if we'd even got a draw from that. (Although Gabby''s not the only culprit.)

Edited by briny_ear

It was massive. We got on top and didn't even get a point. At home. Imagine how much better we'd be feeling now if we'd even got a draw from that. (Although Gabby''s not the only culprit.)

As has already been said, all games are important but the Liverpool games pales in comparison to games like Sunderland, Fulham and Wigan. Losing against Liverpool wasn't a disaster (although it was disappointing). Losing to Sunderland or Wigan could be catastrophic.

As has already been said, all games are important but the Liverpool games pales in comparison to games like Sunderland, Fulham and Wigan. Losing against Liverpool wasn't a disaster (although it was disappointing). Losing to Sunderland or Wigan could be catastrophic.

Correct - in terms of points yield it wasn't a disaster.  

However being 1-0 at home against an average prem side & then end up with nothing is significant IMO

Correct - in terms of points yield it wasn't a disaster.  

However being 1-0 at home against an average prem side & then end up with nothing is significant IMO

Significant in what sense? Losing at home to Southampton and Wigan were far more significant.

I'm not saying it wasn't a poor showing but Liverpool are definitely above average and us losing out narrowly to them at home isn't what will send us down this seaosn (if we do indeed get relegated).

Worked a treat at as well. I was a little sceptical of what he could offer but apart from running the ball out of play once and not scoring that one opportunity I thought he had a very good game. Strong, decent touches, put pressure on stoke, decent movement.

Long may it continue.

Having a manager like Paul Lambert is refreshing and if we do go down I for one would like him to remain.