Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Got it right today, apart from Bowery 

Bowery didn't carry a threat, but he did at least look neat and tidy for the most part, he looks a good one-touch player to me.

I thought he done fine. Won a few great tackles round the middle

Got Bowery wrong

no idea why he is relying on him to help see us safe in these crucial games but hasn't given him a look in all season

im sure Gabby would have been in anyway and hopefully he is back for Spurs

i'm not expecting anything from Arsenal and Citeh games Paul but please for the love of God don't have us lose by 5,6 or 7 goals eh?

The fact Lambert has taken over from one of the worst managers in football, added over £20M worth of players, but still continued to break several unwanted records along the way, whilst also failing to beat McLeish on any positive stat (up to this point of the season) makes it early enough for me to think he's shite and way out of his depth.

That would make sense if the team was the same.

Villa this season are basically equal to a promoted team, their first season in the premier league.

Eck, had a premier league team and was still shite.

What a load of bollocks.

Lambert inherited the bulk of the team that was left behind by McLeish.

The fact that he has chosen to exclude a number of them from playing most games and brought in his own shit (Benteke possibly excluded) is his own doing and everything to do with his failures and incompetence as a PL manager.

Pacbuddies, look at the squads and you'll see you're wrong. 

Cuellar, PETROV!!! Collins, Dunne, Heskey, all gone and replaced with 20million, to a squad that was already thin. Like it or not all those players (maybe not Heskey) would have made a difference this season but they all had to go with the wage situation. This is not the team McLeish had with more players added. He's had one proper transfer window to turn this team around on a much lower budget - he's doing as expected in an insanely tough situation as far as I can see. 

• Like 1

The fact Lambert has taken over from one of the worst managers in football, added over £20M worth of players, but still continued to break several unwanted records along the way, whilst also failing to beat McLeish on any positive stat (up to this point of the season) makes it early enough for me to think he's shite and way out of his depth.

That would make sense if the team was the same.

Villa this season are basically equal to a promoted team, their first season in the premier league.

Eck, had a premier league team and was still shite.

What a load of bollocks.

Lambert inherited the bulk of the team that was left behind by McLeish.

The fact that he has chosen to exclude a number of them from playing most games and brought in his own shit (Benteke possibly excluded) is his own doing and everything to do with his failures and incompetence as a PL manager.

Pacbuddies, look at the squads and you'll see you're wrong. 

Cuellar, PETROV!!! Collins, Dunne, Heskey, all gone and replaced with 20million, to a squad that was already thin. Like it or not all those players (maybe not Heskey) would have made a difference this season but they all had to go with the wage situation. This is not the team McLeish had with more players added. He's had one proper transfer window to turn this team around on a much lower budget - he's doing as expected in an insanely tough situation as far as I can see. 

cuellar didnt play, petrov missed half the season, collins was awful, dunne is still here but injured, and heskey offered nothing. i'd say that he's pretty much had the same quality to work with

Wow what a surprise we look better with wide players.

Again today's game shows how much Lambert is to blame for our position.

He's starting to put it right though, lets hope it continues.

Exactly BJ10 and isn't it also amazing that when you shore up a glaring weakness (LB) you concede less.

Its just a pity that it has taken him almost two thirds of the season to replace stubbornness with sensibility.

Edited by Morpheus

Agreed.

It took nearly 20 games for houllier to finally realise Ashley Young is useless in the middle of the pitch. It seems to have taken the same amount of time for Lambert to realise we are much better with wide players.

It just shows a lot of our earlier problems were brought on by his managerial decisions.

The last 2 and a half games have been much better though.

Edited by Big_John_10

Made all the right decisions today, with the exception of Bowery.

I want to defend Lambert, and I want to get behind him, but a lot of these decisions are very basic, the kind of things that any one of us would be able to get right. The 352 system, playing Bennet, Bannan and no wide players are all things that could lead to our relegation, yet all things that were so obviously wrong. Even today he plays a striker on the wing when there are better options available. I don't know what goes through his head sometimes.

But, credit where it's due for today. He has made some good decisions, but it was hardly rocket science. 

Maybe not the right match for bowery today, but I do think he showed glimpses of what he can become today. 

For the most part he got it right today, no complaints for me. Did mostly what I would have done this match, so thumbs up. Imagine if it was holman starting on the right there, oh god. 

Wow what a surprise we look better with wide players.

Again today's game shows how much Lambert is to blame for our position.

He's starting to put it right though, lets hope it continues.

Exactly BJ10 and isn't it also amazing that when you shore up a glaring weakness (LB) you concede less.

Its just a pity that it has taken him almost two thirds of the season to replace stubbornness with sensibility.

Totally agree with this very very poor by Lambert not to notice what we saw in the first half of the season. No width, no win

Not even taking in the width when playing wingers in a 442 we also hold allot higher line up the pitch. When we do this we are like a totally diiferent team... Please please PL never change from a flat back 4 this season again

Maybe not the right match for bowery today, but I do think he showed glimpses of what he can become today. 

For the most part he got it right today, no complaints for me. Did mostly what I would have done this match, so thumbs up. Imagine if it was holman starting on the right there, oh god. 

Were you talking about today?

Made all the right decisions today, with the exception of Bowery.

I want to defend Lambert, and I want to get behind him, but a lot of these decisions are very basic, the kind of things that any one of us would be able to get right. The 352 system, playing Bennet, Bannan and no wide players are all things that could lead to our relegation, yet all things that were so obviously wrong. Even today he plays a striker on the wing when there are better options available. I don't know what goes through his head sometimes.

But, credit where it's due for today. He has made some good decisions, but it was hardly rocket science. 

Who were the wide players we had available though? N'Zogbia and Gabby were injured for quite some time. I think people forget things too easy. I also think the 352 was intended to give width, but it didn't work. That was indeed a rubbish formation.