Paul Lambert

Pilchard

He said its not about formations it's about players.

Why do we need a manager then. Hire a good scout to find players and just send them out.

What a fool.

Oh and even if it was just about players who chose to start bennet and chose to leave weimman on the bench?

The guy is useless.

It isn't a 3-5-2 at all Its a 5-3-2 all day long. The full backs should be forward but they are in a flat back 5 and the only two infront of them are Westwood and Bannan, so instead of having two banks of 4 to get through they can just pass it side to side with all the space in the world.

Its ok having 23m to spend when you can give players decent wages but when your restricted to having to get players in on shit wages then it obviously makea a big difference. the biggest mistake lambert made was taking this job in the first place.

Or in other words...."he was'nt up to the job". Which he clearly isnt.

Surely even the dumbest halfwit defender of Lambert cannot still believe he is the right man for the job!

I say sack him now. What **** worse can we do? In the relegation zone, can't beat our nearest rivals Wigan, Southampton and Newcastle at home (the last one registering their first away win of the season against our mugs!). The lowest scorers, the highest conceders, the worst goal difference. How could it possibly get any worse.

Come on defend him, where are you!!!

I dont think many people are defending him. Theyre just not slating him in a disrespectful pathetic way like some are. 

• Like 1

I think Lambert's not too bad when the pressure isn't on too much (like before Christmas) but when it gets cranked up like it has in the last few weeks he gets completely exposed. How on Earth is he going to handle the pressure we'll be under from day one in the Championship? All eyes will be on us from the very first game. Simple answer is he won't cope with it. Mark my words, we'll soon find ourselves battling to stay in the Championship if he's still our manager by then.

I just can't see how he could possibly keep his job when we go down. He'd just HAVE to be sacked.

Its ok having 23m to spend when you can give players decent wages but when your restricted to having to get players in on shit wages then it obviously makea a big difference. the biggest mistake lambert made was taking this job in the first place.

I disagree with you mate. As shit as this Villa team is Lambert is just not organising or getting the best out of them. **** Lamberts mistakes there's that many of them, the biggest mistake was Villa thinking he was the answer to our manager and stability problems. He will stabilise us though- in the championship!!

I just can't see how he could possibly keep his job when we go down. He'd just HAVE to be sacked.

I don't think he will. Noises from the club indicate they plan to stick with him even if we go down and I think when it does happen Lambert will still have more support from the fans than McLeish had, meaning that Lerner will feel less pressured to act this time around.

We'll start the season the way we finished this one and we'll find ourselves near the bottom of the Championship around Christmas before Lerner finally pulls the trigger.

Edited by Mantis

We looked far better in the 2nd half going 4-4-2 with Baker at LB and Gabby and Weemann on the wings... Bannan needs to **** off though. Why does he persist with this 3-5-2 which hasn't worked since we played Liverpool and got lucky only conceding 1?!

I was always confident Mcleish would be sacked.

It's not gonna happen here because I truly don't think Lerner cares if the club is relegated.

I was always confident Mcleish would be sacked.

It's not gonna happen here because I truly don't think Lerner cares if the club is relegated.

I disagree with you mate. As shit as this Villa team is Lambert is just not organising or getting the best out of them. **** Lamberts mistakes there's that many of them, the biggest mistake was Villa thinking he was the answer to our manager and stability problems. He will stabilise us though- in the championship!!

Yep, stablise us in the midlle of the table.  GT only just got us up first time round and he was far more experienced.  What make me laugh, is that Lerner is still going to have to spend even if we go down, so why not spend now?

Like you do when talking about Darren Bent?

Point me to where I have told Darren bent to F&*k Off etc? 

But I tell you what. Sat there on 70k a week taking the piss out of me - he would deserve it if I had.

Edited by Woodytom

So many football tactical geniuses on here.

Formations are not rigid and haven't been for a long time. Games are so dynamic and players are so athletic that 5 at the back is 4 at the back with a spare midfielder. Lambert and O'Neill and many other managers have said this. It's the best 11 players and the 'system' is secondary.

Newcastle spent a lot on players in January and we haven't. They already had a much better team than us. It's as simple as that.

So many football tactical geniuses on here.

Formations are not rigid and haven't been for a long time. Games are so dynamic and players are so athletic that 5 at the back is 4 at the back with a spare midfielder. Lambert and O'Neill and many other managers have said this. It's the best 11 players and the 'system' is secondary.

Newcastle spent a lot on players in January and we haven't. They already had a much better team than us. It's as simple as that.

If you actually watch the game you may also become a tactical genius.

I dont think many people are defending him. Theyre just not slating him in a disrespectful pathetic way like some are. 

Have I slated him in a disrespectful way? Have I amended his surname into some scottish piss take? I have criticised his ability.