Paul Lambert

Pilchard

It's an answer he should be making, it's not difficult, he should be saying along the lines, it's not good enough, the support has been brilliant and they deserve better.

Spot on. Not along the lines of...just those exact words. Lambert should realise today that even if Kendrick's been in his Mrs bed by not answering a question "from the fans" he's just outwitted you and made you look very foolish and unsympathetic. 

Do we have a PR dept? are they paid anything? cant they at least give him a script to follow?

Ive been thinking about the significance of wheels anyway....

Big Wheels keep on turning - even when the nuts havent been put on right and the wheel comes off, the car careers off the road bursts into flames but the wheel keeps on turning all the way down the road far away from the fiery mess it created................

What would he say? He could say anything and still get dogs abuse, probably fed up of it.

The reason he didn't answer it rightly or wrongly was the 'watch that' bit.

An apology to the fans for a spineless performance against a Championship side (who had just lost their two best forwards this window) would have been the order of the day.

Shocked by the amount of personal attacks I've seen on the manager, regardless of how he's performing. At the end of the day, he's trying his damnedest, but having little success on the field.

Another thing that's pissing me off is Kendrick, suddenly rounding on the manager. All season he supported the defeatist methods of McLeish, just because they were pally pally. Sickening really his behaviour.

• Like 1

McLeish is tactically smarter than Lambert.

Just let that sink in for a moment.

That is going a bit far.  I sympathise with Lambert for the squad he inherited and he has at least tried during the season to play football as well as go direct, also try different formations.  With no wingers at the club other than Albrighton and N'zgobia, who I'm sure he would have expected to be half-decent, there is little other option than to play narrow.  There is no excuse for Heskey on the right wing, however.

Whatever you think of the Birmingham Mail, this week they have decided to stand-up for the frustrated fans in their quest to get any answers from the higher echelons of this football club.

They created a big front-page lead on the Bradford debacle, sent an open letter to the Board and posted an article about six questions that they had sent which had fallen on death ears.

Lambert has clearly been told, on the back of that, to ignore questions from the Mail and indeed Mat Kendrick which is exactly what he did last night in petulant and disgraceful fashion. I am surprised more people are not mentioning this as it's a farce and in ignoring one local newspaper they are also ignoring the fans.

Get the hell out of my club Lerner, and take Lambert with you.   

Aren't good enough for what?

Because they kept us up last year under a manager who is widely regarded as the worst managers we've ever had.

So in your fairy tale, third grade world the 17th best team ever year is exactly the same quality as the 17th place team all the years before? There is no chance the quality of the league improved, thus making a squad that was barely good enough to avoid relegation not good enough to avoid relegation?

How about thisthen for a damning indictment on our current predicament

he Millwall captain scored a crucial equaliser to cancel out Darren
Bent's opener for the visitors - and he believed Paul Lambert's side
were scared of his physical presence.

"I was surprised because most of their defenders were kind of small,"
Shittu said. "The guy they put on me looked really worried. In the
second-half he was begging me not to score another goal

"It was about time I scored. I think this is the first time the
manager has told to go up for every set-piece and it was nice to be back
up there again. I'm usually on the half-way line.

"Their whole team looked vulnerable. We expected more from them to be honest because they are a Premier League side

http://he Millwall captain scored a crucial equaliser to cancel out Darren Bent's opener for the visitors - and he believed Paul Lambert's side were scared of his physical presence. "I was surprised because most of their defenders were kind of small," Shittu said. "The guy they put on me looked really worried. In the second-half he was begging me not to score another goal. "It was about time I scored. I think this is the first time the manager has told to go up for every set-piece and it was nice to be back up there again. I'm usually on the half-way line. "Their whole team looked vulnerable. We expected more from them to be honest because they are a Premier League side.

How about thisthen for a damning indictment on our current predicament

http://he Millwall captain scored a crucial equaliser to cancel out Darren Bent's opener for the visitors - and he believed Paul Lambert's side were scared of his physical presence. "I was surprised because most of their defenders were kind of small," Shittu said. "The guy they put on me looked really worried. In the second-half he was begging me not to score another goal. "It was about time I scored. I think this is the first time the manager has told to go up for every set-piece and it was nice to be back up there again. I'm usually on the half-way line. "Their whole team looked vulnerable. We expected more from them to be honest because they are a Premier League side.

Yep, we're a team of pussies. No bottle, no fight, no desire to rise to the occasion.

If Lambert is intentionally blanking the Evening Mail or if he's been instructed to then that is a **** disgrace.

They'll be blanking WM next who had Brian Doogan on last night (came out with some real bull shit) and have said they are working in getting Faulkner & or Lerner on over the next week to take questions from the fans.

If Lambert is intentionally blanking the Evening Mail or if he's been instructed to then that is a **** disgrace.

They'll be blanking WM next who had Brian Doogan on last night (came out with some real bull shit) and have said they are working in getting Faulkner & or Lerner on over the next week to take questions from the fans.

No **** way will Lerner do a phone in with questions from the fans.

Whatever you think of the Birmingham Mail, this week they have decided to stand-up for the frustrated fans in their quest to get any answers from the higher echelons of this football club.

They created a big front-page lead on the Bradford debacle, sent an open letter to the Board and posted an article about six questions that they had sent which had fallen on death ears.

Lambert has clearly been told, on the back of that, to ignore questions from the Mail and indeed Mat Kendrick which is exactly what he did last night in petulant and disgraceful fashion. I am surprised more people are not mentioning this as it's a farce and in ignoring one local newspaper they are also ignoring the fans.

Get the hell out of my club Lerner, and take Lambert with you.   

Agree, but not fully convinced this is fully the case:

Kendrick has been snubbed a few times by Lambert long before last night and I suspect that it is in fact either a personal decision or a Lambert-orchestrated decision to abandon the Birmingham Mail.

Not actually sure whether Kendrick is a Villa fan but regardless he does care about the club and in the past few weeks he has made some less than complimentary (and correct) remarks on Twitter about Lambert after the latter rudely blanked several of Kendrick's more investigative questions. Basically, I think that Lambert detests Mat Kendrick because he has often put him under pressure (more so than the board have done evidently) and he hasn't liked it because of either arrogance or ignorance (or probably both).

Either way, I think the vast majority of Villa fans are supporting the Mail on this one. It is Kendrick's job to get answers from the manager and it is not only an insult to him that he doesn't deem his questions response-worthy but it is an insult to the fans who want to know what he is doing to resolve this dreadful run.

When Lambert walks, who on here calling for him to go, has confidence in the "board" actually finding a replacement that will keep us up, and work under the same restrictions as Lambert?

Hands up all those who think everything will get better, because i see things only getting worse with/or without Lambert.

Thats not me backing him btw, just being realistic.