Paul Lambert

Pilchard

We aint down yet, we have to pray for a fluke result, anything just to give a bit of confidence to the team, maybe it could be Dunne coming back, achieving a clean sheet, a totally unexpected victory to restore hope.

We are on a downward spiral as the confidence is getting lower and lower, even PL comes across as defeated, we need something to pick everybody up, this is why I was hoping for a signing, something to give the players a bit of hope,

Devine intervention please.

He should have got, Ireland, Nzog, Bent, weimann maybe even Warnock playing from game one. Ok you can say there not good enough, but he is the manager, he is paid alot of money yo manage these premadonna players, to get them playing the top of there level, is this not what we employed him for because we thought McLeish couldn't do it and Lambert could. If he played these players consistantly im sure we would have had a middle table team by now. Swapping and changing the team is not the answer, damm the big problem is inconsistancy though we have completely fell apart now. You cannot play different teams week on week out, our team is too inexperienced for that, most of us fans csn see major problems with tactics and team selection, some players just can't play together but he still don't see this and still can't find his best team!!!For these reasons and for me there is no defence (no pun intended) he has to go!

Embarrassing, the guy totally ignores the here and now. Always refers to the money Randy has spent in the past. That's all good, but a lot of that money he has spent in the past, those players are not here anymore or are out of the picture. We need reinforcements for this current team, not one 2, 3 or 4 years ago. The current team is the worst I've ever seen at Villa. Deluded and seemingly blind that Doogan.

I still like Paul Lambert, the problem is he has one hand.... in fact scrub that he has both hands, tied behind his back. The one by having no power to bring in desperately needed new recruits, which he has no doubt identified having had enough time to fully assess the squad (apart from Dunne) & the other in that the players he has got keep making playground errors with basic defending from set pieces & missing sitters in front of goal...

They seem to have the attention span of a Gold fish & just switch off mentally in games. This is whats killing us in my opinion & what the causes of that are i would have down as they cannot handle pressure very well. Many of them have never experienced this kind of pressure before being from lower leagues or having never tasted the "goldfish bowl effect" that is the Premier League before. Now this has effected confidence compounding the issue. This would also explain the "headless chicken effect" which wreaks havoc when we concede a goal.

I do actually think if we could get a couple of back to back wins under our belts we would see a very different side... trouble is i simply cannot see any Premiership team gifting us a win at the moment which is what we need to start the ball rolling & especially not two in a row thats for sure.

As for the lapses in concentration it does make you wonder if there are issues regarding application & focus. It's almost as though there are dietary issues or some of the players are out on the lash the day before a game or something... Who knows but something doesn't add up quite right. It could of course be another sign that they are simply crumbling under the pressure due to being a bit "green" so to speak.

As for Lambert doing anything wrong, the only thing apparent is that It does "appear" that he makes some odd substitutions but then he has very few options & if the players were good enough we would still get results despite this. Added to that he obviously sees a lot more than we do of course so i am sure sometimes a substitution may seem odd to us but is done for reasons we are blissfully unaware of. The only other thing i would criticize is his body language at times. This definitely sends out bad signals which the players will pick up on & it does usually coincide with the "shoot ourselves in the foot sessions" which we seem to enjoy towards the end of every game... I wonder what our position would be if we removed the last 25 minutes of every game this season.... I don't think it's a coincidence that this is the "pressured" part of the game when the opposition are going for it more..

So do most of us really believe if Lambert had 40 million in the summer he would have bought the right players for a mid table finish??

I would have though the money in the summer spent a little more wisely on 1, 2 or even 3 experienced players would have been the way forward. Lambert should have known young inexperenced players in the premiership in complete no no!!

Edited by foreveryoung

Lamentable Lambert has done nothing wrong!!!!!  Are you joking.

This the clown that's been given £17-20M to build on a poor team & rather than recognising the blindingly obvious weaknesses in the team has wasted the money on buying lots of poor players.  Granted, Benteke is good & Westwood shows promise BUT Lowton's OK but nothing special, Bennett's a disgrace & can't defend (a bit of an oversight when buying a defender), Bowery's OK but we don't need any more strikers & the others are reserves.  For God's Sake Lambert what we needed was another decent CH & a DCM.  Wake up and play Warnock at LB we're paying his wages and he can at least tackle & doesn't look like a rabbit caught in the headlights.  Also, why sell a centre half who can head the ball when we haven't got a decent pool of CH's to replace him - surprise, surprise a CH has got injured & we have to play with Clark who can't win a header & is way out of his depth.

I'm not a fan of McLeish but we would not be in this position if he was still in charge.  Lambert has presided over the worst run of form in the club's history.  The clown started to believe his own publicity - the new MON, Brian Clough - you must be joking!

No prizes for guessing what we'll hear about 10pm on Tuesday night - "There's two ways you can take it........... We'll come out fighting........."  Yea, Yea, Yea

Firstly let me state I wanted Lambert first day, got swayed slightly with the OSG talk, but all in all I really want him to do well, but what really annoys me is at the start of the season we bought into this talk of teams who wanted to play for Aston Villa, and weren't after a quick buck, but then there's no fight in these boys, no hunger, no bodies on the line. I'm very disappointed, and beginning to fall out of love with the Villa again. :(

We aint down yet, we have to pray for a fluke result, anything just to give a bit of confidence to the team, maybe it could be Dunne coming back, achieving a clean sheet, a totally unexpected victory to restore hope.

We are on a downward spiral as the confidence is getting lower and lower, even PL comes across as defeated, we need something to pick everybody up, this is why I was hoping for a signing, something to give the players a bit of hope,

Devine intervention please.

Would it though? We all remember the form Liverpool were in and beating them 3-1 at Anfield..... Then after that words cannot describe how bad Villa have been.

Agreed we need another signing (or 11) but to me it looks like the directors/management believe we will be relegated so don't want to spend any money on players/wages.

I am getting more and more pessamistic every week, I am glad we went out to Millwall last night though, less games to play and less risk of injury.

Hopefully we beat Newcastle but can't see it happening myself unless all their new players fall out with one another from day one.

quote from Lambert's press conference last night:

"It's easy for me to say we practise in training, but we do. However, that's when your mate doesn't want to cut your eye in. In matches, you can't be afraid to get cut and get hurt."

seems I missed being a feline from my earlier list of reasons why the players are so shit.

Folks are mentioning N'Zogbia and Delph improving recently. Is that down to Lambert, their will to win or, the fact that they might just be trying to get themselves a new deal? I wonder.

if you mean new contracts at villa there's no need Delph's under contract till 2015 and Nzogbia 2016! if you mean elsewhere who knows. My point was every one of our players should be playing for their own personal pride right now. We might be seething right now but the rest of the footballing world is laughing at them. Nzogbia and Delph seem to have got that into their heads I reckon.......maybe the reason Lambert keeps saying "we cant lie down" is coz most of our Lions are really Lambs?

He should have got, Ireland, Nzog, Bent, weimann maybe even Warnock playing from game one. Ok you can say there not good enough, but he is the manager, he is paid alot of money yo manage these premadonna players, to get them playing the top of there level, is this not what we employed him for because we thought McLeish couldn't do it and Lambert could. If he played these players consistantly im sure we would have had a middle table team by now. Swapping and changing the team is not the answer, damm the big problem is inconsistancy though we have completely fell apart now. You cannot play different teams week on week out, our team is too inexperienced for that, most of us fans csn see major problems with tactics and team selection, some players just can't play together but he still don't see this and still can't find his best team!!!For these reasons and for me there is no defence (no pun intended) he has to go!

Needs to play a settled team undoubtedly. Defence has been crippled by injurys all season although we all have our opinions on hutton and warnock and that debate will run and run and run till they leave the wage bill. doesnt the fact that we're contemplating 2 of the worst players from last year being our "saviours" if we bring them back into the fold just prove we're scraping the barrell and need some new blood fast? I dont understand the benching of the senior players either to be honest especially as we need to sell them - why not have them in the shop window?......mind you i'll answer myself they are crap aren't they !

How a champions league winning midfielder, who played alongside Sammer, is in charge of a team with the worst central midfield i can ever remember in Claret and Blue is beyond me though. I've got to believe it's the players.

I think he's proving to be very stubborn with his tactics and that could be the difference. considering the amount of possession we already dont have in the opposition half every game (well the second half of every game anyway) what would be the harm of a back 4 and 2 holding midfielders (Clark/Herd/KEA/Westwood) and any 3 + Benteke running round like headless chickens occasionally spawning a chance here and there or giving it to Benteke to carve out a chance for himself which is pretty much the only reason we're out the bottom 3 at the moment?

I also reckon he's hanging Lowton and Bennett out to dry with the fans by not playing a 442 and giving them some help. 

I think he should try it now in the next few games. no point going and playing so open in the middle at Goodison Park or the Emirates imo and 2 home wins against Newcastle and West Ham who are both gonna battle are so desperately needed. If after the Man City game it's not working and we've seen no improvement its not going to matter that much as we'll need to beat everyone bar Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool to stay up.

Edited by VILLAMARV

Of all the **** seasons to go down villa would get this one ! FFS terrible

Someone made reference to the government cost cutting too quickly and the same could be applied to us. It's more to do with the timing CI than anything else.

We needed stability at the club after flirting with relegation over the previous two seasons. We employed a manager who had his own stagnant ideas on how he wanted to play and to date there has been no flexibility in that. Rather than trying to build on what we already had player wise at the club, Lambert set about changing our style of play but in doing that, only had the budget for inexperienced potential rather than the finished article. It must not be over looked that we had an abundance of young players already breaking into the first team so we really needed more experience to be added directly into the first team but Lambert didn't have the budget.

So why didn't he after appraising the squad identify our strengths (Bent) and then set about purchasing two young wingers to supply Bent rather than spending 7m on Benteke and whatever on Bowery? Lambert over the next couple of seasons could have then begun to build his own philosophy at the club but not all in one window and not at the start of this season.

The timing of this decision was as wrong as the apparent decision by the chairman not to invest this month due to the increase in TV revenue coming at the end of this season and we will go down because of it unless Lambert changes his tactics, or the chairman starts investing, or we get a manager in who fecking knows what he is doing.

Firstly let me state I wanted Lambert first day, got swayed slightly with the OSG talk, but all in all I really want him to do well, but what really annoys me is at the start of the season we bought into this talk of teams who wanted to play for Aston Villa, and weren't after a quick buck, but then there's no fight in these boys, no hunger, no bodies on the line. I'm very disappointed, and beginning to fall out of love with the Villa again. :(

Yeah the whole 'young and hungry' doesn't seem to be posted much anymore.

• Like 1