Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Please explain the Lambert right way

Does that include ostracising your clubs most expensive assets

Even if they are prima dona's you come up with a plan of how to get the best of them in a bad situation

Sending paid professionals to train with the your/reserve teams

Lamberts negative style is obvious, he seems like a bully, and is backed into a corner

Having the most uninspiring persona in interviews

Not being honest and leaving, when you are blatantly over your head.

I think "Lamberts right way" is the same as most other clubs without a sugar daddy, buy the players and pay the wages you can afford to.

As for ostracising the expensive players, I am definately not ITK, I don't know what is happening behind the scenes. I generally believe there are reasons managers don't play certain players, whether they are financial, tactical or personality issues, I think if a manager believes a player could genuinly make a difference, they will play them. After all Lamberts job and the teams success is on the line.

Apart from Darren Bent, it doesn't seem that there has been any interest from other clubs in the likes of Warnock, Hutton, Ireland etc. As for certain players being sent to train with the reserves, perhaps he believes they are a negative influence on the first team squad at a time when confidence is fragile enough.

The "prima donnas" in the team, you can have all the plans but if a player is not interested or commited it won't work. As I say, I don't know what is going on internally, but I guess there are reasons for the players being pushed out.

Paul Lamberts style in interviews has generally been similar to the way it is now, he stonewalls and gives bland answers to questions, thats is what winds some of the press up, the opposite to someone like Harry Redknapp, which maybe why he gets a easier ride from some sections of the media.

At the end of the day, I feel we will be better sticking with him and seeing the tough times through, hopefully successfully, than sacking him.

"It is believed Lambert would still stay in charge even if Villa drop down to the Championship with Lerner believing he would be the right man to take them back up after his double promotion exploits at Norwich"

From the independent

Shit the bed.............how is that the answer, purposely going for relegation, Lerner please sell to the next big, deep pocketed Arab u meet.

Yanks know your limits stick to pissy NFL, NHL, NBA and oh MLS, have i forgotten one oh yeh, Randy FOASITUSA.

I think the comment from Stephen Flynn to that article sums it up for me

I think the comment from Stephen Flynn is deeply, deeply stupid and illiterate, but, hey, this is a message board where people have different opinions.

I do agree with Andy Gray when he asks what on earth was Lambert doing not starting with Benteke and Weimann? We needed goals and that's who's been getting them. I've nearly given up hoping he can become even a competent manager.

Paul Faulkner has to go IMO. 34 year old man acting as our Chief Executive and has no plan. He has been at the helm for 3 of the worst years as a Villa fan. One mess after another. Be under no illusions, he is the boy who is in charge and filling RL with crap.

You better believe it.

Andy Gray can **** off - the opinion of a man who turned down the chance of being a manager to be a tv pundit shows what confidence he has in his own ability

Couldn't agree more. Always talked a good game and said what should have been done but also shit himself when Everton came calling in 1996 aswell.

Andy Gray can **** off - the opinion of a man who turned down the chance of being a manager to be a tv pundit shows what confidence he has in his own ability

Which part of this are you disagreeing with?

Andy Gray has blasted Paul Lambert’s tactics and insists Aston Villa can’t hide behind excuses of youth and inexperience.

Villa crashed out of the Capital One Cup on Tuesday night in a 4-3 aggregate defeat by League Two Bradford in the semi-final.

And Gray, who won the League Cup with the Midlands giants in 1977, was furious at what he saw from his former club.

He said: “It was a huge disappointment for every Villa fan. I was surprised at Villa’s selection, they should have mirrored Bradford’s formation.

“They made a mistake by not playing Andreas Weimann, a guy who has scored seven goals in his last nine games. That surprised me from Paul [Lambert]. He obviously had his reasons, but I didn’t get that. He should have stuck Weimann up front alongside Christian Benteke. He’s full of confidence as he showed when he came on.

“That was a mistake I wouldn’t have made, I don’t think. But Lambert picks the team and decided not to go with it. I would have done, you’ve got to believe you’ve got better players than a League Two side, so what’s wrong with pairing them right across the pitch and saying , ‘we’ll mirror you because we’ve got better players than you’.

The last half hour especially really, really, really disappointed me. I don’t know what Paul [Lambert] was trying to do— Andy Gray

“The last half hour especially really, really, really disappointed me. I don’t know what Paul was trying to do. There was an unbelievable lack of width. Every time they got the ball it was just whacked up into the box and there were four of five players within seven or eight yards square around the edge of the box.

“It was just hit and hope football and I couldn’t catch my breath at what I was seeing. “

Gray also dismisses the argument that Villa’s lack of experience was a decisive factor in the two-legged tie.

“Don’t let anyone got on again about age,” he added. “There was nothing in the ages of these teams to separate them.

“The Villa side - you talk about them not being experienced - but look at Given, Vlaar, Clark, who has played more 50 Premier League games, Bannan, a Scottish international, N’Zogbia, hundreds of Premier League games, Ireland, hundreds of Premier League games, Agbonlahor, hundreds of Premier League games, Benteke, an international footballer.

“Don’t give me that this is an inexperienced and young side, and that’s cost them. It wasn’t.”

So the defence seems to be there's no one else.

And everything will be good in the future based on nothing but hope.

Shows what a shit job he's doing when that's the core of his biggest fans defence of him.

But thats the long and short of it though.

Were Moyes to quit everton, or a quality manager suddenley be on the market - I am sure many more would say sack Lambert and bring in XXXX - but there isn't a candidate to unite behind.......unless you know of one ?

Sacking Lambert and bringing in RDM - I am sure you agree big John, wouldn't be a good move.

I think "Lamberts right way" is the same as most other clubs without a sugar daddy, buy the players and pay the wages you can afford to.

As for ostracising the expensive players, I am definately not ITK, I don't know what is happening behind the scenes. I generally believe there are reasons managers don't play certain players, whether they are financial, tactical or personality issues, I think if a manager believes a player could genuinly make a difference, they will play them. After all Lamberts job and the teams success is on the line.

Apart from Darren Bent, it doesn't seem that there has been any interest from other clubs in the likes of Warnock, Hutton, Ireland etc. As for certain players being sent to train with the reserves, perhaps he believes they are a negative influence on the first team squad at a time when confidence is fragile enough.

The "prima donnas" in the team, you can have all the plans but if a player is not interested or commited it won't work. As I say, I don't know what is going on internally, but I guess there are reasons for the players being pushed out.

Paul Lamberts style in interviews has generally been similar to the way it is now, he stonewalls and gives bland answers to questions, thats is what winds some of the press up, the opposite to someone like Harry Redknapp, which maybe why he gets a easier ride from some sections of the media.

At the end of the day, I feel we will be better sticking with him and seeing the tough times through, hopefully successfully, than sacking him.

Some good points there, but , if you have to face PL and his moody tendencies on a daily basis, do you think that would encourage you play to your maximum level.

From a psychological perspective he is emitting negative vibes that the whole club can feel. He has to go, IMO. Cant stand to see his miserable mug again.

I am baffled as to why Lambert is still getting so much support. Just how bad do things have to get before that support is withdrawn? Yes we desperately need stability but it's becoming painfully clear now that he is an incredibly shit manager and certainly not the one to take us forward.

Houllier and McLeish got crucified on here for less than this.

Edited by Mantis

Agree with this all over. I too gave up my season ticket this year and haven't attended a single game. I won't blab too much though otherwise I might get told I'm not allowed to have an opinion.

You are not allowed to have an opinion...... :)

I doubt my son and I will renew at the end of this season. He is totally fed up with all things Villa so I subjected a mate to last nights shambles instead. As for me I just don't enjoy it anymore, love the club but hate pretty much everything that is happening there.

Edited by Harry

There were a few people turning last night. It wont be long now.

Hmmm.....that I very much doubt that based on what the BBC are saying.

Lambert might not be right for us but I have yet to see any poster suggest a sensible and gettable alternative given our currrent predicament.

I am baffled as to why Lambert is still getting so much support. Just how bad do things have to get before that support is withdrawn? Yes we desperately need stability but it's becoming painfully clear now that he is an incredibly shit manager and certainly not the one to take us forward.

Houllier and McLeish got crucified on here for less than this.

Because we know he isn't going to get sacked.

Hmmm.....that I very much doubt that based on what the BBC are saying.

Lambert might not be right for us but I have yet to see any poster suggest a sensible and gettable alternative given our currrent predicament.

No i'm talking about, it wont be long before alot more fans start getting on his back. Pretty sure he wont be sacked this season.