Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Tut, Tut, Tut! For such an analyst I am shocked that you mistook Bent for Benteke as the player who flicked it on. At least Benteke did do his number one in aerial duels stat the world of good tonight. Just a shame he doesn't maintain that record when defending set pieces for us!

Didn't realise that. Well done Bent.

you can't realistically see that and then say " we just have to go again" or we will pick ourselves up etc,etc,etc.

Its silly.

What other response is there?

"Ahh crap lads - we sucked in the second half again... let's try and talk to the FA about scrapping a second half... no actually let's just give up and never play again - that way the fans can't moan..."

Doesn't matter who he plays, bottom line his he is tactically clueless and naive.

This is the easiest thing in the world to say. You could say it about anyone and be sure that nobody could prove wrong. AND it makes you sound clever. No wonder being an armchair tactician seems so popular.

The first half was delightful. I would like to think this is what a Lambert team is all about.

So much possession and flair but then they scored and it was a different game.

Maybe, but consider the level of the opposistion.

Gabby! **** Gabby. He is shit and can **** off in his fancy car. He scores one goal every two months if your lucky and then faffs about. Was shit in 2nd half Baggies when we could've sealed it and useless today and you put him and Bent in front of Weimann. Unbelievable..

Chill, it was a suggestion, yeh Weimann could come off the bench 2nd half, the club isn't signing anyone new, so i quote "we go again"

The blame lies completely with Lambert. He learnt absolutely nothing from the first leg where we hoofed the ball from wide positions into the Bradford box. Their defence must have thought it was feeding time. He did exactly the same thing tonight.

Lambert is tactically clueless. Like MON, he only has Plan A. In Lambert's case, Gung-ho!

You can blame Lerner, the young squad, individual players but the real blame lies at the Manager's door. The man's an idiot, way, way out of his depth.

• Like 1

People calling for PLs head - I hear you brothers but we all know where the real problem lies.

Lerner and Faulkner.

Treat the cause not the symptom.

UTV

Couldnt agree more. He's not the one who got us where we are squad wise he's the guy we asked to get us out of this mess and i cant see how turning on him is gonna help. Players need to shoulder responsibility and owners need to start understanding how much we need a centre back and a controlling central midfielder.

I really don't think he has a clue. Before the 1st leg it was blatently obvious set peices were going to be key, yet we still let in 3 all from corners. Then again today, despite the warnings from the 1st leg, clearly nothing was done to change this. It's unforgivable and it's not just against these. It feels like we let in a goal from a set peice every week now.

When we had to chase the game he didn't know what to do. Bringing on 2 strikers and sticking all 4 of them on the same blade of grass doesn't work. Though both full backs were shocking today, does Lambert tell them they aren't allowed past the half way line or is that a choice of their own?

• Like 1

Chill, it was a suggestion, yeh Weimann could come off the bench 2nd half, the club isn't signing anyone new, so i quote "we go again"

Sorry. I'm proper fuming. Not meant in anger at you.

Just seen terrible news

"Paul Lambert has insisted he will not resign as Aston Villa manager despite being dumped out of the Capital One Cup by Bradford City."

That's it now for me, just got home, spent a load, lost again,

Enough.

We are so poor, not even close to some of the bad teams in the premiership.

Strangely I think lambert is the man , we should stick with him. But now is the time,

Randy out, Faulkner out. Simple.

Couldnt agree more. He's not the one who got us where we are squad wise he's the guy we asked to get us out of this mess and i cant see how turning on him is gonna help. Players need to shoulder responsibility and owners need to start understanding how much we need a centre back and a controlling central midfielder.

To be fair to Lerner he did give Lambert £20m to spend this summer. £20m net spend should be more than enough to keep you away from relegation.

Hopefully after the Newcastle game he'll get what he's been deserving for the last month - the sack. I can't see us winning another league game under him, let alone staying up. But the real cancer is the owner. He could turn us into a League One outfit and still not give a shit. Its his passport to shaking hands with people like Fergie etc. Lambert is just his little poodle to eat shit and enjoy his wages.

I don't know what to say any more... Just I have lost all faith in the club now & sadly that's not even a knee jerk reaction just i have 0 belief in this club anymore... You can only take so much repeated disappointment on this level & you just know they are not even capable of a response whatsoever.. that has been proven after the Chelsea defeat then the Spurs one, then the Wigan one, then the Bradford one TWICE, then the collapses at Swansea & WBA it's just incessant & proves that they are simply not capable of sorting it out... It happened yet again tonight.. they scored & the players imploded again... I Didn't see the Bradford players do that when we went 1-0 up!!

OMFG TACTICS!!!!

Jesus christ this dude is so tactically shit. Either the players are ignoring him or he really doesn't have a clue. What the point in putting 4 strikers in the box, specially when one of them is about 8ft, and not put the ball in when it goes wide?

Seriously, every time the ball went out wide to the full backs, we just cut back in and switched to the other side? Why?

Why weren't the full backs over lapping?

Why wasn't Gabby running down the channels using his pace?

So dumb, the guy is tactically clueless. No plan at all in the second half, it was literally a case of give the ball to Nzogbia and hope he did something spectacular with it.

Edited by PieFacE

To be fair to Lerner he did give Lambert £20m to spend this summer. £20m net spend should be more than enough to keep you away from relegation.

Not really, the club has been in a massive decline for 3 seasons now. We've been knocking closer on the door of relegation each time. Quite a few players left at the end of last season and the squad has needed major investment - far, far more than 20m, imo. We knew that a core of the team with likes of Herd, Bannan, Lichaj, Stevens, Delph etc were Championship quality at best and it's inevitably where we'd be heading without genuine quality. It costs money.

• Like 2