Paul Lambert

Pilchard

the bare minimum should never have been or should be to stay in the league, we should of always continued to challenge for europa, how the mighty have fallen if the key target of the club is to not get relegated, how pityful

however, to be honest, im getting bored now of this 'young dynamic' manager bullsh it, gregory, oleary, oneill, mcleish and now lambert, how about we employ a proper manager, a manger with full knowledge of the game, who has many contacts further afield than norwich! someone with links in europe, etc, a manager who knows how to deal with players ego and qualities

lambert is acting like a star struck little boy

I have dealt with another way and on Facebook have generally said that we Villa fans wake up every day happy that we weren't born filthly inbred retards and be made to support such nasty little teams such as Small Heath and the stripey boggies

Yeah we who support Villa will always know and feel that way, and be proud of what this once great club has achieved.

But to fans of other teams looking from the outside we are a joke

Are you still confident he will be backed in this window or do you think Lerner will do what he did with McLeish and reign in the January spending as he thinks it will be money wasted as he will probably be booted in the summer?

yes I am and to be honest if he isn't then there can be no doubt that the real person to blame for our current mess is Lerner himself
  • Like 2

the bare minimum should never have been or should be to stay in the league, we should of always continued to challenge for europa, how the mighty have fallen if the key target of the club is to not get relegated, how pityful

however, to be honest, im getting bored now of this 'young dynamic' manager bullsh it, gregory, oleary, oneill, mcleish and now lambert, how about we employ a proper manager, a manger with full knowledge of the game, who has many contacts further afield than norwich! someone with links in europe, etc, a manager who knows how to deal with players ego and qualities

lamberts links and connections with the European game are probably the best we have had in a manager since BFR

Ahh but you see, Lambert did spend that glorious summer in Germany as a young boy having ever so much fun froliking with his new found friends.

Are you still confident he will be backed in this window or do you think Lerner will do what he did with McLeish and reign in the January spending as he thinks it will be money wasted as he will probably be booted in the summer?

Well he supported that idiot Houllier when we was in a similar position and we had a far better team then. He either sacks or supports him. Time for Randy to act and quickly. Personally I would give him the money and keep PL to the end of the season it would upset me to see another manager be made a multi-millionaire on the back of a failure.

Its indeed a dark day for Villa. I've never felt so low as a fan. Lerner and Lambert are driving me away from this club.

EDIT TO ADD: Lambert needs to go. He looked totally lost tonight. Bring in Curbishley I say and a bit of experience to get out of this mess. Lambert toally lost me tonight. I'll be calling for his head from now on.

Curbishley? You cannot be serious!

You can blame Lerner for lots of things, but you can't blame him for such things as losing at home to Wigan and away to a fourth division team. I blame him for recruiting another clueless, dour, uninspiring word removed to go with the two before him. The way he sat slumped in the dug-out said it all about Paul Lambert...he's totally out of his depth and he knows it.

cheer up fellas, always darkest before the dawn and all that. chin up.

last night was a terrible result, we were pretty wastefull and pretty unlucky combined with some terrible marking on a few corners.

we will get better and i still think PL is a good appointment for the long term. 6 months is short term. keep the faith.

I'm not sure it's all Lerners fault. He gave lambert £24m in the summer - 4th biggest budget and he spunked it on a crock - Vlaar and shit players - KEA, Bennett, Bowery and Lowton.

Lambert is the worst manager the villa have had in 40 years and should go.

I just can't believe Lambert wouldn't see what the problem is in our team - the spinless and gutless midfield with Delph and Bannan. Those two doesn't offer any cover for our defenders which is why our defense is leaking - if he doesn't see that then he's even more clueless than TSM.

IMO there is a way to fix our team and that's with four precise buys: DC, DCM, MC/AMC and someone who can play in the hole, striker or wide (Gouffran or Coutinho?).

I'm not sure it's all Lerners fault. He gave lambert £24m in the summer - 4th biggest budget and he spunked it on a crock - Vlaar and shit players - KEA, Bennett, Bowery and Lowton.

Lambert is the worst manager the villa have had in 40 years and should go.

havent you previously said he wasn't backed enough, or as much as some of us said he would be?
  • Like 1

CI is right. Lambert did have money to spend.

We bought a back line minus Clark and they are poor or injured, Vlaar is still down as TBC on thephysioroom.com

We were better off with Collins and Cuellar

Mick McCarthy? Barry Fry?

A while ago i heard that the reason Houllier got the job over Curbishley is that he placed greater emphasis on youth. I am wondering whether working with our academy kids is madatory for getting the villa job. Does this order come from the top ?

I think Lamberts done here - but hopefully RL \ PF will realise that the academy produces the odd player - not bucket loads.