Paul Lambert

Pilchard

We didn't match them for effort last night. It's the managers job to ensure that the eleven players who he picks are properly motivated and ready for the battle. If he can't do that, and the signs were there last night, then we have no hope.

Southampton is now a make or break game for Lambert. Fans will be on a knife edge and if we go behind and are struggling, the mood could turn ugly. If this happens it will become untenable for him and this very fragile team will sink under the pressure.

I think we matched them for effort, we just failed to defend 3 simple corners. Particularly Benteke who needs to pull his finger out.

I think Lambert's fed up demeanour last night was him knowing that what he had out on the pitch isn't good enough. The tactics/formation isn't the issue for me. The players know they can't cope - hence a complete lack of motivation. They're too scared to want the ball and just panic when they get it. Bennett was like a rabbit in the headlights. Lambert knows they can't cope, Lerner and Faulkner have to know they can't cope.

You read about young players joining big clubs and having the likes of a Roy Keane or Viera breathing down their necks in training from day one - cajoling them and constantly at them to improve every part of their game. We simply don't have that.

The next few weeks are huge - it's up to RL to decide if he wants to finance it, and PL to bring the required players.

Sacking Lambert is madness - we'll be right back here in a year's time with the next guy - either fighting relegation or rebuilding in the Championship. If it's the latter - Lambert's probably the most qualified to do it.

It's major biting of the bullet - but stability has to be the priority.

Great Post - my thoughts exactly

For those of you who are saying 'we can't keep changing managers halfway through the season', can you please highlight when this has happened??

The last 5 managers have all taken control in the summer - O'Leary, O'Neill, Houllier, Mcleish, Lambert. Of them 5, only Houllier didn't have much of a transfer window to get a few players in.

The last change of manager mid-way through a season was when Taylor took over from Gregory. Yes, that was a disaster, but that was Ellis gradually losing the plot. Before that though, Gregory took over from Little in February 1998 and got the team firing for the second half of the season.

So, this myth of it would do more harm than good is bollocks. Most the damage that has been inflicted on this club by the last few dougnuts who have resided over the team has been done during the summer.

There is a lot wrong with this club other than Lambert. Lerner takes a lot of the blame. Yes, he backed managers with money but a better chairman with just a tad of knowledge about Football would have not allowed players such as Hutton, Beye, Heskey etc... to be brought in on such stupidly high wages. He also wrote off last season with his appointment of Mcleish, which was NEVER EVER going to turn out to be anything more than what it was - a shambles. Again, a clear lack of experience and knowledge of the games shines through with that decision.

So, we have a chairman, surrounded by ex-vietnam goons and a chief executive who does not have a clue.

As for Lambert, he'll end up on the scrapheap eventually. He lacks emotion, this dead-pan expression come what may is pissing me off and he's sounding like a broken record. Yes, we have a young side but that's cos' HE sold or alienated the few experienced players we had. So that excuse holds no weight with me.

His signings have been hit and miss. Westwood looks OK but what does he actually do? Pass the ball from side to side. Benteke looks awesome one minute and sunday league the next. As for the others, I can't even be bothered as they are that poor.

I would not trust him with another penny to spend as this long term 'project' that we are apparantly on, seems to be a one way ticket to Championship football. His decision making is very poor - Bent scores on Saturday, so he then drops him??!! - and tactically he can't influence a game.

A lot of these players are not good enough but they are being hung out to dry as Lambert's shit formations and tactics are exposing every weakness we have. Under Mcleish the defence was shit but Lambert has managed to make it worse. I actually think Baker will turn out to be a very good defender but he needs someone to learn from.

The bottom line is, if we had played/lost the like we have the throughout the season under Mcleish, there would have been a riot. 8-0 away at Chelsea under Mcleish?? I'd fear for his safety.

We are a complete laughing stock and as much as I couldn't give a shit what other fans think, to feel humilated as a fan of this club is not a nice feeling. The rot needs stopping now. The ideal solution is the whole of the board and ex-Norwich posse sling their hooks. Failing that, I'd settle for a new manager who actually has a clue.

For those of you who are saying 'we can't keep changing managers halfway through the season', can you please highlight when this has happened??

The last 5 managers have all taken control in the summer - O'Leary, O'Neill, Houllier, Mcleish, Lambert. Of them 5, only Houllier didn't have much of a transfer window to get a few players in.

The last change of manager mid-way through a season was when Taylor took over from Gregory. Yes, that was a disaster, but that was Ellis gradually losing the plot. Before that though, Gregory took over from Little in February 1998 and got the team firing for the second half of the season.

So, this myth of it would do more harm than good is bollocks. Most the damage that has been inflicted on this club by the last few dougnuts who have resided over the team has been done during the summer.

There is a lot wrong with this club other than Lambert. Lerner takes a lot of the blame. Yes, he backed managers with money but a better chairman with just a tad of knowledge about Football would have not allowed players such as Hutton, Beye, Heskey etc... to be brought in on such stupidly high wages. He also wrote off last season with his appointment of Mcleish, which was NEVER EVER going to turn out to be anything more than what it was - a shambles. Again, a clear lack of experience and knowledge of the games shines through with that decision.

So, we have a chairman, surrounded by ex-vietnam goons and a chief executive who does not have a clue.

As for Lambert, he'll end up on the scrapheap eventually. He lacks emotion, this dead-pan expression come what may is pissing me off and he's sounding like a broken record. Yes, we have a young side but that's cos' HE sold or alienated the few experienced players we had. So that excuse holds no weight with me.

His signings have been hit and miss. Westwood looks OK but what does he actually do? Pass the ball from side to side. Benteke looks awesome one minute and sunday league the next. As for the others, I can't even be bothered as they are that poor.

I would not trust him with another penny to spend as this long term 'project' that we are apparantly on, seems to be a one way ticket to Championship football. His decision making is very poor - Bent scores on Saturday, so he then drops him??!! - and tactically he can't influence a game.

A lot of these players are not good enough but they are being hung out to dry as Lambert's shit formations and tactics are exposing every weakness we have. Under Mcleish the defence was shit but Lambert has managed to make it worse. I actually think Baker will turn out to be a very good defender but he needs someone to learn from.

The bottom line is, if we had played/lost the like we have the throughout the season under Mcleish, there would have been a riot. 8-0 away at Chelsea under Mcleish?? I'd fear for his safety.

We are a complete laughing stock and as much as I couldn't give a shit what other fans think, to feel humilated as a fan of this club is not a nice feeling. The rot needs stopping now. The ideal solution is the whole of the board and ex-Norwich posse sling their hooks. Failing that, I'd settle for a new manager who actually has a clue.

What a load of rubbish - worst post today by far (by far)

So you're in favour of sacking Lambert and bringing in who?

On the other hand Houllier, McLeish, had one season - we went nowhere and we had to start again. Imagine we'd been able to keep going with Houllier - where do you think we'd be?

O'Neill had a few seasons to build.

I don't think we have anywhere close to having the squad to allow a manager to come in and give us a shot in the arm to bring us up the table in half a season like say Gregory did.

I've backed Lambert but I'm done now. I will be there Saturday to witness the next debacle and on full time will shout for his head.

Even if we win? :huh:

A good manager can at least organise 11 mediocre players. We don't even have that. He doesn't have a clue, no tactics, no game plan, no fight, no motivation. Appalling results , smashing all the wrong records, sorry but time is up. If he stays it will get worse and worse.

What do you or anyone else think will be achieved bringing in another manager right now?

I don't give a shit who is manager as not even Jose Mourinho & Pepe Gaurdiola could even sort this mess out between them.

We need to be looking at the problems of this club and it does not start with the players, the manager or maurice the kit man. I think we need to look at wee bit higher in the club itself!

If I was Paul Lambert I would be into Faulkners office with the list of players needed and tell him 'Get them or I'm off'.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Lambert can't come out and say he didn't get enough money. He can't come out and say what what the truth behind the Dempsey deal but will you just accept FACTS and realise there wasn't more money there. Now you might ask who am I to say such things.....what I will say is I've passed information on to board's administrators which proves I do have information and know what I'm talking about (he can confirm this without going into the finer details!).

Even now - do you expect him to come up, jump up and down and complain about the budgets he is working within! That doesn't happen. Not when you still think money can be made available and things will improve. It will take time. If you were told budgets would be slashed in a bid to prepare for more spending in the future and that Lambert was having to do a lot of dirty work this season to make it possible to improve next season would you accept it? If the team surives?

He knew it would be the hardest season of his life but thought it would be worth it to try and come through the other end and find himself in a good job and a massive club (far bigger than Norwich will ever be) and have the chance to really take the club forward with a bit more money to work with moving forward!

Sorry but I'll only except 'facts' when they are proven.

What was Lambert's main gripe at Norwich? Lack of transfer funds? Norwich were steadily improving in the Premiership and had soundly beaten us at the end of the season.

Why would any manager then leave for a club who were struggling and be tied down by the very same reasons he had left his previous club?

No the only reason he would have left Norwich for us if he had been told he was going to be backed to turn us around and he was backed with more funding available if needed.

He has failed not because of a lack of funding, but due to buying the wrong players which hasn't addressed our weaknesses.

I have to agree. I detested McLeish and his boring, dour anti football but Lambert has returned worse results (and after Bradford against a worse team) than McLeish yet he is a protected species and some people seem to worship the ground he walks on.

Well if he carries on in the same fashion the ground he walks on will be at every Championship club!

We won't beat Southampton though, it won't even be close. As soon as they score their 1st the 11 so called villa players will drop their heads and wilt away. Lambert will retreat next to the dugout and nestle down in between Culverhouse and the other gimp.

I would be hopeful. He isn't the type of person who would accept getting messed about. He won't be enjoying these results or his own reputation being damaged and you can be sure he has made it crystal clear what is needed.

His signing targets are interesting and would deffo improve the team. (I need to say it isn't possible for him to sign Premier League players because of transfer fee and wages) So the market he has looked at closely is abroad.

If they come in, I've no doubts Villa will survive. What people need to understand is the young players who are struggling will play better with a few better and slightly more experienced players next to them.

As for giving the owner an ultimatum, that won't be needed. Good discussions have taken place and as things stand Lambert fully expects to get new faces on board. But you can be sure if the transfer window comes and goes and he isn't happy he will know about it! It can be difficult for a new manager to know who to trust and how to pass such information on to the fan in the street.

But what I will say he is if confident the board will back him this month within reason.

I appreciate people on here believe you have to provide confirmed information before you can be taken seriously or trustworthy which is why I provided one of the admin guys, TrentVilla, with specific information which proves I know what I am talking about!

Cheers Hands!! Info appreciated. Keep it coming :)

Even if we win? :huh:

What do you or anyone else think will be achieved bringing in another manager right now?

I don't give a shit who is manager as not even Jose Mourinho & Pepe Gaurdiola could even sort this mess out between them.

We need to be looking at the problems of this club and it does not start with the players, the manager or maurice the kit man. I think we need to look at wee bit higher in the club itself!

If I was Paul Lambert I would be into Faulkners office with the list of players needed and tell him 'Get them or I'm off'.

At the moment I don't think Lambert is in any position to hand out ultimatums.

Sorry but I'll only except 'facts' when they are proven.

What was Lambert's main gripe at Norwich? Lack of transfer funds? Norwich were steadily improving in the Premiership and had soundly beaten us at the end of the season.

Why would any manager then leave for a club who were struggling and be tied down by the very same reasons he had left his previous club?

No the only reason he would have left Norwich for us if he had been told he was going to be backed to turn us around and he was backed with more funding available if needed.

He has failed not because of a lack of funding, but due to buying the wrong players which hasn't addressed our weaknesses.

So he left Norwich due to lack of transfer funds and came to us because he was promised a huge warchest.....ahh, thanks for sharing that

I'll continue to back him through this window and to the end of the season and reassess from there

DOL not exactly the guy you want when funds are tight. He'd have Bannan and Bennett running to the press to complain.....

DOL signed Laursen and Bouma not muppets like Bennett and KEA

Not too sure with that... He's at the biggest club he's ever been at, then he's got the pay check to consider. Why walk when he can get sacked for money ? But things will never get as bad as mcleish got so he has absolutely nothing to lose by staying.

He clearly cares for the club and wants to do well but in the last few years at our club thats easier said than done.

This has to be the worse than Mcleish?