Paul Lambert

Pilchard

If we lose to Wigan I will lose any faith I have left in Lambert, I already do not trust his "kids" who are just not premier league level.

Then you had no faith to begin with, as the essential ingredient of faith is that you keep it, not lose it when things happen you dont like.

I'm still behind Lambert personally, It's just my opinion but I honestly believe it will take time to build. Let's not forget how awful and dispirited the squad was that very narrowly avoided relegation last year, it's a tough, tough job and I've seen signs this season that make me believe he will get it right. He needs time and transfer windows. I couldn't bear more chopping and changing.

However, I can completely understand people's deep concerns; tactically we look all over the place at the moment, so tangled up in what he wants to do, it looks as though neither he or the players know what's going on and you'd have to question his ability to pick up the young players after heavy defeats, I've never seen such a demoralized team. I think it's probably hit Lambert far harder than he imagined and we're maybe seeing the results of his inexperience as it's a phase in his career that he's never had to deal with before. The board will have to dissect the results of the last few weeks and they will see a squad absolutely obliterated of confidence, at a point so low they may not believe that it will recover. There's no way we'll be able to attract any players in January that will make substantial difference to the overall quality. It'll be interesting to see if the board panic here and take action by sacking Lambert and yet again changing strategy. I don't think they should... but I sort of think they could.

Edited by nobler

Thats the whole point, you either think he's the right guy - as I do - or not. I am not going to change my opinion because of some bad defeats.

So what now ? Same as before.

Unfortunately he might yet still be our best option out there, i dont think there is anyone else out there who can turn us around. Fat Sam may be but he is not going to leave Spammers for us

I'm still behind Lambert personally, It's just my opinion but I honestly believe it will take time to build. Let's not forget how awful and dispirited the squad was that very narrowly avoided relegation last year, it's a tough, tough job and I've seen signs this season that make me believe he will get it right. He needs time and transfer windows. I couldn't bear more chopping and changing.

However, I can completely understand people's deep concerns; tactically we look all over the place at the moment, so tangled up in what he wants to do, it looks as though neither he or the players know what's going on and you'd have to question his ability to pick up the young players after heavy defeats, I've never seen such a demoralized team. I think it's probably hit Lambert far harder than he imagined and we're maybe seeing the results of his inexperience as it's a phase in his career that he's never had to deal with before. The board will have to dissect the results of the last few weeks and they will see a squad absolutely obliterated of confidence, at a point so low they may not believe that it will recover. There's no way we'll be able to attract any players in January that will make substantial difference to the overall quality. It'll be interesting to see if the board panic here and take action by sacking Lambert and yet again changing strategy. I don't think they should... but I sort of think they could.

good post nobler. Fwiw I think they will stick with him, I hope he sticks with us and the texts I have had about him walking are not true, texts from mates by the way not anyone connected with vp so I'm not too worried yet!

Thats the whole point, you either think he's the right guy - as I do - or not. I am not going to change my opinion because of some bad defeats.

So what now ? Same as before.

still the right guy for me. No doubts at all

Needs to drop the 3 at the back.

It is plain to see it is the midfield at fault, two many times they lost the ball and stood looking for a decision off the ref instead of playing to the whistle, the defense just lobbed the ball hoping benteke gets on the end of it, headless chickens spring to mind,

Yes the confidence is low and they are demoralized, this does not though excuse the lack of movement and effort, 2 many times the player had the ball and no player made themselves available,

Utter utter shambles, even as a devout Villa fan I have to say they deserve to go down, At the moment I am ashamed to be a Villa Fan, I thought things could not get worse after last season but by god trust the villa to prove me wrong.

I do not mind loosing as that is football but it is the nature of the last 3 defeats that concern me, even Benteke from being a star has now turned into a clown who can not pass a bloody ball 15 feet,

The way wigan played today, I think they would have put goals past most teams...

In all seriousness PL does not have the necessary man management skills to get the best out of ordinary players. There are some managers who thrive with limited players but PL has clearly displayed he doesn't have that in his locker at this early stage in his career.

Now whether or not he can get more established players to perform will depend on whether he is given some funds to spend but more problematic will be attracting such established players to come to a team that is looking championship fodder.

The way wigan played today, I think they would have put goals past most teams...

Surely you are kidding (apologies if you really are). Please let's not revise this into 'yeah, I know it's Wigan but actually they played very well'. They didn't. Wigan were very poor. THEY WERE SHIT. We were just shitter.

Their passing was more laughable than our own and their attacks were limp, they just still managed to carve through our weak clueless defence. They should have had two obvious penalties within the first 10 minutes, which had nothing to do with them playing well.

It's all on Lambert. He should have bought an extra CB in summer. His other buys should have been better. He shouldn't have stuck with a broken formation that already caused us to concede 12 in two games. He should give at least some minor impression that he knows what he's doing. Bottom line, he should have these players playing better. He's not good enough.

Edited by Laivasse