Paul Lambert

Pilchard

im sticking by Lambert - even though i now think its highly probable we will go down.

Relegation has been coming since MON walked - the damage done in that period was massive - Lambert has been very bold in his bid to stop the rot - but any upturn in fortunes looks a way off.

Its similar to 1987 - Billy Mcneil was rightly castigated a the disaster manager who got us relegated - but those followed the club closley in that era - will tell you of the damage done by Ellis and Graham Turner - the relegation Juggernaut was already rolling when Mcneil arrived - not that he was blamless.

Same with Lambert - he will probably be the villian that takes us down - but the issues go beyond the time of his appointment.

On current form we will fail to get 30 points, let alone 40. The club is in dissaray, Lambert has caused a rift in the club by ostracising some of the senior players. He needs to change things at Swindon. A suggestion could be,

Guzan,

Lowton, Dunne, Vlaar, Stevens

CNZ, Ireland, Westwood, Bannan

Bent, Benteke

We need to stick with Lambert, relegation for us looks inevitable and has done for a few years, if we go down we have to stick with him and create some stability - sacking managers every year is just going to make things worse.

Relegation is the worst thing that could happen to the club, the Championship is not an easy league to bounce back straight away, Lerner must act sooner rather than later, back him or sack him. Silence is not endearing to the fans. If Lerner has run his course with the football hobby he needs to make that clear so another backer can take over and hopefully drive us forwards.

I am confused by Lambert. Part of me worries he's a bit deluded and doesn't see what we see (comments about how well we've played and team selection etc) and part of me thinks he is clever because he knows what he's working with and is doing his very best to put a positive slant on everything to try to not knock the players' confidence any more than it is already.

We are, at the moment, up shit Creek! I will be shocked if we are not in the bottom three on New Year's Day. Personally, I cannot see us spending enough money, or buying the right quality, to get us out of it. I hope I am wrong but nothing I have seen this season has led me to believe we are a Premiership quality team. We have a completely new back five that is still trying to gel together. I think Vlaar will be good with a decent CB alongside him. Having kids around him makes him look vulnerable. I think Lowton looks a quality player and may even become a better CB than right back! I think Bennett looks out of his depth. Surely he can only get better? Guzan is the only player who can hold his head real high because he has saved a lot of chances that had goal written all over them!

Our midfield is simply appalling. You can't knock Holman for his work ethic but his ability his very limited. El Amahdi is the Morroccan Mark Draper. He plays from side to side like a crab. I am not surprised he does this, his forward passing is wayward and often too heavy. He can't tackle either! Delph is another who can't tackle but he is playing in a position that he didn't occupy at Leeds when he looked a decent prospect. I don't think we will ever see the best of him whilst he plays in that role. Our wingers are suffering from the quality of player behind them and who is trying to get the ball to them.

Bent is wasted on us. He came here when we had a half decent midfield who could get the ball to him. He is now suffering from lack of service. It is not his fault! When you go out and buy a Ferrari, it's pointless then moaning about the running costs and cost of the insurance! Bent is what he is. It's not his fault that the club's new transfer policy has turned him in to a luxury player. Unless we sign players with the necessary skills to get the ball to him, we might just as well cash in whilst he has value! Unfortunately, that leaves us with Gabby who hasn't scored a league goal for nearly 30 games, Weimann who is hard working but not looking like a deadly marksman and Benteke, who looks like a cross between Savo and Heskey. I know he took his goal brilliantly yesterday but how many has he missed and how many times was he caught offside?

I am not saying these players won't come good and won't become a decent side. I am just saying that I don't think it will come soon enough to keep us in the Premier League! Unless of course there are three other teams that don't reach the 35 points mark, which is the most I think we will achieve. I just hope Randy gets his money out in January and Lambert buys experience over youth!

Yes that is the one positive for me at the moment. Next season the last of the big earners will have left so if we go down we might be able to keep the young squad together and mount a charge to come back up. Lambert knows the division and what it takes to get promotion as well.

Yes that is the one positive for me at the moment. Next season the last of the big earners will have left so if we go down we might be able to keep the young squad together and mount a charge to come back up. Lambert knows the division and what it takes to get promotion as well.

In our present position contemplating relegation is realism but excepting it on the basis of Lambert's past record that he would bring us straight back up again is totally unacceptable to me.

As several posters have already pointed out, we have only played one quarter of the season. There is still time to change what is very quickly becoming a forgone conclusion. Lambert must adapt a five in midfield to make us harder to beat and play with more width. Our new FBs aren't yet good enough to provide it. Lambert must also use the best players available to us with N'Zogbia, Ireland and Dunne playing every week bar injury. This should be done until January when better quality should be brought in.

What makes people think that Lambert will stay when we go down?

Just look at his record, the way he left Colchester for Norwich was even worse than how O'Neill walked out on us.

When we are relegated, and we will be, Lambert will walk out on us and take another step on his career ladder.

He will not be missed...

What makes people think that Lambert will stay when we go down?

Just look at his record, the way he left Colchester for Norwich was even worse than how O'Neill walked out on us.

When we are relegated, and we will be, Lambert will walk out on us and take another step on his career ladder.

He will not be missed...

If Lambert relegates us what makes you think another Premiership club would have him?

lambert will stick around if we go down.. we all know its been on the cards for some time,i expect villa to be in the bottom 3 nov/dec, i dont blame pl but the owner,the warning signs were plain as day when robbie keane shone last year,the quality is not the squad & the drain on the wages has took its toll. positives.. newcastle have come back a better side,they got rid of the dead wood earners. however if randy wanted to make a fist of it he could,hes has the £ to get some game changing players in in jan.

If Lambert relegates us what makes you think another Premiership club would have him?

Because that's how it usually works in football. Managers, even the very worst ones have to fail over and over again before teams stop asking for their service. Lamber will have a couple more failiures in him before this happens

If we can somehow quickly fix the midfield we may stand a chance. But if he continues playing KEA Delph Albrighton Holman Ireland we are ****.

What are the rules on signing players outside of the window ? Is it limited to free agents ?

I say again, Hargreaves on pay as you go and sit him in DCM.

If we can somehow quickly fix the midfield we may stand a chance. But if he continues playing KEA Delph Albrighton Holman Ireland we are ****.

What are the rules on signing players outside of the window ? Is it limited to free agents ?

I say again, Hargreaves on pay as you go and sit him in DCM.

We could have taken free agents NRC and Hitzlsperger upon till last week... Nothing major but would still have been an improvement on the current dross.

I get that PL wants to build for the future ..but he needs to worry about the here and now.The run from last season and now this season is eating the confidence from the players we need some experaince and I don't care if it's just a loan.Now is not the time to give it oh we are a big club we shouldn't be loaning players crap.The squad needs major help.

Secondly set pieces for the love of **** 3 games 3 goals from corners have beat us essential ( we were chasing the game when Lennon got 2nd for Spurs) we need to smarten up.All 3 set pieces weren't even that good it was easily avoidable poor marking for all three..yesterday I have no idea what MA was doing leaving the post allowing the ball to creep in.