Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Could really debate all your points there but will instead state this.

If there had been any chance at all of Moyes coming to this club who would the chairman and fans have preferred. Moyes or Lambert?

I would also suggest that you stop fielding the insults to back your debate. It's becoming tiresome.

Did you feel the comment was aimed at you?

I'm sorry, it was aimed at the kids (young and old) who think a guy can walk into a disaster zone of a football club and turn it around in five minutes, like you can on Champ manager or whatever its called these days

Thats quite clearly not you, is it?

Could really debate all your points there but will instead state this.

If there had been any chance at all of Moyes coming to this club who would the chairman and fans have preferred. Moyes or Lambert?

I would also suggest that you stop fielding the insults to back your debate. It's becoming tiresome.

oh, and instead of dodging the debate in this kind of way, and making epople think you dont have a valid answer to the point raised, as you have done several times in the past few days, try making your point, go on, its fun

So lets hear your reasons as to why you think the points I made about Moyes arent true. I'd be really interested to hear them, because I remember Everton staying up on the last day. Do you not remember that?

Did you feel the comment was aimed at you?

I'm sorry, it was aimed at the kids (young and old) who think a guy can walk into a disaster zone of a football club and turn it around in five minutes, like you can on Champ manager or whatever its called these days

Thats quite clearly not you, is it?

oh, and instead of dodging the debate in this kind of way, and making epople think you dont have a valid answer to the point raised, as you have done several times in the past few days, try making your point, go on, its fun

So lets hear your reasons as to why you think the points I made about Moyes arent true. I'd be really interested to hear them, because I remember Everton staying up on the last day. Do you not remember that?

No i'm the kind of person who after watching our club getting rid of the worst manager we ever had, exercising his opinion on the next manager appointed presiding over our worst start ever in the Premiership by spunking our budget on absolute dross, some of which aren't even good enough to get into our first team as poor as it is. If you want to dress that up as someone who plays Championship Manager then go ahead but the last time i looked at the current Premiership table we were in the bottom five unless you now want to explain that by a new story line in Dallas?

Secondly, since you have again avoided my question on who the fans or indeed our chairman would have preferred which would indeed substantiate my point concerning Moyes more than anything else, i'll leave you to enjoy whatever fantasy world you choose to live in.

No i'm the kind of person who after watching our club getting rid of the worst manager we ever had, exercising his opinion on the next manager appointed presiding over our worst start ever in the Premiership by spunking our budget on absolute dross, some of which aren't even good enough to get into our first team as poor as it is. If you want to dress that up as someone who plays Championship Manager then go ahead but the last time i looked at the current Premiership table we were in the bottom five unless you now want to explain that by a new story line in Dallas?

Secondly, since you have again avoided my question on who the fans or indeed our chairman would have preferred which would indeed substantiate my point concerning Moyes more than anything else, i'll leave you to enjoy whatever fantasy world you choose to live in.

Avoiding a question by accusing someone else of avoiding a question that was designed to not have to debate the original point.

We might have fallen into some kind of time warp.

Lambert is probably among the best we have at the club now.

Very happy with the appointment, and it will be interesting to see where we stand next summer when he has had a full season and we can make some judgements of his actions and signings.

Until then, I am very happy.

Also happy that he managed to get Benteke, Lowton, Vlaar and Bennett at reasonable prices.

Holman was written off before he'd played which has to be some sort of VT record

I was one of the posters who did question the signing of Holman. I was concerned about his ability on the ball and have seen nothing to suggest that i was wrong about him.

Avoiding a question by accusing someone else of avoiding a question that was designed to not have to debate the original point.

We might have fallen into some kind of time warp.

I would suggest learning to read would be a good starting point for you on VT.

I have fully addressed the poster's point in the second paragraph of my answer in a way that would stop the debate going around in circles.

I m terrified of where we are and yet I remain very pleased with Lambert. Illogical I know but there you are. The truth is I like the way he wants us to play and I like his signing philosophy.

This is where I am as well. Pleased we have Lambert at the helm and Trust him. Cant explain why considering the results.

I was one of the posters who did question the signing of Holman. I was concerned about his ability on the ball and have seen nothing to suggest that i was wrong about him.

Fair enough Morph. I thought Holman was brilliant against Swansea and more than deserved his man of the match. A hard working player, keen to do his bit on and off the ball, with a phenomenal amount of running energy not seen consistently down Villa Park since Milner left. And I know, Holman is no Milner... But, I looked at his performances against Swansea and Baggies and given where we are right now as a club, I thought he is the most likely player that we will struggle to keep hold of 'if we do well.' I suspect Holman (maybe Vlaar) to be the next players Villa will sell when they show how good they are.

Have to agree.

I love Holman for his work rate and i think he'll be a regular in the team for that reason.

But actually as a footballer I think he's limited, from what I've seen so far.

Workrate is faultless, But I think his limited ball playing abiliy will stop him from ever being a really good player.